GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ppi complaint on studio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ppi complaint on studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ppi complaint on studio

Chez

I am back lol, give me a min to dig out the letter for you that I used, its basically just standard but it did work for me.
    So have a read, tweak etc to your own reasons etc....

Back shortly x

Comment

Chez, this is rather long, but copied and pasted my letter for you, you apply what is relevant for you with your own reasons, as said above its simple basic wording, but I did a bit of research on underwriters, some are more lenient than others, so hope it helps you, you have the contact details now of whom you pursue as Niddy posted above, cheers Nids lol , oh Niddy, if you want to add/delete anything in the letter please feel free to do so and if you think I missed on anything lol. Good luck Chez, any probs let us know x

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................
      Home Address

17 October 2012

The Company Secretary
      Financial Insurance Company Limited
      Building 11
      Chiswick Park
      Chiswick High Road
      London, W4 5XR
      United Kingdom

Dear Sir/Madam

Santander/GE Cap Bank/First National Bank/Account number:

I was passed your details on request by Santander Bank, and as suggested by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
      I had previously wrote to Santander as they deal with complaint via GE Capital Bank/First National Bank.
      Since finding information over the last recent months, and since the media (news) of mis selling PPI, it appears that I have reason to complain and make a reclaim on what I have paid of the Insurance Premiums, plus the simple interest to date.

The account is no longer active, and was settled some years ago, but Santander rejected the complaint on the grounds of time has lapsed where they no longer hold the information in relation of the account. They also confirm as they were not regulated by the FSA, I am not able to complain to the Financial ombudsman service.

However, I do have essential information and have since received some details through a Subject Access Request (SAR) from Santander Data Protection Unit, the amount was also confirmed by letter, and although not a large amount, I still feel I have rights to complain and request for a refund.

I have enclosed a copy of the letter that was made to Santander, and they issued me with the final decision, also enclosed a copy of the letter.

I have also enclosed some statements relevant to the above account, and this proves where I was not at first charged for the Payment Protection Plan, and it suddenly appeared on later statements. I was not forwarded any information for the policy, nor was I asked if I wanted the policy. As I lacked knowledge of these products back then, it was assumed as a package and the cover was all part of the full package, because it was not discussed with me, then I was not to know, or I would have refused to take on the product, if I was given that option. The account ran from April 1997 to April 2005.

I also had pre existing medical conditions, in and out of various employment, but covered for company sick pay.

In my opinion, the policy was wrongly sold to me, and there should have been an obligation to provide customers with the appropriate information, and should have been in good time for the customers to make an informal decision to take the cover.

This I believe is where the Insurer/Underwriter comes into light.
      Researching, it appears that the Underwriter has a responsibility when a policy is sold to a customer by using a Intermediary, even if the Insurer/Underwriter are not present at the sale of the policy, there is joint liabilities with the Intermediary, as it is understood as they sell products on behalf of the Insurer/Underwriter, the application are referred back to the Insurer/Underwriter, as they have a duty to check and ensure that the cover suits the customer’s full requirements.

This would include evaluating an individual before issuing the policy, as it is also very important that the Insurer/Underwriter must perform and must analyse the client’s risk before hand, for example as exclusions may exist.

So it is also down to the Insurer/Underwriter to determine whether they should be accepted or rejected.

This did not happen in my case, if it had then you would have been aware of my current situation. I am holding your company also responsible for failing your duties, and as you used a Intermediary (non experienced) of selling these products, but they still gain an amount of commission from you for making a sale from me.

Your business had a duty to ensure that your intermediary sold the product to me fairly, but this did not happen, I would have otherwise known how these products worked at the time, but with not knowing if it was an automatic cover or not as I had no idea, it was a very poor to have had the insurance added to my account without even discussing it with me.

Please view the information enclosed, and take into account my concerns of this matter.

I understand that Genworth as a respectable company, has embedded the FSA principals of Treating Customers Fairly to all aspects of the business, believe in playing by the rules & strongly endorse any regulation that eradiates such as Mis selling.

With that of the above, I believe you will stand by this comment, and take into account my concerns given. And as a respectable company, will consider refunding me as a goodwill gesture of the amount I paid, plus the relevant interest on each payment made, and to date, also the 8% interest of what a court would normally award. I will also appreciate further redress for the distress & inconvenience this has caused me, which included costs of my time, writing/printing/posting/stamps/Recorded delivery to try to get this matter resolved in full.

I look forward to hearing from you in relation of this matter no longer than 8 weeks as from the date of this letter. If I fail to hear from you within that timescale, I will forward the details on to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) for them to investigate further.

