GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welcome ppi - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome ppi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome ppi

Originally posted by billypre View Post
    Just a wee update. Received FOS letter today again saying they are still looking into legalities of whether Pinnacle can be held accountable etc and they will notify me when they have more info :/
    Hi Billy

Thanks for your update. Hopefully good news to come soon then, yay, fingers crossed.

Comment

Got my fingers crossed too Billy
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Has any underwriters ever been claimed against successfully ?
        I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Has any underwriters ever been claimed against successfully ?

Billy I am sure I can recall success via underwriters - MSE some time ago.

Comment

Another update from FOS. They have contacted underwriters who have obviously denied and raised claims of their responsibility when a 3rd party is involved. FOS are therefore still looking into the legalities of wheter they can be held accountable and if there is a legal link between the underwriters and 3rd party sales. Next update due before 31st August.

Still ongoing :/
            I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Another update from FOS. They have contacted underwriters who have obviously denied and raised claims of their responsibility when a 3rd party is involved. FOS are therefore still looking into the legalities of wheter they can be held accountable and if there is a legal link between the underwriters and 3rd party sales. Next update due before 31st August.

Still ongoing :/

Hi Billy

Thanks for the update, I was only wondering about this one the other day too.
              Hold in there now (I know you have for sometime already), but that is usually normal in them not admitting any responsibility, but at the end of the day if the FOS didn't think there was any hope, they should not keep you hanging on all the time.
              In my view, the underwriters/insurers check the policies and they want them sold by the lenders, they are bound to have a liability in this, so hopefully it will be resolved very soon.

Keeping it all crossed for you. x

Comment

UPDATE TODAY

Letter from FOS

We are pleased to confirm that the underwriter has now agreed to accept responsibility !!!!

We will now look at the evidence and see if the policy was mis-sold. We are very conscious of the time taken etc and the delay has been due to complicated legal issues.

We will investigate complaints in the order they were received so there may be a small further delay etc etc

WOOHOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

To be honest i never thought in a million years they would make the underwriters responsible and it was more of a tentative claim but i am well chuffed now.

Hopefully this also bodes well for my other claim which is also going through underwriters and also for anyone else out there who has a claim against an underwriter.

Comment

YES!! Excellent!
                  It does happen then (against the underwriters).

A BIG Congratulations!

Comment

UPDATE TODAY

Letter from FOS

We are pleased to confirm that the underwriter has now agreed to accept responsibility !!!!

We will now look at the evidence and see if the policy was mis-sold. We are very conscious of the time taken etc and the delay has been due to complicated legal issues.

We will investigate complaints in the order they were received so there may be a small further delay etc etc

WOOHOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

To be honest i never thought in a million years they would make the underwriters responsible and it was more of a tentative claim but i am well chuffed now.

Hopefully this also bodes well for my other claim which is also going through underwriters and also for anyone else out there who has a claim against an underwriter.
                    Well done Billy!

Respect to you for hanging in there.

I have one with the FOS re pinnacle - so there is hope for me yet.

In my case pinnacle were the underwritters on some Lombard finnance.

The FOS are still looking into it......and have been since 2010

Well done again!

Matty

Comment

Well done from me too Billy

Comment

Dear Mr *****

We’ve tried to contact you regarding your payment protection insurance mis sale complaint which you registered with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Unfortunately the address we hold for you appears to be now incorrect, therefore please can you confirm your current address. We have calculated your redress amount and need to arrange for the cheque to be sent to you.

I look forwards to hearing from you shortly.

Not bad and should go toward a holiday fund This is the smaller of my 2 claims against underwriters and only just worth 3 figures compared to my other complaint which should be 4 figures.

Every little helps and another victory for the little man in the street Thanks for all the support from everyone on this thread.

Comment

Excellent Billy

Comment

Here's to your holiday Billy, well done

Comment

Phoned them today and nice lady told me amount of redress and that she is sending payment and breakdown in post today so should receive it in next few days...... maybe even tomorrow !

Holiday in 5 weeks so this will pay for treating the kids while we are their (Disneyland paris) that we wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise.

Very happy and redress is more than double what I was expecting at the outset. Very happy.

So......... underwriters CAN be held accountable and DO pay out on ppi mis-selling. Good luck to all who have cases against the underwriters and know there is hope for us all, including myself !

Comment

Phoned them today and nice lady told me amount of redress and that she is sending payment and breakdown in post today so should receive it in next few days...... maybe even tomorrow !

Holiday in 5 weeks so this will pay for treating the kids while we are their (Disneyland paris) that we wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise.

Very happy and redress is more than double what I was expecting at the outset. Very happy.

So......... underwriters CAN be held accountable and DO pay out on ppi mis-selling. Good luck to all who have cases against the underwriters and know there is hope for us all, including myself !

That is so fab Billy, I'm ever so chuffed for you!

And yes I agree, that underwriters do have a part of the mis selling liabilities, and if worded correctly when you complain, it should be a success. I was very surprised after I wrote to my underwriter on how quickly they came back to me with an agreement to pay out!

Comment

Working...
                                X