GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script whats the best way to pay a debt off with triton - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best way to pay a debt off with triton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: whats the best way to pay a debt off with triton

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    In other words, typical Triton!

Do not expect those morons to report the status of your account accurately even if you do pay it off in full.

I overpaid my debt to those scoundrels in February 2011. Their response was to mark my account as having defaulted in March 2011:
    On those AP markers this should not state a number 6 as that implies default process, an AP should simply show AP or at least show an unclassified (Zzz or U)......

I'm surprised you have let them record so many 6's - least of all they should have and could have defaulted this back in May 2009.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      On those AP markers this should not state a number 6 as that implies default process, an AP should simply show AP or at least show an unclassified (Zzz or U)......

I'm surprised you have let them record so many 6's - least of all they should have and could have defaulted this back in May 2009.
      In May 2009, I wasn't as mentally able as I am now and, besides, it hardly mattered. I own my house outright and didn't (and don't) wish to borrow any money, nor purchase a motor-car on HP.

Now, though, I'd like to use their antics to exact my revenge.

Any ideas?

Comment

In fact, from Dec 08 you've made regular payments to this debt and so as you have never missed a payment the entries should show a number 1 or a green dot meaning payment on time. The way they hold this agreement against you is by the annotation AP or AR in this case which tells people you're paying but paying an arranged amount.

My argument here is simple, they have registered adverse data against an arrangement to pay which is a direct breach of OFT and ICO guidelines - you should be demanding they remove these entries and follow up with a formal demand to the CRA's prior to complaining to the ICO.

Its wrong, plain and simple. Totally in every aspect.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Now, though, I'd like to use their antics to exact my revenge.
          See above - you should at least get £500 compo for this - if nothing else.

Comment

See above - you should at least get £500 compo for this - if nothing else.
            In fact you can copy the template I do for this user - it'll be identical except for the dates - unless you want to do one yourself? -

Comment

Ok basically the governing legislation behind this falls within the scope of the ICO as detailed below and within the attached document.

The attached document is the latest default / cra guidelines. For this exercise we're specifically sticking to points 21-22

Ok, here's the attachment ---> default_tgn_version_v3 doc.pdf

This is how the ICO portray things:

Arrangements to pay
              21 An ‘arrangement to pay’
              This involves a temporary, short-term (up to six months) arrangement where the lender agrees to accept reduced payments.

The original payment terms will still be shown on the credit reference file and arrears will accrue which will be shown on the monthly status record.

The account will be marked by an ‘arrangement to pay’ marker (which distinguishes the account from one where the customer has behaved less responsibly).

Where such an ‘arrangement to pay’ breaks down, a default may be filed when the total value of the arrears is equivalent to three monthly payments under the original terms.

If a customer fails to return to contractual payments after an ‘arrangement to pay’ has expired, then the lender can file a default immediately, as long as this would not place the customer in a worse position than they would have been in, had they not made the arrangement.

Examples
              1. If a customer makes an ‘arrangement to pay’ at a reduced rate but breaks that arrangement by making no payments for three months, the lender should only automatically file a default if
              • the total value of the arrears is equivalent to three monthly payments under the original terms, and
              • the lender would normally file a default at this stage in the arrears process.

So no default should be filed if the lender normally records defaults when accounts are six monthly payments in arrears and the customer has not yet reached that level of indebtedness, even though he may have missed payments under the ‘arrangement to pay’.

2. If a lender accepts an ‘arrangement to pay’ as an alternative to filing a default, and the customer fails to make any of the agreed repayments, then a default can be filed straight away.
              There you go, that's all you need to confirm that there should be NO late payment entries.

Comment

New thread regards this here: ---> Defaults - CRA Data & Default Guidelines

Comment

I'll first submit a Subject Access Request, to make sure I have enough evidence to hang those cu runts.

Comment

I'll first submit a Subject Access Request, to make sure I have enough evidence to hang those cu runts.
                    why? No need, the cra entries confirm you paid on time (albeit reduced) - but if you want to SAR then no probs, however I'd not bother myself as the proof is in the reading of the CRA entry.....

They had NO right to add late payment markers. None, whatsoever.

Comment

In the response to the SAR, I would expect to find a copy of the silly threat-o-gram they sent me a little over a year ago. In that letter, they demanded the outstanding balance of £235 to be paid at once, or they would pass the account to their solicitors who would:
                      • send a statutory demand with a view to commencing bankruptcy proceedings, or
                      • get an attachment order for the bank to be paid directly from [my] earnings, or
                      • get a charge imposed on [my] property that would allow the bank to take possession of [my] house

Please note that in none of the above threats was there the slightest hint that they'd first need to obtain a County Court Judgement in their favour.

That's why I'd like to barbecue those buggers.
                      Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 8 February 2012, 02:28. Reason: wrong amount

Comment

why? No need, the cra entries confirm you paid on time (albeit reduced) - but if you want to SAR then no probs, however I'd not bother myself as the proof is in the reading of the CRA entry.....
                        I need to ensure that I have the correct dates, and I also want to find other instances of inaccuracies.

