GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script administration - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: administration

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
    Did you not get a letter stating that they could not employ you any longer fron xxx date?
    yes i got that letter today but nothing before that
    ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
      yes i got that letter today but nothing before that
      Thats good news then

Comment

Blank ET1 form
        i have printed off the blank sheet and i am meeting all my ex colleagues on sunday we are going to fill it in as a store as a lot have had trouble with the PR1 form, so we can go though this aswell.
        The M.P's secretary is also going to attend to help out with any questions as they are the ones pressing for the investigation through the business secretary to have optcapita investigated thanks again vint your one in a million a little star
        carol01

Comment

That's ok Carol.

Dont forget that although you can be part of a multiple claim, each individual employee has to fill in an ET1. Everyones claim will be different.

You must claim for a Protectve Award and any loss that you have suffered. That will be holidays, notice pay and other contractural items, for arguments sake a company car. These all count towards your wages. You then have to take anything off that you have received from the secretary of state.

You must claim your redundancy from the Government and also your notice period and holidays. You will only be able to claim the difference between what the government has paid and what you are owed from Comet\Deloitte.

If your or your collegues wages were under £400 per week, then the governnment will pick up the whole amount, so that makes your claim simple and limited to the Protective Award. The SOS will then take the matter up with Deloitte after you have been paid.

Comment

That's ok Carol.

Dont forget that although you can be part of a multiple claim, each individual employee has to fill in an ET1. Everyones claim will be different.

You must claim for a Protectve Award and any loss that you have suffered. That will be holidays, notice pay and other contractural items, for arguments sake a company car. These all count towards your wages. You then have to take anything off that you have received from the secretary of state.

You must claim your redundancy from the Government and also your notice period and holidays. You will only be able to claim the difference between what the government has paid and what you are owed from Comet\Deloitte.

If your or your collegues wages were under £400 per week, then the governnment will pick up the whole amount, so that makes your claim simple and limited to the Protective Award. The SOS will then take the matter up with Deloitte after you have been paid.
            hi vint
            hope you had a good christmas and new year. Had to leave this alone over christmas so i could enjoy the festive period i sent the et1 on 24/12/12
            this was what was written....
            PROTECTIVE AWARD
            My claim is for a Protective Award from Comet Group LTD. I was made redundant on the 20.12.2012 and the company (Comet Group LTD) failed to give me my statuary 90 days consultation period.
            Under the provisions of section 188 the Trade union and Labour Relations (Consolidation)Act 1992, employers
            are required to consult with appropriate representatives if they are proposing to dismiss as redundant 20 or
            more employees within a period of 90 days or less. Consultation must commence where 100 or more
            employees are dismissed, at least 90 days before the first dismissal takes effect. If fewer employees are
            involved the period is 30 days.
            Although Comet Group LTD went in administration on November 2nd 2012,the company (Comet Group LTD)
            is still bounded by law to consult all employees 90 days prior to redundancy. Failure to comply would result in
            a Protective Award being made to employees after the date of liquidation, which are now to be regarded as
            debts provable in the liquidation.

i have had a reply from my et1 my claim has been accepted. they have sent a copy of my claim to the respondent. any response will be copied to me. the respondent has 28 days to respond, if a response is not recieved or not accepted a default judgement may be issued.

also a letter was attached saying the respondent company is in adminisration and i need to get consent of the administrator or the court which you said would happen and needed to be worded right can you help me with this letter vint?
            thanks carol01

Comment

Hi carol,

Details are on my other PC. I will look them out tomorrow.

Comment

Hi carol,

Details are on my other PC. I will look them out tomorrow.
                thanks vint

Comment

Hi carol,

Letter to Deloitte below. Any questions, please shout.

Your name
                  Your address
                  xxxxx
                  xxxxx
                  xxxxxxx
                  Date xxxxxxxx

Your Ref: xxxxxxxxxx Deloitte ref number

Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Joint Liquidator
                  Deloitte LLP
                  PO Box 810
                  66 Shoe Lane
                  London
                  EC4A 3WA

Dear Sir,

Comet Plc (in Liquidation)

A number of the members of staff that worked for Comet Plc, have issued a claim at an Employment Tribunal, for the lack of 90 days notice of redundancy ( Protective Award Claim).

The claims have been accepted, however as Comet Plc is in Liquidation, we are required to have sought written permission to proceed from yourselves, before we approach the Tribunal to order such permission.

Can you please provide me with written permission to proceed with this claim, in order to avoid a Stay on proceedings.

Yours faithfully.

xxxxxxxxx

c.c. xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Hi carol,

Letter to Deloitte below. Any questions, please shout.

Your name
                    Your address
                    xxxxx
                    xxxxx
                    xxxxxxx
                    Date xxxxxxxx

Your Ref: xxxxxxxxxx Deloitte ref number

Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Joint Liquidator
                    Deloitte LLP
                    PO Box 810
                    66 Shoe Lane
                    London
                    EC4A 3WA

Dear Sir,

Comet Plc (in Liquidation)

A number of the members of staff that worked for Comet Plc, have issued a claim at an Employment Tribunal, for the lack of 90 days notice of redundancy ( Protective Award Claim).

The claims have been accepted, however as Comet Plc is in Liquidation, we are required to have sought written permission to proceed from yourselves, before we approach the Tribunal to order such permission.

Can you please provide me with written permission to proceed with this claim, in order to avoid a Stay on proceedings.

Yours faithfully.

xxxxxxxxx

c.c. xxxxxxxxxxx
                    thankyou so much vint letter will be posted first thing tomorrow

Comment

That's ok Carol.

hi vint
                      it seems that a lot of the ET1 applications are now being transfered to leeds (over 3000 have now been transfered) mine however is at the moment still at manchester do you think i should ring the tribunal office just to check and ask them to send it over
                      thanks carol01

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
                        hi vint
                        it seems that a lot of the ET1 applications are now being transfered to leeds (over 3000 have now been transfered) mine however is at the moment still at manchester do you think i should ring the tribunal office just to check and ask them to send it over
                        thanks carol01
                        its ok vint
                        i have recieved a letter this morning from manchester to say mine has been transfered to leeds. i also recieved a letter from acas telling me they are here to help too
                        thanks carol01

Comment

Sorry for the late reply Carol. It will be best if they are all heard together.

Was anyone in a Union. They may be able to add their weight.

ACAS will be of no use. Comet have no funds to negotiate with unfortunately.

Sureley they cannot have 3000 employees in the north?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply Carol. It will be best if they are all heard together.

Was anyone in a Union. They may be able to add their weight.

ACAS will be of no use. Comet have no funds to negotiate with unfortunately.

Sureley they cannot have 3000 employees in the north?
                            around 4000 et1 forms have been submitted up to now, and there is still around 2800 or so employees that need to be contacted to get them to fill the form in, every form that has been filled in was sent to their local employment tribrual, but it looks like leeds are going to hear the case so all comet et1 forms from all around the country are being re directed to leeds. Some departments eg skelmersdale home delivery were in a union and some have gone through needles partners but they are charging a up front fee and seems as though we were only paid 2 weeks pay in december and not recieved any other money (still waiting for redundancy, jsa) no one can afford to go with them. Some good news is our M.P has a meeting with deloittes sometime over the next 2 weeks and he will ask in person ref to the permission even though we have sent the letters.
                            thanks
                            carol01

Comment

well after 6 weeks of redundancy i am glad to say i got a job and start on tuesday yay!!

Comment

Well Done Carol specially in these hard times

Comment

Working...
                                X