GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax PPI offer - is it correct? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax PPI offer - is it correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax PPI offer - is it correct?

Lloyds Banking Group (Lloyds TSB, Halifax, Bank of Scotland (HBOS), Blair Oliver and Scott, Scottish Widows, Birmingham Midshires, Clerical Medical)

Note:-

Antonio Osorio, Chief Executive: -
    ( Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN .
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 3 April 2013, 12:23.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      Lloyds Banking Group (Lloyds TSB, Halifax, Bank of Scotland (HBOS), Blair Oliver and Scott, Scottish Widows, Birmingham Midshires, Clerical Medical)Note:-

Antonio Osorio, Chief Executive: -
      ( Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN .
      Well done TC, quick as ever, thanks mate.

Comment

Email address to CEO.....

antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com

And if you want to copy email to complaints, you can do this through customer service........

Customer.Care.Insurance@lloydsTsb.co.uk

Please let us know how you get on, cheers and the best of luck.

Comment

Attached is a copy of my letter to the CEO at LBG.

Any suggestions, alterations or comments are welcome.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Do They Mean Me? View Post
            Attached is a copy of my letter to the CEO at LBG.

Any suggestions, alterations or comments are welcome.

Head it "PRIVATE & PERSONAL" stops others answering, if others do complain and state you will not accept their letter only the CEOs?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

[QUOTE=Do They Mean Me?;290798]

Halifax Credit Card
              Balance at default approximately £13,000
              Commenced 2003
              Defaulted 2006
              Sold to Cabot
              F&F agreed and paid to Cabot in 2012 = £3300.

02-10-10 PPI claim made
              13-11-12 Claim refused
              15-11-12 Further info sent
              12-12-12 Follow-up to previous letter
              25-01-13 Complaint letter

05-02-13 SAR sent
              06-02-13 PPI claim upheld offering £2787.20
              08-02-13 Request for more info re SAR
              12-02-13 PPI refund cheque received for £2787.20 (not cashed)
              16-02-13 Additional SAR info sent
              16-02-13 Request for breakdown of refund offer sent
              27-02-12 Letter saying breakdown of refund offer to follow.
              03-04-13 Complaint sent to CEO of LBG re: failure to provide SAR info and failure to provide PPI offer breakdown

UPDATE

Letter received today saying re: SAR, saying, "I have received your £10 fee and have started requesting information..."
              So, it is 68 days after they receive the SAR and they are only now starting to request the relevant information.

Still no sign of the PPI offer breakdown figures. I wonder when they will start to request the information for that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Do They Mean Me?;306153]
                Originally posted by Do They Mean Me? View Post

Halifax Credit Card
                Balance at default approximately £13,000
                Commenced 2003
                Defaulted 2006
                Sold to Cabot
                F&F agreed and paid to Cabot in 2012 = £3300.

02-10-10 PPI claim made
                13-11-12 Claim refused
                15-11-12 Further info sent
                12-12-12 Follow-up to previous letter
                25-01-13 Complaint letter

05-02-13 SAR sent
                06-02-13 PPI claim upheld offering £2787.20
                08-02-13 Request for more info re SAR
                12-02-13 PPI refund cheque received for £2787.20 (not cashed)
                16-02-13 Additional SAR info sent
                16-02-13 Request for breakdown of refund offer sent
                27-02-12 Letter saying breakdown of refund offer to follow.
                03-04-13 Complaint sent to CEO of LBG re: failure to provide SAR info and failure to provide PPI offer breakdown

UPDATE

Letter received today saying re: SAR, saying, "I have received your £10 fee and have started requesting information..."
                So, it is 68 days after they receive the SAR and they are only now starting to request the relevant information.

Still no sign of the PPI offer breakdown figures. I wonder when they will start to request the information for that.

If after 40 days no SAR from request, off to ICO and complaint to be made.

Comment

And yet another letter (postman forgot to deliver it so it came late).

It contains a replacement cheque for the previous one which was made out to Mrs instead of Miss. Still for the same amount though - £2787.20. If they carry-on like this I will need to get a ring-binder just for their cheques.
                  Last edited by DoTheyMeanMe; 12 April 2013, 13:50.

Comment

These devious bar-stewards are either playing games or are even more incompetent than I gave them credit for.

My letter of 16th February clearly said:

To enable me to determine if your offer is acceptable, I request that you provide me with the following additional information:
                    1. A detailed breakdown of how you have arrived at your final offer figure.
                    2. Why you have offered 8% interest only up to 9th August 2006 rather than to the date you make payment.

They have (eventually) replied with:
                    We have reviewed our calculations and found the amount of redress as detailed in our letter of 6th February 2013 to be correct. I can confirm that statutory interest of £30.80 was included in this payment and is detailed in the letter as "Interest at 8%".

I suppose I could take this to the FOS but I have little confidence in them even understanding what the problem is, let alone finding in mya fgavour
                    So I suppose another round of 'Me writing them letters and them ignoring them' begins again.

The letter is attached in its entirety.

This is really starting to frustrate me now so advice on how to actually get them to take notice and address the issues I have raised would be most welcome.

DTMM
                    Attached Files

Comment

When MBNA did exact same thing I just wrote a stiff letter to them quoting FSA and FOS guidelines about calculation breakdown.

Told them if they didnt send them in 14 days I would refer it to FOS who would order the disclosure of the calculations and probably award compensation for not doing something they know they should be doing as a matter of course.

Calculations were with me by return of post.

Be very aware that if they choose to go outside the standard method of redress as instructed by the regulator then they should be disclosing the calculations with your offer.

MBNA who are as slippery as they come caved in straight away.

The fact they still maintain that they havnt short changed is another matter which is now residing with FOS. Think more and more of this will happen as they realise more and more joe publics arent checking.

As I see it battle is now about getting your facts (SAR and calculations) but this will end up at FOS sadly and the wait it will entail.

Comment

I dred if it goes to FOS seriously, ive had one with them now for months, they reckon it will take 12, but its gonna be more like 18.

Comment

Agreed.

Sadly by referring so much the banks have managed to gum it up and get to keep the money longer.

Plus they have the chance of a ruling in their favour.

They aint daft.

Comment

SXGuy

No idea why you are worried. The second half of the year saw a decline in PPI complaints.

Its dropped from 2.2million to

2.1 million

So the banks have had 4.3 million complaints going to FOS in one year. Dont think thats someit to be proud of guys.

Comment

I have had a good read-up of the FOS guidelines which plainly say that if a debt has been sold the statutory interest is due right up to the refund payment date.
                              So I have sent another letter reiterating my previous requests and drawing their attention to their obligations under CPUTR.

Have also banked their cheque on the basis of 'a bird in the hand' etc.

DTMM

Comment

Read the FOS latest review and they are saying it will take up to 3 years to clear the backlog of PPI claims. Also interesting is the plummeting uphold rates in favour of the consumer so looks like plenty of complaints have little or no merit.

I would suspect the easy clear cut ones will be what they have ago at first trying to get numbers down.

So anything like a complicated dispute about the redress will be at the back of the line.

We have done the same with our MBNA disaster telling them we will take the cheque but are still in dispute about the size of redress.

This went into FOS in December and besides the letter to say they got it thats all we had.

Comment

Working...
                                X