And then there's their silly threat-o-gram.

Comment

In the response to the SAR, I would expect to find a copy of the silly threat-o-gram they sent me a little over a year ago. In that letter, they demanded the outstanding balance of £235 to be paid at once, or they would pass the account to their solicitors who would:
                          • send a statutory demand with a view to commencing bankruptcy proceedings, or
                          • get an attachment order for the bank to be paid directly from [my] earnings, or
                          • get a charge imposed on [my] property that would allow the bank to take possession of [my] house

Please note that in none of the above threats was there the slightest hint that they'd first need to obtain a County Court Judgement in their favour.

That's why I'd like to barbecue those buggers.
                          Ahhhh, I like your style - a SAR it is then

We'll get your £10 back - just for the fun of it

Comment

Ok, Groundhog - here is your template to send to the DCA (Try-it-On)... you also need to download and print pages 10-16 of the attached pdf document and attach those as this forms part of your claim of irresponsible reporting of inaccurate data to the CRA's - you also need to send a copy of the page from within your SAR that confirms the original default period (i.e. that statement that shows the default date of 25.07.2006)

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
                            now i did just see something on the statments - Default notice fee 25/07/2006
                            So here's the main template - this gets sent to Try-it-On and send it Recorded Delivery so you have proof:
                            Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding an outstanding balance on the above mentioned account and wish to clarify a few errors that you seem to have overlooked.

In particular I am concerned to note that you have registered late payment entries against me for several years now even though this account was formally defaulted back on 25.07.2006 - attached with this letter is proof of that, due to the default fee showing on my statement. Ergo, these late payment entries are in fact unlawful and I demand all are removed and replaced with the actual default entry using the original default date which is sometime in 2006 - not even in 2007 as suggested by this fee!

The ICO have clear guideance on the reporting of defaults which also takes into consideration arrangements to pay and their associated markers. In my case I made an agreement to pay back in 2006 and ever since then I have kept to this agreement thus meaning had you not registered a default back in 2006 then the worst you'd be able to do is to report the fact I am in an arrangement - the ICO guidelines state that you may only default me after breaking any agreed arrangement to pay - I have proof that I made the following payment sequences;
                            14/11/2006 - £35pm up to
                            15/09/2008 - £40pm up to
                            15/12/2009 - £47pm up to
                            14/05/2010 - £50pm to date
                            Thus as I have not missed a single payment, let alone three successive payments, you have no right to record derogatory data against me. I am paying on time, as agreed by us, thus marking my credit file with a late default entry marker is unlawful within the ICO guidelines.

We both know you can only be defaulted once per lifecycle of account and you did this back in 2006. I attach with this formal complaint copies of the guidance in question and draw your attention to the points within these pages, in particular;
                            Section 21 - An arrangement to pay
                            This involves a temporary, short-term (up to six months) arrangement where the lender agrees to accept reduced payments.

The account will be marked by an ‘arrangement to pay’ marker (which distinguishes the account from one where the customer has behaved less responsibly).

Where such an ‘arrangement to pay’ breaks down, a default may be filed when the total value of the arrears is equivalent to three monthly payments under the original terms.

If a customer fails to return to contractual payments after an ‘arrangement to pay’ has expired, then the lender can file a default immediately, as long as this would not place the customer in a worse position than they would have been in, had they not made the arrangement.
                            As is clear from the points above, nothing is relative to my own case and thus these late payment entries are a direct breach of my Data Privacy.

Similarly, the ICO uses the following example within this guidance which directly reflects my own case, and thus you ought to bear the facts in mind as I will use this against you when I bring further action - the below is a direct quote
                            1. If a customer makes an ‘arrangement to pay’ at a reduced rate but breaks that arrangement by making no payments for three months, the lender should only automatically file a default if
                            • the total value of the arrears is equivalent to three monthly payments under the original terms, and
                            • the lender would normally file a default at this stage in the arrears process.

So no default should be filed if the lender normally records defaults when accounts are six monthly payments in arrears and the customer has not yet reached that level of indebtedness, even though he may have missed payments under the ‘arrangement to pay’.

2. If a lender accepts an ‘arrangement to pay’ as an alternative to filing a default, and the customer fails to make any of the agreed repayments, then a default can be filed straight away.
                            What the above means is that as I have not broken my arrangement, you have no right to mark my credit file with anything other than the fact I am in an arrangement which is usually identified by the AP/AR marker associated with such an agreement.

Please treat this as a letter before action as if you do not correct the entry not only will I consider seeking legal advice but I will also formally complain about this to the ICO, the FOS and the OFT.

I expect a suitable response confirming that you've reverted back to the original default date in 2006, within the next 21 days.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally
                            (see here for details on signing digitally)
                            Attached Files

Comment

oooh that took 9 minutes to write - I must be slacking

Comment

In my case they will have even less chance of excusing themselves, as the account balance on 8 March 2011 was £14.71 in credit.

Comment

Working...
                                X