GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI cover from Legal & General ????? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI cover from Legal & General ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI cover from Legal & General ?????

TBH MGF - Legal & General are utter tossers.

They simply reject / deny anything,knowing full well that it is a very long road if you go to FOS.

I had some very long winded telephone conversations / arguments with one of their chaps up in Edinburgh,who was probably the poshist T**T I have ever had to speak too and very very dismisive / arogant.

I did take it to FOS and won both my claims against them - which had been mis-sold via a broker (family friend) who wizzed through the docs and got me to sign on the dotted line - no questions re health,insurances in place ,etc etc AND the forms were already filled in.
    I just trusted him & signed.

I am sure this happened many many times & I am quite sure that he ( and plenty of other brokers) were simply chasing the most commission via the easiest route.
    I dont include you in this statement though - as you seem a decent bloke in an industry full of sharks.

My broker for my previous mortgage did similar stuff but no redress was avaialble to me due to it being unregulated at the time of the transaction.

Do on to others as they have done onto you.

Might not be very savoury - but , we are all fighting for survival here.

Matty

Comment

Related thread ---> Mis sold PPI? Legal and General - allaboutFORUMS

Best of luck with your reclaim
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
        TBH MGF - Legal & General are utter tossers.

They simply reject / deny anything,knowing full well that it is a very long road if you go to FOS.

I had some very long winded telephone conversations / arguments with one of their chaps up in Edinburgh,who was probably the poshist T**T I have ever had to speak too and very very dismisive / arogant.

I did take it to FOS and won both my claims against them - which had been mis-sold via a broker (family friend) who wizzed through the docs and got me to sign on the dotted line - no questions re health,insurances in place ,etc etc AND the forms were already filled in.
        I just trusted him & signed.

I am sure this happened many many times & I am quite sure that he ( and plenty of other brokers) were simply chasing the most commission via the easiest route.
        I dont include you in this statement though - as you seem a decent bloke in an industry full of sharks.

My broker for my previous mortgage did similar stuff but no redress was avaialble to me due to it being unregulated at the time of the transaction.

Do on to others as they have done onto you.

Might not be very savoury - but , we are all fighting for survival here.

Matty

Mine went to the FOS about 10 weeks ago due to them not playing ball. Had a letter from FOS saying it could take in excess of 12 months to make a decision. Even if they saw it in my favour I can't see legal & general handing over the pennies very quickly.

How long did the FOS take with yours Matty, did legal & general pay out ok ?

M

Comment

It took a while Im afraid.

Claim commenced sept 2010 - paid out March 2012
          L&G rejected adjudicators original decision & then we had for Ombudsman - who found in our favour.

Hope yours is quicker than this.

Matt

Comment

As above mine had to go to FOS who have just said they have agreed with me and told L&G to pay up. Also said they can appeal which would then be passed to the ombudsman.

do these cowns usually appeal and if they did how much longer would this possibly take ??

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mjr001 View Post
              As above mine had to go to FOS who have just said they have agreed with me and told L&G to pay up. Also said they can appeal which would then be passed to the ombudsman.

do these cowns usually appeal and if they did how much longer would this possibly take ??

Mark

Sounds very hopeful and even if it does go as far as the ombudsman, they will highly normally agree with the adjudicator anyway.
              Hopefully it will not come to that and you won't be waiting too long.

It's difficult to predict a timescale, as it can sometimes take a matter of weeks or few months, but as it's already been completed, and usually if it does go as far as the FOS, it's extra compo for you - for the distress and inconvenience caused, they must also pay a set amount to the ombudsman as well, so in this case they may agree to accept the adjudicators decision now.

Comment

i am trying to work out the intrest on the PPi payments i have made and having a hells job, cant find anything online that is easy to work it out.

The policy started in Jan 2004 and was for £25.55 per month, the policy was cancelled by me as i found out about it on 31st jan 2012, after all the letters it went to the FOS and they ruled in my favour 20th Feb 2013

I am trying to work out the ppi interest that is due on all these payments, 96 of them at £25.55 which i worked out to be £2452.80 but am having trouble on the interest side of it

any help please

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark

The only interest I was allowed to claim was 8% simple interest, as unlike a credit card or loan interest isnt normally added to such policies.

To work it out you need to do it month by month to date (assuming the claim is settled this month):

Month 1 Jan 2004 =25.55 x .666% (8% / 12) = 0.17 x110 (months) =18.70
                  Month 2 Feb 2004 =25.55 x .666% (8% / 12) = 0.17 x109 (months) =18.53
                  Month 3 Mar 2004 =25.55 x .666% (8% / 12) = 0.17 x108 (months) =18.36

and so on.

then add them all up and that should be what you are due.

Thats how I worked mine out at least.

I did have a spread sheet somewhere - If I can find it I will post it up on here.

Good luck.

Matt

Comment

Attached is a simple spreadsheet showing you how I have calculated the interest due.

Hope this helps.

Matt
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached is a simple spreadsheet showing you how I have calculated the interest due.

Hope this helps.

Matt
                      i cannot open the attachment, it says internal server error

Comment

Hiya

Have you had any luck since, in trying to open the attachment?

I sometimes get these problems, hopefully Matty will be along soon

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Hiya

Have you had any luck since, in trying to open the attachment?

I sometimes get these problems, hopefully Matty will be along soon

I have not tried since Di, as I am on the phone and not near a pc

M

Comment

I am sorry - only just noticed this.

Not sure why it wont open - might it be something to do with the fees for downloading stuff?

I can email it to you if you PM me your email address.

Matty
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by MattyA; 10 March 2013, 18:13.

Comment

Uploaded it again and it still doesnt work......

Comment

Uploaded it again and it still doesnt work......
                                I'll ask Niddy to take a look..........
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X