GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JJB Storecard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJB Storecard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JJB Storecard

PPI COMPLAINTS:
    If you have a complaint about the sale of PPI, please read the information below carefully.

The FLA will be UNABLE TO CONSIDER your complaint in the following circumstances:
    • You have received a letter from the company to which you made a complaint which states that your complaint is outside the time limits. This is usually indicated by use of the words “Time Barred under the Limitations Act 1980”. This means the company believes that your complaint has been made outside of the time period the law allows for you to bring a complaint of this type.
    • The company to which you have complained has confirmed that while it provided the finance for your loan, another company sold the PPI policy to you. For example, a broker, a car dealer or a window company representative. As this other company is not a member of the FLA, we cannot consider the complaint.
    • You have NO NEW INFORMATION to support your complaint.
    The FLA WILL CONSIDER cases in the following circumstances:
    • You have NEW INFORMATION to support your complaint which has not been seen previously by the company to which you made your complaint. For example, evidence that you were unemployed or otherwise ineligible for the policy.
    • You were unemployed when the policy was sold to you. You will be asked to provide information to show that you were unemployed at the time (e.g. your National Insurance Contributions (NICs) for the year the policy was taken out). HOWEVER, if you have been advised that your policy may have been transferrable to your spouse or partner, and they were unemployed at the time the policy was sold, you will need to provide information about your spouse/partner’s NlCs.
    WHAT YOU CAN DO NEXT:
    As we are unable to deal with your complaint, you may want to consider taking legal advice on any alternative options available to you.

One has to ask what is the point in making a complaint to the FLA when the above is in their complaints process. The red highlighted text shoots down any point in writing to them.

Comment

I definately agree to complain to the FOS, and if you want to give the FLA a go too of course.

That's right Ken, the policy was worthless and it's down to someone at the end of the day. And as you know the FOS will be looking down the insurer/underwriter avenue, because they generally suggest this avenue, knowing there are links and liabilities in it somewhere along the line.

Comment

Cheers. Complaint put together and will be off to FOS tomorrow.

Comment

Well I never.

Letter in post from FOS today.

Confirms Creation is off the hook as they were not regulated at the time of the mis deed so that makes it all ok. (shocking I think that unregulated companies were allowed to ply their trade back then but there you go nice industry we have to deal with)

But the good news is St Andrews will now talk about being naughty as they were regulated back then so do bear some responsibility and indeed one has to believe they didnt offer an insurance policy for no money. So they were enriched by something we believe was missold.

So although we have no uphold yet we now do have a target. One which last year said it was not them.

Back into the vault tho now so suspect another year to go.

Comment

Well FOS have retrieved my claim from the vault and I now have an adjudicator dealing.

On first look they seem to think the ticks in another hand are not what we should be chasing but the temp employment plus the quite clearly stated fact OH's employment was only 4 months old when taken out and the policy clearly states it should be at least 6 months is the strongest hand to play.

The way they have explained it clearly shows it was a miss sale as it was worthless on inception. The insurance company even though they were not there at the point of sale should not have accepted the policy when the client was illegible.

St Andrews Insurance is the target. Confirmed by FOS as under their rules back then. So we have a target and one that is under FOS

Not seen one positive JJB claim from this time on the net. Indeed positive Creation cards pre 2005 are pretty rare. So this will be interesting to see St Andrews response to FOS contact.

Will update as we proceed.

Comment

Letter from FOS.

They uphold the complaint and St Andrews are going to calculate and make an offer. They should be in contact within 8 weeks.

Blimey. Just goes to show even a dead duck can be worth chasing. (Unless its in Yorkshire then its probably worth running away from)

On this occasion got to give it to FOS, for besides the delay (nearly 2 years) they have really guided and done the leg work on this.

Ever so glad I listened to the MSE bank apologists who said its a pre 2005 store card so no compensation there.

Comment

Excellent!!! Well done!!!! Yes success can still happen via underwriter route, I was shocked when i wrote to one of mine last year and first time round with them was successful! Great news!! and all in good time for xmas!!

Comment

Thanks Di for the encouragement and letter at the right time. Another success thanks to you

Comment

Your welcome and credit to you too for all your hard work!

Comment

Working...
                    X