GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script whats the best way to pay a debt off with triton - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best way to pay a debt off with triton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: whats the best way to pay a debt off with triton

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    In my case they will have even less chance of excusing themselves, as the account balance on 8 March 2011 was £14.71 in credit.

Ok, but if over the last 6 months prior to that you'd breached the agreement of the AP then they can add a default the same day - this shouldn't be forgotten mate.....

I would be more concerned about the actual reporting of inaccurate data for several years
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Ok, but if over the last 6 months prior to that you'd breached the agreement of the AP then they can add a default the same day - this shouldn't be forgotten mate...
      I had missed the payments for December and January, as I had more important expenses - I needed a new microwave oven in December and a new computer in January - but, as far as I can recall, those were the only payments I'd missed.

Thus, their markers for April, May and June 2011 are utterly wrong.

Comment

I had missed the payments for December and January, as I had more important expenses - I needed a new microwave oven in December and a new computer in January - but, as far as I can recall, those were the only payments I'd missed.

Thus, their markers for April, May and June 2011 are utterly wrong.
        Ok that answers it, so at worst they should have defaulted you in December the month you 'broke' the agreement.....

However they did do it within 6 months, so mate unfortunately this is a fight you're likely to lose if you play on the angle of current events, you need to focus on the errors from outset until now which should revert it back to AP with removal of all derogatory markers.

i.e. hoping that by doing this, it fails the december missed payment marker and omits the default altogether....

make sense?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps. in your case, the markers from JANUARY onwards are actually wrong - not from April onwards..... but they have 6 months to record a default, lets not forget that as well.....

As I say, fight the incorrect entries from the AP start date - you have more chance of success this way

Comment

* my site updates just aint happening are they?

Comment

ps. in your case, the markers from JANUARY onwards are actually wrong - not from April onwards..... but they have 6 months to record a default, lets not forget that as well...
              Whilst agreeing with your other points, can you see anything that might excuse those idiots marking a settled and closed account as 'default'?

Comment

Whilst agreeing with your other points, can you see anything that might excuse those idiots marking a settled and closed account as 'default'?
                I see what you're saying - obviously I missed the fact you'd paid-up by the time they defaulted you. So in essence, they "should" have defaulted you in December when you broke the agreement, as they never & you cleared the debt by March, their default is illegal based on the debt being settled at that point.

That's their own fuck-up then, cos they could have (and should have) if they wanted to "hurt" you - add it in December, but they missed that boat by a good continent

Comment

* my site updates just aint happening are they?
                  I'll stop distracting you, then, and let you get back to playing with your widget.

Comment

I'll stop distracting you, then, and let you get back to playing with your widget.
                    Now Now

Comment

Ok, Tilley - here is your template to send to the DCA (Try-it-On)... you also need to download and print pages 10-16 of the attached pdf document and attach those as this forms part of your claim of irresponsible reporting of inaccurate data to the CRA's - you also need to send a copy of the page from within your SAR that confirms the original default period (i.e. that statement that shows the default date of 25.07.2006)

So here's the main template - this gets sent to Try-it-On and send it Recorded Delivery so you have proof:
                      Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding an outstanding balance on the above mentioned account and wish to clarify a few errors that you seem to have overlooked.

In particular I am concerned to note that you have registered late payment entries against me for several years now even though this account was formally defaulted back on 25.07.2006 - attached with this letter is proof of that, due to the default fee showing on my statement. Ergo, these late payment entries are in fact unlawful and I demand all are removed and replaced with the actual default entry using the original default date which is sometime in 2006 - not even in 2007 as suggested by this fee!

The ICO have clear guideance on the reporting of defaults which also takes into consideration arrangements to pay and their associated markers. In my case I made an agreement to pay back in 2006 and ever since then I have kept to this agreement thus meaning had you not registered a default back in 2006 then the worst you'd be able to do is to report the fact I am in an arrangement - the ICO guidelines state that you may only default me after breaking any agreed arrangement to pay - I have proof that I made the following payment sequences;
                      14/11/2006 - £35pm up to
                      15/09/2008 - £40pm up to
                      15/12/2009 - £47pm up to
                      14/05/2010 - £50pm to date
                      Thus as I have not missed a single payment, let alone three successive payments, you have no right to record derogatory data against me. I am paying on time, as agreed by us, thus marking my credit file with a late default entry marker is unlawful within the ICO guidelines.

