GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming on accounts closed in 2003 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming on accounts closed in 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reclaiming on accounts closed in 2003

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    You were lucky Di, had a letter from Genworth to say that FOS are looking into these PPI cases and they are waiting for adjudication before taking further actions.
    Hi hun

So that is a letter you received then?
    Wondering now if they been getting that many complaints, maybe overwhelmed with them all.

Comment

Now have the letter with me! Slightly different wording..........

Apparently they wrote to me some time ago ? to say they were awaiting direction 'for cases such as yours ' from FOS.

In order to determine potential redress which may be due to you, Genworth will now write to the seller of the policy to obtain details on policy, including details of any premiums paid etc etc

Sorry for not reading properly, very distracted by the end of term etc etc.. It will be interesting if Santander is able to supply them with any information!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Now have the letter with me! Slightly different wording..........

Apparently they wrote to me some time ago ? to say they were awaiting direction 'for cases such as yours ' from FOS.

In order to determine potential redress which may be due to you, Genworth will now write to the seller of the policy to obtain details on policy, including details of any premiums paid etc etc

Sorry for not reading properly, very distracted by the end of term etc etc.. It will be interesting if Santander is able to supply them with any information!

Right ok, this was like mine then and the following letter it was to say they were paying me out!
        Fingers crossed x

Comment

Thanks, fingers crossed, should be interesting as Santander didn't 'appear' to have any of my paperwork.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, fingers crossed, should be interesting as Santander didn't 'appear' to have any of my paperwork.

Hmm that's what they said to me too!

Comment

Did you request a SAR from their data dept Cym? I can't remember now?

What Santander didnt know was that when they sent me a letter to reject mine, due to not a lot of information, I SAR'd the data dept beforehand and info did arrive, okay not a big deal of it but payments made to the account. They also rejected it on the grounds of the time that passed (which was why they could not find anything on the account).

So when I did receive some info back from the SAR, I re-wrote back with some copies of the evidence and they wrote back to say as they already provided me with the final decision they were not going to re-look into the case and knowing that GE/Currys were regulated when this was taken it out, I know they tend to reject knowing that, and that we not able to complain to the FOS because of no regulation.

So when complaining to Genworth, I provided the details of the payments, and they write back to say they will refund all monies of ppi paid going by the info provided by Santander???? hmmmm what info???? They said they do not hold anything.

So my hunch here is that you should be ok x

Comment

Hi, yes I sent a SAR and no they didn't have any information; several months after I received an application form showing me as having no income and the PPI box unticked! They only sent a couple of statements which showed payments being taken Genworth had copies of everything.

Comment

Have the same with our JJB sportscard and xxxxxxx. Not ticked by us not applicable as not in employment. xxxxxxx hide behind the fact they aint regulated, xxxxxxxx because they werent there at the time of the sale.

Errrr come on guys someone had the money. And it wasnt a mistake or just the wrong product.

It was fraudulently stolen. Someone somewhere be it JJB sales assistant, JJB themselves, xxxxxxxx or xxxxxxx have had benifit of stolen money.

If this was the public the fuzz would be all over us. Just because it is a financial institution it seems ok to receive the profits from a crime.

And the crime is to alter a document which we signed in order for someone to obtain money they had no right to.

Deception? Fraud, whatever you want to call it someone has benifited from a crime.

Sorry for the xxxx's just dont want to be getting the forum or me into trouble for accusing an institution of fraud.

Comment

It's been a long 2 weeks,but I'll give them some lee way in the hope that it will work in my favour!

Comment

I've had a response!!!!!!!! I have 4 weeks in which to reject their offer, otherwise a cheque will follow. The sum being offered isn't much, but it is a lot more than the £0.00 that Santander were offering, plus it will pay for my son to go away after his exams.

Once again thank you Di for the kick start and support in getting this going. (I will check my statements, at least those that I do have, to see if I can push for more)

Comment

Well done Cym and Di
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I've had a response!!!!!!!! I have 4 weeks in which to reject their offer, otherwise a cheque will follow. The sum being offered isn't much, but it is a lot more than the £0.00 that Santander were offering, plus it will pay for my son to go away after his exams.

Once again thank you Di for the kick start and support in getting this going. (I will check my statements, at least those that I do have, to see if I can push for more)
                          YAT well done and Congratulations Cym

You done the hard work hun, good one! x

Comment

Move Lisa's posts to her own thread -- > Reclaiming PPI - allaboutFORUMS
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                            X