GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statutory demand, DCA or LBA? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statutory demand, DCA or LBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Statutory demand, DCA or LBA?

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
    It's a LOT of money for us, but you're right, I doubt he will pay anyway, he hasn't paid the rent on his shop for months either.. I'll write it off.. His site has been closed for weeks with a suspended due to non payment holder up.
    Sadly that seems wise. That's the best approach & I know it's a lot but you learn from it.

Why waste good money chasing bad? He's skint.

We we always get 50% up front and rest at completion before admin password or cPanel access is given. We also hold rights on the domain via nominet.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Now I'm confused . . .

Suspending websites is the norm in this industry though.... He pays for a service, dont pay, no service..
      Would you be out of pocket if the website stays up (albeit you say it's currently suspended) so he can earn the money to pay you what he owes you assuming he's an e-tailer?

Don't be confused, the whole object of a forum is to get a variety of views

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Closing down someone's website could be counterproductive if the site generates the customer's income.

If they can't pay not won't pay, putting them out of business will not get the OP her money even if it gives some momentary satisfaction.

A LBA to prompt serious discussion over recovering a £1,000 debt is not necessarily bonkers especially as a grand may be a lot of money to the OP who is in debt and has children to feed. Hopefully it will result in payment if only by agreed instalments without the need to go to court.

Plan B x
        Totally disagree sorry. Its a unique industry and court action isn't what we do - certainly not through my portal which is AAD.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Would you be out of pocket if the website stays up (albeit you say it's currently suspended) so he can earn the money to pay you what he owes you assuming he's an e-tailer?

Don't be confused, the whole object of a forum is to get a variety of views

Plan B x
          The suspension is likely the hosting company suspending the domain for non payment - we are hosts, is Patch? I don't know.

However you cannot give legal advice when you do not understand the schematics of the industry - this is nothing to do with debt, it is specific to IT and the contracts we use, if ever, are tailored towards suspension - legal action is rarely (if ever) used. We hold rights via suspension options - we don't issue claims.

The moment you sue a non payer you'll get no future business - 100% of my work comes from referrals - my site has earned thousands of views but no direct business.

Comment

I did some digging about..... The man is a crook, he's wanted in another country for fraud and going through court in this country for stealing £400k from a pensioner... ffs how did we get hooked up with him! The things you find on google!!
            He wont pay.
            Based on that new information it may be wise to Google prospective clients before you accept their business in future

# hindsight

Plan B x

Comment

Based on that new information it may be wise to Google prospective clients before you accept their business in future

Or ask for 50% up front and rest at completion before giving any access. Works for us - in fact it's great (for us) cos then you kinda get paid twice in the space of a couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                court action isn't what we do - certainly not through my portal which is AAD.
                Point taken

Comment

Point taken
                  Don't be like that - but we don't. CAG tried getting thousands of people suing banks for reclaiming - look at the trouble that caused. I am vehemently against the legal system and only resort to it as a last resort - too many people I care about (you included) have been shafted by idiots abusing the system and thus no matter whether we are right or wrong it really needs to be a last resort (as you know with the hassles we had a year or so ago - only when libel and hatred started did I instruct top solicitors to issue claims...)

I know you love a good fight but the counter-productive element with this would be patch issuing a claim.

Comment

you cannot give legal advice when you do not understand the schematics of the industry .
                    I don't give advice I share wisdom as per my signature

The OP asked (in the thread title) if she should use a Statutory Demand, Debt Collection Agency or a LBA as a tool to recover money owed to her.

I treated it as a multiple choice question so selected LBA as my answer.

Plan B x

Comment

Why waste good money chasing bad? He's skint.
                      No he's not - he's got £400k in the bank which he swindled out of that poor pensioner

The man is a crook . . . and going through court in this country for stealing £400k from a pensioner...
                      Plan B x

Comment

Ouch. That's naughty - chances are he'd get a custodial for £400k

Comment

I cant see anything on-line about any sentencing.. only that he was in court this year.... his name makes Google spew out all sorts about him... such a liar.

Comment

As you can see from the PM I sent you both (Niddy & PlanB) I doubt we'd get our money anyway. Hubby has found a no win no fee DCA he insists on using. He says he doesn't want him to get away with yet another fraud. HOW has he got away with so many!! Makes me sick.
                            Him not paying us has caused us severe financial difficulty, last month we had to borrow money from my Mother to buy food for goodness sake.. I'm so cross with this guy!

Comment

As you can see from the PM I sent you both (Niddy & PlanB) I doubt we'd get our money anyway. Hubby has found a no win no fee DCA he insists on using. He says he doesn't want him to get away with yet another fraud. HOW has he got away with so many!! Makes me sick.
                              Him not paying us has caused us severe financial difficulty, last month we had to borrow money from my Mother to buy food for goodness sake.. I'm so cross with this guy!
                              there is no such thing as no win no fee for £500. Sorry - hubby is wrong.

I guarantee that he was not told that. It's not possible and NO solicitor worth it's salt would say that - over £500. Trust me.

Comment

Patch and I have turned detective and tracked him down. He was living only streets away from me.
                                Alas he's in custody awaiting trial so I would think a LBA will be the least of his worries

You might as well save the stamp.

Plan B x
                                Last edited by PlanB; 29 October 2015, 18:48. Reason: newspaper quote removed to protect the innocent :)

Comment

Working...
                                X