GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI reclaim

Originally posted by Hells Bells View Post
    Just got letter re debenhams card that was taken in 2006. Only sent PPI questionnaire off last week :-) they are sending a cheque for a refund of all premiums!! yippeeeee!!!!
    Excellent stuff!! Congratulations!!

Comment

So now waiting to hear back from marbles, Natwest, halifax, telcos and creations finance.

Patience, must have patience!!! lol

.....................and I'm sure you will do just fine! x

Comment

Hey everyone, looking for some help to try and get ppi back for my mum. I completed the complaint and sent them to marbles and tescos and have received letters yesterday knocking it back.

With marbles I said that We had no idea that insurance was on the product and that we only realised by looking at old statements. We said that it was missold as no needs were assessed. They have said that it was added by my mum on the application but that it was a non advised sale so they will not uphold. Although they are unable to provide a copy of the application. Where can I go from here? Any thoughts would be welcome x

Tescos I again said that we did not need the product as needs were not assessed, they are saying it was non advised and they have a call recording that says that there was no pressure. Should I get a copy of this call to listen and see if I can get anything else from the call to pursue the complaint? Again any thoughts would be welcome. My mum is not really clued into this stuff and I feel that she did not know that she did it need this product as she had sufficient cover in place .

Thanks everyone in advance xx

Comment

Hey everyone, looking for some help to try and get ppi back for my mum. I completed the complaint and sent them to marbles and tescos and have received letters yesterday knocking it back.

With marbles I said that We had no idea that insurance was on the product and that we only realised by looking at old statements. We said that it was missold as no needs were assessed. They have said that it was added by my mum on the application but that it was a non advised sale so they will not uphold. Although they are unable to provide a copy of the application. Where can I go from here? Any thoughts would be welcome x

Tescos I again said that we did not need the product as needs were not assessed, they are saying it was non advised and they have a call recording that says that there was no pressure. Should I get a copy of this call to listen and see if I can get anything else from the call to pursue the complaint? Again any thoughts would be welcome. My mum is not really clued into this stuff and I feel that she did not know that she did it need this product as she had sufficient cover in place .

Thanks everyone in advance xx

Hiya

I would certainly request for a SAR at first, any information and of the sale will hopefully be within the paperwork enclosed.
          As they insist it was agreed over the telephone, then they must then hold the details of this.
          I would definately request for this.

I would be inclined to write back and tell them you are not happy with the decision they came to, and if anyting else applies to the mis selling, also let them know.
          For a start, at what age was your mum when she was sold the product?
          Any pre med conditions at the time it was sold to your mum?
          And the fact that your mum already had cover in place as well, they need to take that on board, because why on earth would she agree to taking on another if she was already protected?

Anything you feel you may have missed, maybe worth forwarding on to them, and tell them it was a worthless policy to start with, and you are requesting a copy/details of the phone call.

Comment

Thanks do will get onto that this weekend x

Comment

Thanks do will get onto that this weekend x
              You are most welcome x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Hiya

I would certainly request for a SAR at first, any information and of the sale will hopefully be within the paperwork enclosed.
                As they insist it was agreed over the telephone, then they must then hold the details of this.
                I would definately request for this.

I would be inclined to write back and tell them you are not happy with the decision they came to, and if anyting else applies to the mis selling, also let them know.
                For a start, at what age was your mum when she was sold the product?
                Any pre med conditions at the time it was sold to your mum?
                And the fact that your mum already had cover in place as well, they need to take that on board, because why on earth would she agree to taking on another if she was already protected?

Anything you feel you may have missed, maybe worth forwarding on to them, and tell them it was a worthless policy to start with, and you are requesting a copy/details of the phone call.

I agree with di totally.

Get the SAR info first - make sure you ask them for transcripts and recordings of all telephone conversations.

Dependant on the info / lack of info received , I would argue the case that they told your mum she had to take out the PPI during a telephone conversation in ordwer to get approval.

Matty

Comment

Working...
                X