GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script drydensfairfax letters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drydensfairfax letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drydensfairfax letters

Got your email and replied

That latest letter from Drydens appears gentle. However let's not be fooled.

Niddy is the CCA agreement guru so wait to see what he has to say.

The PPI claims' (or not) history may need explaining a bit more so can you do that on this thread especially in the light of your complaint to the FOS (have I understood that correctly?).

Also as far as I'm aware if you had PPI (which your loan agreement shows you did and the premium was added to the loan upfront ) then any response to your CCA request must include the Ts & Cs relating to that PPI under s.18 CCA. Read this http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ll=1#post10834

Plan B x

Comment

It's temporarily unenforceable as it clearly refers to terms 6, 7, 8 or 9 on the agreement but they're nowhere to be seen so it can be remedied; but I'd be sending the Missing PT's Template off.

You're a member of AAD+ so you'll find it in the UE section of templates
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Many Thanks Niddy, I will get that template and get the letter off

Comment

Many Thanks for your help Plan B
          I will look at the thread you suggest about PPI
          I will have to scan & email the letters to you that I sent to Egg & FOS has it has been an epic struggle, then I can bullet it here. I will sort them and send them at the weekend x

Comment

Originally posted by Anni View Post
            I will have to scan & email the letters to you that I sent to Egg & FOS has it has been an epic struggle, then I can bullet it here. I will sort them and send them at the weekend x
            No need to scan and send me anything urgently in relation to your PPI issues.

Send the template letter Niddy has suggested and we'll take it from there.

We tend to work on a step-by-step process. Much like a chess game

Plan B x

Comment

Hi All
              I sent the CCA Query letter on the 21st June and got a letter back from drydensfairfax dated the 26th June saying they had received my correspondence, the content of which has been noted. "Your account has been placed on temporary hold while we contact our client with details of your query. We will inform you of the outcome as soon as a response is received from our client.
              The next I get a letter dated 3rd August saying "We request that you contact this office immediately on the above number in order to discuss the repayment of your account. We look forward to receiving your call."
              Do I send a letter saying they have not complied with the CCA Query please? Should I also tell them that as far as I am concerned I do not have an account with Arrow? Many Thanks x

Comment

I would just send them a one-liner referring them to your letter of 21st June. There's no need to mention that as far as you're concerned you don't have an account with Arrow, and on no acount phone thyem - everything in writing.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes, that's what I'd do too. I would also mention that the last communication you had from them on xxxx stated that the account was on hold pending consultation with their client and that you've had no response and the required documentation still hasn't been provided.

Elsa xx

Comment

Hi Elsa
                    I have had a letter from drysdens which is quite long wined and confusing so I have emailed copy to you. I think they are saying that they only need a signature, but hey did not send anything other than that. The did not send T&Cs or statement. Should I reply and say they still have not sent everything please? Niddy said earlier not to tell them they had not sent
                    Many Thanks

Comment

Hi Anni,
                      It is confusing they way they've phrased it, but they're not saying they need a signature from you, they are trying to explain, very badly, that they aren't obliged to provide you with a copy of the original agreement bearing your signature.

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Anni View Post
                        Hi Elsa
                        I have had a letter from drysdens which is quite long wined and confusing so I have emailed copy to you. I think they are saying that they only need a signature, but hey did not send anything other than that. The did not send T&Cs or statement. Should I reply and say they still have not sent everything please? Niddy said earlier not to tell them they had not sent
                        Many Thanks
                        If they're in breach of s.78 then they CANNOT enforce (s.78(6)) so now you can sit back & relax. Keep us updated but don't respond to them now until they comply with your request & their obligations under the consumer credit act.

You'll be fine. They are currently in breach of your request so if it were me I'd ignore them now.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you all so much for your help. You are an absolute god-send.
                          Very Best Wishes
                          Anni xxxxxx

Comment

To clarify, I'm not suggesting a member ignores a creditor. Far from it. I'm suggesting that if you tell the creditor they're in breach and the creditor ignores your letter and carries on with their nonsense that you don't need to tell them again. Once is enough.

Its like stalemate. You request the documents. They don't provide them. You tell them they're in default. They ignore you and issue more threats. You can then consider matters at stalemate. You don't need to tell them the same thing 10 times. So all in all you should always stay in touch but whether you have a paper trail or not won't matter in court should a claim be issued.

Different if you've got key evidence that can win your case but in general, the fact you didn't reply to a creditor letter-for-letter won't go against you.

So if a creditor refuses s.78 due to signature / ID issues then use the templates as they're designed for that purpose. Likewise with UE Templates but be careful not to allow the creditor to come out of UE as if they remedy things they could then try and enforce it.

Comment

Hi Niddy & Others
                              I have now received a letter from Drysden, working on behalf of Arrow, threatening legal action if I don't rely in 10 days by the 6th! Only received it today on the 3rd! Although I have told them I have moved and sent all my letters addressed from by new address they continue to send them to my old address! I have redirection by1stclass, so I doubt whether it is taking longer than 1 day to redirect. They use 2nd class U mail which I know takes up to 5 days to reach its destination. On the reverse of the letter payment details are to Drysden not Arrow. I will email to Nindy & Plan B so you can see the full letter and reverse. Best Wishes Anni x

Comment

Send the LBA as detailed in this post -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541856

Comment

Working...
                                X