GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is this the end? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this the end?

Originally posted by 5corpio
    Interesting....

Just reading further on pg 32 of the report (in Laymans terms)

its quoted as: [size=5]If you stop paying off your debt while it is unenforceable it can affect your credit record. Also, once they send you the information the debt is enforceable again and if you haven't paid you may have to pay default charges ?? a bit wishy washy report lol

And that if you paid £1.00 and NOT recieved within 12 days, its Unenforceable till you do receive the relevant correct details:
    blah, blah, blah.....

a bit wishy washy....lol....not much difference (i think someone put it as a 'Scare tatic from the Banks' - Lawyers to confuse issues more than anything) i'll carry on, with what i is doing, they ain't winning over me....Hates Banks like the old way Speak to your Bank Manager (Natwest are trying to go back to there old ways ref: tv adverts, Why get rid of it the first place Duh!!!)
    Just seen the MSE article and nearly died, thank god after coming back home (this site) it seems to have not changed things very much and the fight continues...phew

Natwest...hmm
    I went in there to get a basic bank account, explained I had bad credit etc, came out with a (I think) Gold a/c where I could get discount holidays (what's a holiday ?? ) blah blah, and it was a fee paying a/c !! anyhow phoned and changed it to a basic as soon as the details came in the post....see still after your money these banks....

Plus I have to laugh at that Lloyds advert with the nice bank manager cycling into work on his lovely little push bike ROFLMAO

Comment

The MSE article is the same old bollocks, written by the same nuggat skull that I have had numerous run-ins with. If I wasn't suspended on mse for trolling (yea, me - trolling lol) then i'd write to him and have another rant cos he doesn't know his arse from his elbow that lad (MSE Guy).....

This also reflects some use: ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11554030

Additional Link: ---> http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/credit-and ... 2&ito=1565

But point of fact remains, nothing has changed - the rumours will be widespread - don't listen to them and certainly don't waste your time going on the MSE thread about it - cos the leeches are already there spouting their richeousness.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy and Rizzle.

I've only just got around to reading this. What would we do without your hard work.

Its very much appreciated by me.

Comment

If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor:

* cannot:
          • - make the debtor pay the debt before they're supposed to
            - get a court judgment against the debtor
            - take back anything hired or bought on credit, or take anything used as security in the agreement.

* can:
          • - ask debtors to pay what they owe
            - send a default notice
            - pass information on to a credit reference agency
            - pass information on to a debt collector
            - sell the debt to someone else
            - take the case to court.
          So they can sell the debt to someone else if it's UE (seems pointless to me)...

Oh, and they are able to take the case to court, but they aren't allowed to get a court judgment against the debtor... You can lead a horse to water, but it's not allowed to drink!
          Nuff says... "Don't take yourself too seriously!"

10 loans/credit cards - 3 confirmed UE, 3 recon/copy received, 3 not received a CCA reply, 1 might be enforceable

Comment

Originally posted by enoughisenough
            So they can sell the debt to someone else if it's UE (seems pointless to me)...

Oh, and they are able to take the case to court, but they aren't allowed to get a court judgment against the debtor... You can lead a horse to water, but it's not allowed to drink!
            Its moreso that some DCA's push and make harder threats than others so they sell it on, but you just ignore anyone that buys the account!

The way they can go to court is to obtain judgement, by default, based on the recent changes - remember what we say and what a judge says are two totally different things so although yes, technically they cannot obtain judgement - if they present a strong enough case thus eliminating the s.127 problems then the judge **could** award summary judgement against you, i.e. give the scumbags a CCJ that they so desire - but we'd always fight it - so don't worry too much at this stage......

A lot will come out and we'll gauge what the overall consensus is in time, so after X-Mas i'd say we'll see a clearer regime in that lenders will either use this OFT Guidance or they will adhere to it. Either way, we'll know what their stance is and how they perceive the guidance....

Watch this space 2 2
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy and the UE gang

Has been a rough couple of days for me since I got the MSE email on Weds morning and read THAT article, I just though "Is this the end, too", and all the stresses and worry started to build up again.

Then Mr Postman kindly delivers a letter about an UE debt this morning and I start to work out how long it will take to save up for the bankruptcy fee ! .........Surely Niddy is out there, somewhere ??

Thank you google for finding this forum, I just asked "where is niddy" and found you here, simples

Will now calm down after reading this thread, and get the scanner out, oh and maybe even start a diary on here so that you can all see my story.

Will be posting soon

MK
              One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
              Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

LOL @ "where is niddy"

He can run, but he can't hide eh! Welcome mk, pull up a chair, and take a look round. You find loads of useful info around.

Do start a diary; take a look at some that are on here already for inspiration as to where to start - specifically about the layout (one post for each debt etc, and where you've got to with each).

Join in with the chat on various threads if ya fancy; we're a nice bunch over here. Great that you found us.
                If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Hello stranger! You had my email lol - you could have mailed me......

Get yourself a diary sorted then we'll get you back on track.....

Comment

[quote="diddlydee"]LOL @ "where is niddy"

Even easier would have been to go back to the 'old' site, click on Niddy's contact info to see this as his home page, duh !!!

Only found that out this afternoon whilst going through all old my posts to find the day that Niddy said
                    :UE :UE :UE to my nearly £35K of credit card debt.

Thanks for the welcome, got so much catching up to do, got to read how mouseann got on with her mammoth debt !
                    One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                    Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Originally posted by mk_chatham
                      Even easier would have been to go back to the 'old' site, click on Niddy's contact info to see this as his home page, duh !!! Only found that out this afternoon whilst going through all old my posts to find the day that Niddy said :UE :UE :UE to my nearly £35K of credit card debt.

Thanks for the welcome, got so much catching up to do, got to read how mouseann got on with her mammoth debt !
                      Hiya! Mouseann is fine, she is called Phoenix on here - she's almost finished the process, she just files letters 99% of the time now.....

have a read around, you'll see a lot has happened

Comment

Many thanks for the info, clarifications and putting our minds at rest on here Niddy and Co. Always good to read some reassuring words.

I'm still waiting for the postman to bring me some gifts and I guess this may entice one or two to give things a try!!! Bring it on is all I can say ;-y
                        Many thanks,

Dave

Help and guidance always appreciated and never taken for granted.

Comment

No probs, main advice here is not to worry! y

Comment

Working...
                          X