GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script LTSB - dead end? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LTSB - dead end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LTSB - dead end?

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Hi Di,

I have been on to LTSB on the business number and I am even more confused now, they have my old business account number down as a personal account? The other place had it down as a loan account but either way no department has any record of any loans.

I have no idea where to go with this one now - any ideas?

Thanks

Hi

That is strange, wonder where they got the details from, thinking it was a personal account and not that of a business one?

Did you actually write to that business loan address as well?
    They will be separate to that of the bank, even if it was arranged by your local branch, the business bank should be the ones holding details of business loans?

Let me know, cheers hon x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Hi

That is strange, wonder where they got the details from, thinking it was a personal account and not that of a business one?

Did you actually write to that business loan address as well?
      They will be separate to that of the bank, even if it was arranged by your local branch, the business bank should be the ones holding details of business loans?

Let me know, cheers hon x
      Thanks Di, so you reckon a SAR to the business address then?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Di, so you reckon a SAR to the business address then?

Thanks

It may be a good idea to do that, and if they're unable to provide anything, they must return your payment with an explanation of why they not able to.

You could try giving them a ring direct at first if you want to x

Comment

..........or at first request for a copy of the Business loan agreement, for £1 cheque or postal order, see what they come back with.

As this is the cheapest option, you could ask in the letter if they hold further information of your account, and able to provide you with the data to let you know. (In order to send the sufficient payment of £10 cheque or postal order for this request) if required, some will send data free of charge or so much of it.

So it's up to you if you want to just go for the CCA option request first and add those details of further info on that actual letter as well, if they require further payment for sending more info, ask that they write to let you now for ASAP.

The CCA should only take about 12 to 14 days. x

Comment

Any probs on not being sure on who you should write to request the details/data, if you ring the business number below, they should be able to confirm, they should not question you, but if they do just say you may require these details for HMRC reasons, they should not ask anything more.

Comment

Hi Di,
              I rang the business number today before I posted, I was on the phone for half an hour and he said that he could not find anything apart from it showing as an old personal account, no loans or any other details associated with it, in fact no details at all apart from my personal details. I told him when the loans were (approx) and how much they were for, I managed to do this from what had been purchased for the business at the time, I was in transport and brought three trucks with the three loans, I did ask if a SAR would be able to provide me with more information but he was unsure, he just said he had searched for me and couldn't find anything further. He did check my account security with me also to make sure it was me.

I just wondered whether a SAR would get them looking any more than they already have? It may be worth if for a tenner and like you say if they can't find anything I get my money back.

If it helps anyone else the business bank address for LloydsTSB is:

Lloyds TSB Business Banking
              PO Box 1000
              BX1 1LT

Tel: 0800 022 4376

Thanks

Comment

Hi Di,
                I rang the business number today before I posted, I was on the phone for half an hour and he said that he could not find anything apart from it showing as an old personal account, no loans or any other details associated with it, in fact no details at all apart from my personal details. I told him when the loans were (approx) and how much they were for, I managed to do this from what had been purchased for the business at the time, I was in transport and brought three trucks with the three loans, I did ask if a SAR would be able to provide me with more information but he was unsure, he just said he had searched for me and couldn't find anything further. He did check my account security with me also to make sure it was me.

I just wondered whether a SAR would get them looking any more than they already have? It may be worth if for a tenner and like you say if they can't find anything I get my money back.

If it helps anyone else the business bank address for LloydsTSB is:

Lloyds TSB Business Banking
                PO Box 1000
                BX1 1LT

Tel: 0800 022 4376

Thanks

Hiya

Yes, you can do, and as said earlier, if they are unable to, they should return your payment.

