GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard Help Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard Help Please

hi Niddy

I emailed you with the letter i got from Mercers. Hope it was ok to email it.

Comment

Hi Niddy

Thanks for your response yesterday on my post, can I ask what is the best letter is to attach to Mercers as the letter you asked me to send was because they sent me a reconstituted copy of my CCA but I also have the letter stating they do not have my CCA. Even though the one stating they cannot find my CCA says the account was opened before 1985 this is in fact incorrect as it was open in 2004ish and definitely not before 185 as I would have been well under 18.

Thanks for your continued help

A

Comment

Originally posted by AJHARPA
        Hi Niddy

Thanks for your response yesterday on my post, can I ask what is the best letter is to attach to Mercers as the letter you asked me to send was because they sent me a reconstituted copy of my CCA but I also have the letter stating they do not have my CCA. Even though the one stating they cannot find my CCA says the account was opened before 1985 this is in fact incorrect as it was open in 2004ish and definitely not before 185 as I would have been well under 18.

Thanks for your continued help

A
        Hiya, sorry for the delay.

Ok, you need to photocopy the letter that confirms no CCA and send a copy of it with this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=20195#p20195

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi niddy

I sent the response off on fri however I am concerned as the mercers letter demanded i pay by today (Monday 20th) obviously I haven't but am not sure what to expect from them now.

A

Comment

Don't worry - they always issue silly deadlines! Now you've sent the letter etc, just wait and see what they say next!

Remember because they confirm in their letter that they do not have the agreement, you need to keep it safe and if anyone hassles you about this account you send a photocopy of that letter with one of these: ---> viewtopic.php?p=20195#p20195

That should sort things for you..... It is unenforceable, they've confirmed they don't have an agreement so you're fine........

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

cheers Niddy, and have a good Christmas!

Comment

Thanks, you too

Comment

Hi niddy

Hope you all had a good Christmas. Just thought I would give an update, I have still had no written response from mercers after sending the letter but since Xmas they have stepped up the pestering calls. At one point today I had 4 in one hour. More worryingly though is they also text which stated "Do not ignore this message. One of our representatives may visit you at your home address. Call immediately 0844 2412938. Mercers Debt Collections Ltd"

Should I continue to wait for a written response?

Comment

Hiya

Sod mercers, that have no right to do anything other than irritate you. I'd change numbers, that's all. You have the letter from the lender, so mercers can go swivel.

Comment

Originally posted by AJHARPA
                      Hello my account has now been sold to mercers however I have only been told via text and now they keep calling. Should I respond to them or wait until I receive a letter?

A
                      something is not right here
                      IMHO the account has not been sold as they (mercers) are part of Barclays
                      they are their in-house DCA, aren't they?
                      when mercers will finish with you (assuming they get nothing) then calders will deal with you (another in-house DCA but using more serious threats about courts, litigation, orders, etc.)

Comment

Happy new year all!

Thanks Niddy, thats what i thought too.

I have sent you an email and the same thing via PM as i know you had issues with hotmail before. I got a reply from BC they are really clutching at straws by the looks of it

A

Comment

BC sent a recon on the 6th October, lol. So all they done was go from admitting they didn't have an agreement to creating a recon, both those letters do help you because you can prove to a judge that no original exists and therefore how can they prove the terms that were allegedly in existence at that time, when they can't even prove you had an account!

I'd ignore them, after all - it's their final, final, final response already - muppets!

Comment

Cheers niddy and it made me laugh too with their responses. Idiots!

Is it worth me raising a complaint with the FOS about the account or just leave it with BC to dig a deeper hole for themselves?

Cheers for all your hard work on this and the whole site!

A

Comment

I'd just leave it - forget the FOS, they will not get involved in UE related stuff

Comment

Hi guys
                                Sorry for not posting in a while. I offered a f&f and got rejected with my offer. I have just found out that it's now been sold to calders. Do we think this will end up going to court or when's the best time to offer and have it accepted. They know it us unenforceable which is why I'm surprised they didn't accept.
                                A

Comment

Working...
                                X