Yours sincerely

Comment

impressed by this, thankyou i can use quite a bit of this..i better get writing lol here goes x

Comment

Originally posted by CHEZ View Post
          impressed by this, thankyou i can use quite a bit of this..i better get writing lol here goes x
          Your very welcome and the best of luck x

Comment

Before posting anything please email me a copy of what you intend to send and let me check over it, if you want of course.... The basis of complaint as outlined above from Di isn't a typical template, it's had a lot of amendments so best let one of us scan over it first - just to be safe

Webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Before posting anything please email me a copy of what you intend to send and let me check over it, if you want of course.... The basis of complaint as outlined above from Di isn't a typical template, it's had a lot of amendments so best let one of us scan over it first - just to be safe

Webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
              Yes totally agree, thanks for doing this Niddy as I did suggest this also on one my above posts for you to check/delete add etc lol.

Comment

OH poop lol just seen message i posted letter 4pm recorded delivery...what was the template i could always do this to another? sorry mr cool chez sighs

Comment

I have one also with Littlewoods extra care 500,FOS have taken this one on,as they agree i been mis sold on that one to...just waiting to hear x

Comment

OH poop lol just seen message i posted letter 4pm recorded delivery...what was the template i could always do this to another? sorry mr cool chez sighs
                    haha I'm called Niddy!

Try and and not jump into things so fast. No rush...! Wait for OTHER replies, we are a forum and different people have a different slant. That template wasn't ideal as it was, for you; hence I wanted to edit it for you. Never mind. See what they say and keep us updated please
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

lol no rush only 13 yrs..

Comment

Hi..im back lol, i got a reply from underwriter and they have sent my complaint to the insurer,i wait to hear now in 8 weeks...i have also had a letter from studio..this is as follows there reply to me...first letter i received 7th nov 13......This policy was offered as an optional sevice non- advised basis on 4th oct 2001 following a telephone call when you placed an order.At that time a copy of the policyterms and conditions was sent to you by post,detailingthe cancellation rights,a;long with a welcome letter asking for documents to be read carefully to ensure the policy is suitable. your account has been covered by the benefits of the policy since 4th oct 2001 therefore we are unable to refund any backdated charges...

Comment

2ND dec 2013from studio...this to cut along letter short lol without all the blah blah blah.....Thankyou for your recent communication,As advised this policy was offered when you placed a telephone order on 4th oct 2013,Your credit account was opened on 27th sept 1999 and prior to purchasing the scheme,the policy had been verbally promoted to you on two seperate occasions which you chose to decline.....I note your requset for a copy of the signed agreement for the policy,however it is not neccesary to obtain a signed agreement when offering insurance products,therefore we are unable to supply this. No additional information has come to light that would affect our previous conclusion,therefore we do not uphold your complaint and our original decision stands...

Comment

So i rang STUDIO today asked them for the telephone conversation i made asking for this,first told me we hold nothing like this as its been over 6 years,i mentioned i been in touch with insurer/underwriter..lol the next breath was " I will get a screen shot sent to you in the post to show i asked for the policy by telephone.....hmmmm how is this possible...if i declined on those 2 seperate occasions,still being in receipt of benefits,disabilty why would i agree to the policy on another occasion..This does not add up to me x

Comment

2ND dec 2013from studio...this to cut along letter short lol without all the blah blah blah.....Thankyou for your recent communication,As advised this policy was offered when you placed a telephone order on 4th oct 2013,Your credit account was opened on 27th sept 1999 and prior to purchasing the scheme,the policy had been verbally promoted to you on two seperate occasions which you chose to decline.....I note your requset for a copy of the signed agreement for the policy,however it is not neccesary to obtain a signed agreement when offering insurance products,therefore we are unable to supply this. No additional information has come to light that would affect our previous conclusion,therefore we do not uphold your complaint and our original decision stands...

Comment

So i rang STUDIO today asked them for the telephone conversation i made asking for this,first told me we hold nothing like this as its been over 6 years,i mentioned i been in touch with insurer/underwriter..lol the next breath was " I will get a screen shot sent to you in the post to show i asked for the policy by telephone.....hmmmm how is this possible...if i declined on those 2 seperate occasions,still being in receipt of benefits,disabilty why would i agree to the policy on another occasion..This does not add up to me x
                                Hi there
                                Thanks for your updates x
                                I'm glad you asked them for a copy of the telephone conversation, if they said that it was sold over the phone, then they must have proof for this, if they're not able to provide it then I would also wonder where they got the info from, especially if they stated they not able to because of the account being old etc....
                                Keep at them though and as your doing now, keep us informed, cheers x

Comment

Working...
                                X