GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statutory demand, DCA or LBA? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statutory demand, DCA or LBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Statutory demand, DCA or LBA?

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

You might as well save the stamp

Plan B x
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Patch and I have turned detective and tracked him down. He was living only streets away from me.
      Alas he's in custody awaiting trial so I would think a LBA will be the least of his worries

You might as well save the stamp.

Plan B x
      Was that recent? I thought that one was last year? As far as I know he was in his shop a few roads away from us on Monday.......

Comment

Also, that quote leads to his name which could lead to identifying us... can it be removed? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          there is no such thing as no win no fee for £500. Sorry - hubby is wrong.

I guarantee that he was not told that. It's not possible and NO solicitor worth it's salt would say that - over £500. Trust me.
          He owes £1,300 but yeah.... I just want to forget it all, even though that £1k would really really come in handy

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
            that quote leads to his name which could lead to identifying us... can it be removed?
            It's okay Patch it isn't a link - I only did a C & P of a couple of lines from the paper. Nothing's identifiable.

You're safe.

Plan B x

Comment

It's okay Patch it isn't a link - I only did a C & P of a couple of lines from the paper. Nothing's identifiable.

You're safe.

Plan B x
              No, if he does a search he will find this thread, and then see all of my debt history, I'd prefer f it was removed.. please? Pretty please with sugar on top...

Comment

if he does a search he will find this thread, and then see all of my debt history, I'd prefer f it was removed.. please? Pretty please with sugar on top...
                Your wish is my command

Plan B x

Comment

Your wish is my command

Plan B x
                  Really? Cool.. I wish that we could have that drink we spoke about a year or so ago!!.... tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... *waits for magic*

Comment

Cool.. I wish that we could have that drink we spoke about a year or so ago!!..
                    I may have inadvertently drunk both yours and mine in the meantime.
                    You know how it is

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Or ask for 50% up front and rest at completion before giving any access. Works for us - in fact it's great (for us) cos then you kinda get paid twice in the space of a couple of weeks
                      The thing is with fraudsters, especially ones in their 70's that have been 'doing it' for years, is they are clever, they know exactly what to say, to do, to get what they want.

It was an ongoing contract, a monthly fee for ongoing work which he agreed to, when he failed to pay I contacted him and he said he was unwell, then in hospital, then abroad, each time promising he was a man of his word and would pay money "rightfully due to you" when he returned, because his first two payments were late by 4 weeks we assumed he was going to pay, then another month was due and his excuses (all lies, we live near him and could see he wasn't abroad or sick) kept on coming, it was then that I decided to Google his name one Sunday morning in bed. I woke hubby up by saying "Oh no.... oh my goodness" when I read the £300k rip off.... and then I found more and more.
                      I kept emailing the guy asking when payment would be made.
                      Suddenly he emailed us back saying he withdrew his request for us to do work for him. No mention pf paying for the two months he owed. He is also telling people we are rubbish, he didn't like the website etc etc.
                      He even had the gall (I think I said above) to call our son and offer him work... lol... he's an asshat!

So anyway, we do ask for 50% up front when we do one off jobs, and we ask for payment in advance for ongoing work. But this geriatric conman managed to beguile us .. like Kaa..... Never again though. New methods in place, I just need to get hubby to forget about the geriatric asshat.

https://youtu.be/F1ILPl5FQaM

Comment

I may have inadvertently drunk both yours and mine in the meantime.
                        You know how it is

Plan B x
                        Well that's mean! lol

Comment

Working...
                        X