GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax PPI offer - is it correct? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax PPI offer - is it correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax PPI offer - is it correct?

Thats a shame as I have a Halifax claim where I now know they calculated incorrectly. But I have all my statements. Think what I was trying to say was dont trust their calculations when you get the redress. But you can only really check if you have the information to start with.

But looks like in your case it would be if you are able to extract anything else out of them. Presume they are saying 6 years worth and because the account is closed/paid off that is all they have to keep?

Halifax have been particularly mean to OH so they have a particular dislike from me.

Comment

I don't have a doubt we are being shafted by them.

The seven statements we do have that show PPI charges total £663.45 so what was charged in the preceding three years I cannot imagine. Without the statements we just have to take whatever we can get.

Comment

I dont know if Di or Bill could offer any further advice if they are about? Will bump this for you

Comment

Right, complaint letter gone to Halifax today. Fourteen days to reply or off we go again to the FOS.
          At least interest is still ticking-up at about £19 a month.

Comment

Wrong thread
            Last edited by Turboman; 15 April 2014, 21:45. Reason: wrong thread
            My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheyMeanMe View Post
              Right, complaint letter gone to Halifax today. Fourteen days to reply or off we go again to the FOS.
              At least interest is still ticking-up at about £19 a month.
              10-01-14 Received a FOS letter saying BoS should be in touch within eight weeks from the date of their letter (this will be 07-03-14).
              13-03-14 Sent a letter to Halifax requiring payment within 14 days or another FOS complaint will be made.
              02-04-14 Sent a letter to FOS re: no contact from Halifax.
              13-05-14 Sent a follow-up letter to the FOS as no reply received.
              22-05-14 Received a FOS letter confirming receipt of my letter of 13-05-14.

And so it drags on and on and on.

Just an update. This is taking so long even I am starting to forget what is going on.

Comment

I received an email from the FOS yesterday.

"We contacted the business and it responded that it has already issued your redress of £2,787.20 via cheque and this was cashed on 22 April 2013.
                "I am aware that this is the original original offer which you have disputed as the 8% was not calculated up until the date of settlement. As such, I have contacted the business to enquire why the 8% was not calculated up to the date of settlement and have asked that it confirms that it is willing to do so.
                As soon as I receive clarification and confirmation of the above, I will contact you with a more thorough update"

Do they even read their own notes before they do these things? "asked that it confirms that it is willing to do so". HBOS have already agreed to pay the simple interest at 8% up to the date of settlement. They agreed this back in November when the FOS told me they had. We sent back the acceptance form to them. FOS are now asking HBOS the same question again - will they add the 8% interest?

Could the FOS not just write to HBOS and say, "Do what you told us you were going to do. Settle this claim"?

It is fifteen months since we won the claim and six months since they promised to pay-up the shortfall within eight weeks.

Do I sound exasperated? I wonder why.

DTMM

Comment

My gosh!! I doesnt sound like they do read their notes!
                  Have you another adjudicator on the case?

I am actually on my 3rd one as the other 2 left, its been coming up 2 years and that is with fast track due to my health condition.

I would get on to them and ask why are they dealing with the same question again....

Comment

Just an update, although there is little to report:

Since my last post...

02-04-14 Letter to FOS re: no contact from Halifax.

13-05-14 Follow-up letter to the FOS as no reply received.

22-05-14 FOS letter confirming receipt of my letter of 13-05-14.

01-06-14 FOS email. They have contacted HBOS to determine why the 8% interest was not paid. (Note: They agreed to pay this in Nov 2013 and we accepted this in a reply to the FOS).

02-06-13 Email to FOS explaining that HBOS have already agreed to pay me interest at 8%.

26-08-14 Follow-up letter sent to FOS.

02-09-14 FOS letter confirming they have received my letter of 02-09-14.

22-10-14 Complaint letter to Halifax requiring payment of £2000+ and reminding them they have told the FOS they will pay me.

So here we are, still in the same position as over a year ago. FOS are doing nothing and Halifax are still ignoring me.
                    In the meantime, Halifax are hanging on to over £2000 of our money..

Comment

Quick summary

It is now over two and a half years since HBOS admitted the PPI had been mis-sold and almost two years since the FOS ruled HBOS had underpaid the redress compensation by about £1600.
                      Various letters have gone to HBOS (including to the CEO) without even the courtesy of a reply.
                      A letter sent to the FOS about a year ago was acknowledged but nothing more was done.

Update

03-09-15 I sent a formal complaint to the FOS.
                      11-03-15 A FOS Adjudicator telephoned and apologised that our previous letter had not been correctly dealt with. The case should have been re-opened but it was not.
                      He told us that the FOS have been chasing BOS over incorrect PPI redress calculations.
                      They have written to BOS asking them to pay the outstanding interest (8%) from 2006 to payment date.
                      The FOS have also asked BOS to make an additional payment for 'lateness and distress'.
                      Our complaint has been escalated to a higher level at BOS and within the FOS.

By my calculations, BOS now owe us about £2400 (less, no doubt 20% income tax).

This is the third time FOS have 'asked' them to pay us.

I would like to think that this time it will work.

DTMM

Comment

Working...
                      X