GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is this the end? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this the end?

My postie has been having an easy time of it lately, I too expect that we'll all be getting a new barrage of letters while the DCAs try to use this guidance to scare people. ;EEK
    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

New Template is here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=20195#p20195

* Thanks to Rizzle for some technical words......
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

great letter Niddy and I suspect it will be well used.

call me old fashioned but I kind of expect my financial institutions to be honest and truthful (I know you're all pissing yourselves cos Dopey is a bit simple), but think about it if the banks can't be relied on to tell the truth, where does that actually leave us?

Comment

A bank is one place you associate with dishonesty in all fairness. Since they scrapped the brain for a computer i've never trusted them, they forget man programs computers! I much preferred the old system where you went in and spoke to your manager who then granted/declined credit - it was 100% their say so!

Now it seems when a PC says no, it means no!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Banks are there to make money. They are in the money business. Plain and simple.

Honestly, integrity, customer service, and abiding by the law are only concepts they adhere to if that will make them the most cash. They will disregard them if they think they can get away with it.

They will play the system for all it is worth. But they hate you if you try to turn the tables.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well maybe if certain banks stopped worrying about their vested interest in Football clubs and put more effort towards their customer service they wouldn't be in this situation

Comment

LOL, typical for you to say that - cheap dig at Liverpool anyone....?

Not like us blue noses that bank with the HBOS! *insert eeeek smiley here* LOL

Comment

haha you mean lloyds, its almost put me off supporting them you know?

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br
                    haha you mean lloyds, its almost put me off supporting them you know?
                    ;EEK ;EEK ;EEK

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work with this, Niddy and Rizzle.

My post has always been very quiet over the last week - will be interested to see what emerges from the woodwork now!
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle
                        Banks are there to make money. They are in the money business. Plain and simple.

Honestly, integrity, customer service, and abiding by the law are only concepts they adhere to if that will make them the most cash. They will disregard them if they think they can get away with it.

They will play the system for all it is worth. But they hate you if you try to turn the tables.
                        I've got to say I agree with you 100% there rizzle - 1 law for the banks and another law for the customers - and heaven help you if you try to play them at their own game!!

I'd just like to second what phoenix has said - Thank you Niddy and rizzle for all your hard work on this. ;K7
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

And we are all going to continue with the fight (with the banks and DCAs) aren't we, Pixie?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                            And we are all going to continue with the fight (with the banks and DCAs) aren't we, Pixie?
                            I'm certainly not giving up the fight!! Especially as Lloyds dared to phone me in the middle of Strictly last night!!
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Interesting....

Just reading further on pg 32 of the report (in Laymans terms)

its quoted as: [size=5]If you stop paying off your debt while it is unenforceable it can affect your credit record. Also, once they send you the information the debt is enforceable again and if you haven't paid you may have to pay default charges ?? a bit wishy washy report lol

And that if you paid £1.00 and NOT recieved within 12 days, its Unenforceable till you do receive the relevant correct details:
                              blah, blah, blah.....

a bit wishy washy....lol....not much difference (i think someone put it as a 'Scare tatic from the Banks' - Lawyers to confuse issues more than anything) i'll carry on, with what i is doing, they ain't winning over me....Hates Banks like the old way Speak to your Bank Manager (Natwest are trying to go back to there old ways ref: tv adverts, Why get rid of it the first place Duh!!!)

Comment

Oh Pixie - in the middle of Strictly - how dare they???? Hope you aren't speaking to them anyway!

Agree with your strategy, 5corpio - just wait and see! And as for talking to your bank manager - think there are a few who like to talk to me! k

Comment

Working...
                                X