GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Card Payment Protection - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Card Payment Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Card Payment Protection

Originally posted by chrissyw28 View Post
    Thanks Ken, I only have one statement from 2001 that shows the card protection (didn't receive any previous statements).

I know it would be 'peanuts', but as Mr Tesco says.. every little helps

I will devise a letter, asking for a refund, and enclose a copy of that statement, and see what happens.
    I have received a response to this, from CPP? (didn't think they would contact me as pre-2005).

It says -

"You contacted Barclaycard to complain about the way your card protection policy was sold to you. They have forwarded your details to our office to allow us to investigate this matter.
    We have been unable to locate your policy in our records. This is either because you did not have a policy with CPP, or your policy was part of a packaged bank account. This means you are not able to claim compensation as part of the scheme.
    However, if your policy was not part of a packaged bank account, and you can provide documentary evidence to show you had a policy, we will check our records again. Suitable evidence would be a relevant policy schedule or some other document which shows a policy number."

I only have the one Barclaycard statement showing 'Card protection' (as in post #26). I don't have any policy number.

What now.. should I send CPP this Barclaycard statement and hope that's enough?

Comment

Your statement proves CPP, so email them a copy of this, I take it you did not send this copy when you first put in the complaint then? If not then there is no harm in doing this now, give it a go x

Comment

Thanks Di, I did enclose a copy of this statement when I combined to Barclaycard, so it looks like they lost that..

Do you know an email address for CPP? there is not one in the letter.

Comment

Hi hun

I found this here.......
          http://www.barclays.co.uk/ImportantI...P1242648135175

Info and an address is shown on the link x

Comment

Thanks, I can't see an email address, so will have to post it.

Comment

just update, got my cheque today, £303.70. Lovely Jubbly
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great news SXGuy!

I think they have forgotten about me..

Comment

Well done SXGuy! great news!

Chase it up Chrissy, CEO if you wish as well.

Comment

Hi to all here,

I'm not sure if this will interest you, but I have started a CPP thread here, which is still a work-in-progress:-

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...Being-Scammed-!!!

I'm just posting the link on any CPP threads I see in AAD, as I think it is worth ALL CPP claimants checking out.

Apologies for the hi-jack.

Bill.

Comment

Working...
                    X