GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MK Rapid Recoveries Final Notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK Rapid Recoveries Final Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MK Rapid Recoveries Final Notice

They will try to obtain documents from original creditor.

Comment

at least it looks like they read your letter
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Letter from MKDP today, Compello Reference No:------ . Once again they are going to contact your Original Creditor and will contact me once they have received the requested documents. Going around in circles, as another member posted, goldfish in a bowl!

Comment

Ooo,Ooo,Ooo
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
            Letter from MKDP today, Compello Reference No:------ . Once again they are going to contact your Original Creditor and will contact me once they have received the requested documents. Going around in circles, as another member posted, goldfish in a bowl!
            Thats fine, let them go away and wait for the original documents. The longer they waste time going round the goldfish bowl the closer you get to SB.
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

MKDP have for some reason sent me a copy of the original default notice, from Mercers. Issued on 30th March 2012.
              IMPORTANT YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY
              Default Notice served under section 87(i) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

It also says We act as agents for Barclays Bank PLC trading as Barclaycard.

As Mercers were acting as agents, they cannot issue a default notice. The Notice was not served under S87(1) so does not count anyway. The account was terminated on the back of a defective notice! As MKDP will have replaced this with their own default on my credit file, can I now ask them to remove it?

Comment

Found the answer in Niddy's Thread.
                Default on CRA vs Default s78 / s88 CCA 1974.

Obvious that they can default on credit file, but no enforcement. FOS ruling!

Comment

Sent them another copy of FOS ruling, Barclaycard are unable to comply with S78 request. Looks like this will keep going around in circles. Obviously don't know when to give up!

Comment

Received a reply from MKDP with a Compello Reference Number.
                    Thank you for communicating with us regarding the above account. We acknowledge receipt of your dispute and shall endeavour to provide you with a response in due course.
                    MKDP LLP takes great care to ensure that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner and as such, we will be conducting a thorough review, which may include liaising with your original creditor. We can confirm that until such time that we are able to provide you with a satisfactory resolution, your account will be placed on hold and all collection activity will be suspended. Please find enclosed a copy of our Customer Complaints Procedure.
                    Once we have completed our review we shall provide you with our written response.

Comment

I wonder if MKDP are selling these accounts back to Barclaycard? See my thread Barclaycard and right of set off. Barclaycard have just had another go at using right of set off, then refunded. If MKDP still own this account then Barclaycard would not be able to have another go.

Comment

Letter today from MKDP.
                        Further to our letter of acknowledgement sent to you in regards to the above account, we write to advise you on the progress of your dispute.
                        At this time, we apologise, as we are still unable to resolve your dispute. We are, however, currently liaising with the original creditor, and will contact you as soon as we receive a response from them.

What I can't understand is if MKDP still own this account, why did Barclaycard take £43.13 from my account on 3rd October, then refund it? This should not have been allowed.

Comment

Hiya mate - sorry I do read your posts and you're not being ignored but you're doing fine so we tend to leave it with you cos you're just rambling which is what these diaries are for. Good on you for your calmness & perseverance.

Stop worrying, you know they cannot comply with s.78. We've seen how Barclays work remember & we've seen the scabby FOS - remember I helped you get a semi result on your Barclays issue (I think it was you) via the FOS after they'd already shown their true colours.

Don't worry about why anything was deducted. You'll never be paying it. You know Barclays are dodgier than Assad so leave them and MKDP to it mate.

I know you're chilled about it but still, they cannot possibly beat you with this!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Letter today, MKDP. At this time, we are unable to provide you with a final response and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We are however currently liaising with the original creditor, and we will contact you as soon as we receive a response from them.

Long may this continue! Unenforceable!

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                              Letter today, MKDP. At this time, we are unable to provide you with a final response and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We are however currently liaising with the original creditor, and we will contact you as soon as we receive a response from them.

Long may this continue! Unenforceable!
                              Standard template letter from them matey - I get them every few weeks on the accounts they have for me also. You'll eventually get the one that states they've been unable to provide a full response within specified timeframe, and you have the right to complaint to FOS blah blah.
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Thanks SnV This is the one as described with. "As we have been unable to provide you with a final response within the time stipulated in the Complaint Handling Rules, you may now refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Please find enclosed a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service Leaflet for your information."
                                Looks like you are ahead of me in dealing with MKDP.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X