GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI claim for Settled Loans - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI claim for Settled Loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI claim for Settled Loans

so i just adjust the template letter and fire that off to them once i get my SAR back with all the details such as account numbers and such, all those words just started to jumble together when i was reading it, my concentration isn't so great

Comment

don't worry - do the SAR and let us know. Then we'll guide you then.... you'll be fine.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya

Once you received your SAR we can go from there, although there is no harm in getting prepared.

If you have enough info you can continue, you don't actually require the amounts to put into the complaint, but we here basically wait for info to come back from the SAR first in case there is anything more to add to the complaint.

And yes, tweak to your own requirements etc....

Comment

SAR sent today (4/5/13) approx 12:20, recorded delivery, kept both receipts for tracking and postal order

now its just the waiting game

Comment

Fingers crossed!

Comment

UPDATE (finally)

received letter today from SAR TEAM, ground floor, business house B, po box 1000, Edinburgh, EH12 1HQ (please see attached files)

they ask for the £10 postal order, i sent the damn thing with the SAR request(and the cheeky sods sent it back with 2 staples in it so ive made a profit of 2 staples).... how should i proceed now?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by thelongjourney; 22 May 2013, 14:01.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Reading the letter 3 things jump out

1) Was the PO made out to Nat Pest. If so they are barking so have no idea what they are on about unless it dovetails into point 3

2) Signature. Usual guff from Nat Pest. TBH not sure how people eventually get round this but I use the anti tamper strip for anything and everything to do with banks now. Not that I am paranoid or anything

3) Seem to be asking if you want SAR max or SAR mini. If you want SAR max which is actually what Niddys letter was asking for at the start then they want the PO back with the tenner. Think you get to keep the staples.
                  If you are just after PPI you can have SAR mini where the bank will wave the tenner and give you all they want you to see but probably nothing that is damming to them.

So really up to you how you want to play this. I always went for a full SAR. Never been disappointed as each one revealed something I bet the bank wish we didnt know.

But some people prefer to save the tenner and get the slimline SAR.

Whatever you do its a letter back to them.

Comment

ok, i'll write a response asking for a full SAR then, and i'll send the PO (yet again) to the address

Comment

Good luck.

After my trials of PPI reclaiming patience is defo a virtue and all these tricks are so common its almost as if they are put in place to get people to give up.

We started claiming last summer on 5 accounts. 4 coughed one just has done my head in. But still after them. Of the four that coughed 2 have incorrectly calculated. Both now with FOS. Of the two that paid one had to get a FOS spank before they admitted they lied. Of the one that paid before FOS I had to write to the CEO to get a SAR.

Of the one that paid out on one letter subsequent checking has revealed they are trying to shortchange us by 50% and is in the two that have incorrectly calculated.

So in my little survey of the banks they have all tried to con me. So much for trying to regain the publics trust.

Comment

I concur completely with what Ken is saying.

I also have much experience with ppi and bank charges reclaiming and have also suffered all of the nonsense that Ken describes.

They are all quite simply lying cheating bastards ....not one of them can or will play with a straight bat.

Dont give in and good luck.

Matty
                        Last edited by MattyA; 30 May 2013, 05:42.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                          So in my little survey of the banks they have all tried to con me.
                          I got the same result from my survey

I reckon a lot of the time the banks are stalling with PPI payouts to delay parting with the money which depletes their capital reserves. If it goes to the FOS for a Decision they've got up to a year's grace before coughing up.

When they get low on funds they help themselves to mine. NatWest's new £6 per month penalty charge for being inside your agreed overdraft limit kicks in from July. They'll be using my money to pay back other people's PPI. I suppose that's not a bad thing.

Comment

yet again another letter from crapwest, they still want my signature, do i just sign it and send it, but put a line through the signature?

Comment

Originally posted by thelongjourney View Post
                              yet again another letter from crapwest, they still want my signature, do i just sign it and send it, but put a line through the signature?
                              Nope - what info are you requesting? i.e. why are they asking for a signature....?

If it is for a SAR then send this --> Signature Request by Creditor - allaboutDEBT UK
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

a full SAR request, they just keep on asking for my signature even though ive stated if they can send mail and statements to the address then they shouldn't really need my signature

Comment

Working...
                                X