We both know you can only be defaulted once per lifecycle of account and you did this back in 2006. I attach with this formal complaint copies of the guidance in question and draw your attention to the points within these pages, in particular;
                      Section 21 - An arrangement to pay
                      This involves a temporary, short-term (up to six months) arrangement where the lender agrees to accept reduced payments.

The account will be marked by an ‘arrangement to pay’ marker (which distinguishes the account from one where the customer has behaved less responsibly).

Where such an ‘arrangement to pay’ breaks down, a default may be filed when the total value of the arrears is equivalent to three monthly payments under the original terms.

If a customer fails to return to contractual payments after an ‘arrangement to pay’ has expired, then the lender can file a default immediately, as long as this would not place the customer in a worse position than they would have been in, had they not made the arrangement.
                      As is clear from the points above, nothing is relative to my own case and thus these late payment entries are a direct breach of my Data Privacy.

Similarly, the ICO uses the following example within this guidance which directly reflects my own case, and thus you ought to bear the facts in mind as I will use this against you when I bring further action - the below is a direct quote
                      1. If a customer makes an ‘arrangement to pay’ at a reduced rate but breaks that arrangement by making no payments for three months, the lender should only automatically file a default if
                      • the total value of the arrears is equivalent to three monthly payments under the original terms, and
                      • the lender would normally file a default at this stage in the arrears process.
                      So no default should be filed if the lender normally records defaults when accounts are six monthly payments in arrears and the customer has not yet reached that level of indebtedness, even though he may have missed payments under the ‘arrangement to pay’.

2. If a lender accepts an ‘arrangement to pay’ as an alternative to filing a default, and the customer fails to make any of the agreed repayments, then a default can be filed straight away.
                      What the above means is that as I have not broken my arrangement, you have no right to mark my credit file with anything other than the fact I am in an arrangement which is usually identified by the AP/AR marker associated with such an agreement.

Please treat this as a letter before action as if you do not correct the entry not only will I consider seeking legal advice but I will also formally complain about this to the ICO, the FOS and the OFT.

I expect a suitable response confirming that you've reverted back to the original default date in 2006, within the next 21 days.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally
                      (see here for details on signing digitally)

you sir Deserve A Knighthood.

I'll let you know how I get on,

thanks again

Comment

right just to put a spanner in the works, the statement that shows the default date of 25.07.2006 was on my current account which has been paid off but there is no evidence on my CRF about my "current account default"

as for my loan there never has been a default notice etc, also when i have been paying my "arrangement to pay" that has been going into my current account then every so offten they move the money to pay part of the loan off

my loan statments they sent me show

29-sep-2006 was the last loan payment before I messed up £150
                        13-jun-2007 a credit of £35 called "PR"

now from the 13-jun-2007 my loan stays at the same amount till at least (i dont have any more statments) 15-jun-2010,

when i say stays the same I mean it dont even drop a penny

Comment

what?

ok, back peddle - what bank account? I thought this was for a loan?

Comment

sorry im not the best at explaining this stick with me

i had a Current Account with natwest which was about £1500 O/D with a large chunk made up of charges and interest this is the account the default was placed, on my CRF there is no sign of this account ever exsiting

as for my loan its the same as i have said apart from the default, the screen print i sent you was the only thing on my CRF showing from natwest,
                            also triton store my payments in my C/A for how ever long the choose before paying it into my loan

i hope this helps more
                            sorry

Comment

Triton are about as straight as a knotted corkscrew - and about as much use.

Comment

Triton are about as straight as a knotted corkscrew - and about as much use.
                                so i have found out many times over

Comment

Working...
                                X