GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mr Conf reclaims! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Conf reclaims!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mr Conf reclaims!

I'm not sure Matty....i'll update once we've got more info. thanks very much x

Comment

Wait until you get the info & lets talk again then.....no point rushing these things.
      If you set your stall out properly you will make it difficult for them to win.

Matty

Comment

Riiiight...time for an update!

We've had a reply back from one of the PPI claims. Before sending the reply they contacted Mr C by phone and asked him to answer security questions without telling him what it's about, so naturally he said that he wouldn't speak to them until he knew what it was about. He has been the victim of fraud so there's no way he'd give that info out over the phone, and i'm surprised they expected him to.

Soo...in the letter they've said they wanted further info but because he wouldn't speak to them over the phone along with the rest of their investigation they've declined his PPI request.

They've said that the policy was explained by way of a policy booklet - how do we even know Mr C was given one of these at the time?

They've said that the CCA demonstrated the PPI was optional, even though he was told at the time he couldn't have the loan without the PPI.

So where do we go from here?

thank you....x

Comment

Write to them quoting their reference numbers, and state as he has been a victim of fraud that the necessary request is reiterated in this letter, also inform them that a copy of your letter to ICO if you want to put that in, as the address and siggy is as per their communications throughout, I would suggest.

As has been advised by authorities due to having been victim of fraud correspondence by mail only,
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 16 September 2012, 18:24.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks for your reply Gangshield, that was my feeling when i read the letter, although ICO is a great idea to include...x

Comment

Hiya

Did the SAR arrive for this account after hun? (to save me scrolling back) my puter been very slow again lol.

Reason I'm asking is because anything they sent after the account was taken out, it should be all disclosed within the SAR.

That is also more or less standard what they said about the policy booklet, that all details are within, yet all that could be jargon!

Despite that, the fact there were reasons, no matter what, they should consider and take them into account.

Great idea by Gangshield as well.

I would definately write back and ask them to reconsider, to take the complaint seriously, by giving them any further info, tell them you do not agree with the decision they made to reject the complaint and so........

Sometimes even on a final decision they may reconsider, so if this was the final response, write back as stated above with further info by giving them either 14 or 21 days max to respond.

Good luck x

Comment

Working...
              X