GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard Help Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard Help Please

Can I just ask why you are still paying them (even minimum/token payment) if the account is unenforceable?

Yes. You'll get phone calls, letters etc.

Have a read at my Barclaycard entry on my dairy to give you an idea of what to expect.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Niddy

I have stopped paying the Barclaycard and yes i know they will hassle me and probably sell the account and i am ready with the template you have provided. The Halifax account i am not 100% sure if it is unenforcable or not so wanted your expert opinion, also my main account is the halifax as well so wasnt sure if i should stop payments while they are my main acocunt?

Comment

You need to switch banks if you go down UE route - but don't do this for only 2 debts that are up to date cos it will ruin your credit file. Read the link I posted last time and make sure you know what you're doing and the consequences - I feel you're not really in need of UE with only 2 debts, both up to date as well.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

hi niddy,

thanks for the advice, to give you an idea, i have 4 credit cards all with high balances, a loan and an overdraft. but not all the CCA can be done for UE only these two i beleive

Comment

Hiya why only those two? Are the others post 2007?

The overdraft is cca exempt so you can't consider that...
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy

yes the others are post april 2007, one of them may not be and have sent a Subject access request off to check.

A

Comment

Hi Niddy

Just noticed this thread

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=555

And i am in a very similar situation i will send you the HBOS and the other questionable agreement i have. Apart from the high debt i havent missed any payments (except the barclaycard one now). If i could get an F&F agreement from them it would be a lot better. is there a rough number on how much realistically % wise they may accept?

A

Comment

Hiya

To get a F&F you need to be in default, pointless being up to date or they will never take a settlement, ideally let it default then let them sell it to a DCA at which point you can haggle for upto 70% off - I usually go for 80-90% write off meaning you pay 10-20% tops.....

Have a read here: ---> viewtopic.php?f=73&t=350

Comment

Hiya - Ref your email:

Amex: You say you applied online, however for that to occur they would have the tick-in-the-box copy - they never sent this so me wonders why? Until such time they do, this can be assumed UE.

:UE

HBOS: This is unenforceable as they have sent your application, not linked to the prescribed terms.

:UE

In both instances, you respond with this (print one for amex and one for hbos): ---> viewtopic.php?p=1629#p1629

Comment

Hi Niddy

thanks for looking through those agreements. On another note i have received another letter from Barclaycard saying if i dont make apayment then they will instruct Mercers Debt Collections to send me a default notice. I have the template ready that you sent at the beginning but i just wanted to know a bit more about the process. Am i likely to get them knocking at my door straight away? if they come to the door are they legally allowed to take anything etc?

A

Comment

Originally posted by AJHARPA
                        Hi Niddy

thanks for looking through those agreements. On another note i have received another letter from Barclaycard saying if i dont make apayment then they will instruct Mercers Debt Collections to send me a default notice. I have the template ready that you sent at the beginning but i just wanted to know a bit more about the process. Am i likely to get them knocking at my door straight away? if they come to the door are they legally allowed to take anything etc?

A
                        Hiya, read this: ---> viewtopic.php?f=54&t=49

No - nobody has a right to come in, if they knock at your door you tell them to get lost - simples. They have no rights and also they will not do much anyway, so long as you update us here with any correspondence then we'll be able to tell them to get lost...

In the meantime ignore barclays and when mercers write, let us know and we'll advise how to respond.

Stop worrying and read, then read some more to learn what happens etc..... the diaries here is a great starting point

Comment

Cheers Niddy

Comment

Comment

Hello my account has now been sold to mercers however I have only been told via text and now they keep calling. Should I respond to them or wait until I receive a letter?

A

Comment

Wait til you receive written confirmation...... if they are texting, try responding with the word "STOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X