To save me scrolling back (my puter slow today and keeps freezing lol), have you tried making a reclaim on these anyway, please remind me?
                Thank you x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  Hiya
                  Yes, you can do, and as said earlier, if they are unable to, they should return your payment.
                  To save me scrolling back (my puter slow today and keeps freezing lol), have you tried making a reclaim on these anyway, please remind me?
                  Thank you x
                  Yes I did, they sent me the records from the new business account (just account number changed) but when I phone the DSAR unit in Andover she said she would look for the ones I wanted but could not find anything either, they had that account number (the old one) as an old loan account only, that was why I contacted the business unit direct.

Comment

Yes I did, they sent me the records from the new business account (just account number changed) but when I phone the DSAR unit in Andover she said she would look for the ones I wanted but could not find anything either, they had that account number (the old one) as an old loan account only, that was why I contacted the business unit direct.

Right ok, soz I could not remember lol.

Well if you want to send for a SAR, you can do so, any problems and you feel your not going anywhere with this, maybe it will be the case of having the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) to investigate this, where they will try to get hold of all the details.

I can always remember when I first started on the reclaiming a few years back, I was having trouble with the data side of it, yet when the FOS dealt with it and resolved it, they received paperwork from the business.
                    They will try pushing it more for the paperwork, if this fails now.

Lol you know me, I never give up, no matter what it takes lol. x

Comment

Thanks Di, SAR tomorrow to the business unit then.

That's lush!

Comment

I have an update to this one now.

Quick recap:

This was an old LTSB business account from about 1986 - 2002 when LTSB changed all the account numbers, I am trying to get all or any details I can on this account, the only thing I have is a cheque book stub from this account.

LTSB said this was an old loan account, I have disputed this by phone and letter and an email to the CEO.

All information coming back from LTSB says there is no record of this account, I had 3 loans with PPI for 28k while this account was running.

Letter back from LTSB now.

"Apologies for the delay etc etc, we are unable to locate this account, we are sure it was an old loan account and therefore do not have any more information to pass to me", the letter also included a cheque for ten quid to repay my SAR and they have paid £50 into my personal account (I still have a personal account with them) because of the delay in responding to me, no mention about buggering off or leaving us alone now.

I have not finished with them on this because while sorting out some old papers yesterday I found that they had re-paid me over a grand in bank charges when we could still get them before the court case, I will have to go back through these papers now and see what else I have because I can't see that money coming back if it was just on a loan account.

Onward!!!

Comment

I have an update to this one now.

Quick recap:

This was an old LTSB business account from about 1986 - 2002 when LTSB changed all the account numbers, I am trying to get all or any details I can on this account, the only thing I have is a cheque book stub from this account.

LTSB said this was an old loan account, I have disputed this by phone and letter and an email to the CEO.

All information coming back from LTSB says there is no record of this account, I had 3 loans with PPI for 28k while this account was running.

Letter back from LTSB now.

"Apologies for the delay etc etc, we are unable to locate this account, we are sure it was an old loan account and therefore do not have any more information to pass to me", the letter also included a cheque for ten quid to repay my SAR and they have paid £50 into my personal account (I still have a personal account with them) because of the delay in responding to me, no mention about buggering off or leaving us alone now.

I have not finished with them on this because while sorting out some old papers yesterday I found that they had re-paid me over a grand in bank charges when we could still get them before the court case, I will have to go back through these papers now and see what else I have because I can't see that money coming back if it was just on a loan account.

Onward!!!

That's the way Vossy!

They told my bro in law the same, and although some months down the line, they eventually found details of the very old account.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Thanks Di, as I say I was lucky enough to get a reclaim on charges so there should be something in there I can attack them with, will keep you informed as usual.

Comment

I have managed to unearth 4 books of cheque stubs with the account number on them (the one they say was an old loan account), each book has 60 cheques (240 stubs in all) and half as big again as a personal account cheques. I don't think these were issued with loan accounts now were they?

Comment

Update to this one at last.

Quick recap, LTSB said they had no details for old accounts I had, after lots of letters and phone calls I eventually ended up going to the ICO.

Letter today saying that they had fully investigated and as far as they were concerned LTSB had complied as far as they could and the case was now closed.

Oh well some you win ......

Comment

Working...
                                X