GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice needed on debt taken out in daughter's name by "friend" - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed on debt taken out in daughter's name by "friend"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice needed on debt taken out in daughter's name by "friend"

How much compensation should Barney's daughter receive? Click image for larger version

Name:	money-pile-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1400748

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      How much compensation should Barney's daughter receive? [ATTACH=CONFIG]12648[/ATTACH]
      Like it CleverClogs! ... Hadn't even thought of that! .... but hey, never mind "daughter's compo" - it's me that's out of pocket having paid off the other account for her- like the idiot I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Barney View Post
        Studio Cards (DCS Debt Collections, who I believe are Studio Cards "in-house" collections)
        They're not, but whence do they send their letters? There are two companies with similar names:
        in Bristol - http://www.debtcollectionservice.co.uk/
        in Mirfield, Yorkshire - http://dcscollect.co.uk/contact-us/

were given full details of the fraud and the Police Fraud reference that was given to me by the Police Fraud Action team.

I was told someone would be in touch from DCS Fraud team, but we heard nothing, until further standard debt chase up letters in late March, April and May. The latter threatening passing on to Moorcroft.
        It would appear that they are being a bit naughty, as the handbook from the FCA (FCA) states quite unequivocally (at CONC 7.14 - link) that they must suspend all collection steps when an alleged debt is genuinely in dispute. There are also rules CONC 7.5.2 and 7.5.3 (link) to consider.

Comment

Like it CleverClogs! ... Hadn't even thought of that! .... but hey, never mind "daughter's compo" - it's me that's out of pocket having paid off the other account for her- like the idiot I am!
          Whilst you are indeed out of pocket, it is your daughter who is being harassed by those jerks.

Comment

They're not, but whence do they send their letters? There are two companies with similar names:

It would appear that they are being a bit naughty, as the handbook from the FCA (FCA) states quite unequivocally (at CONC 7.14 - link) that they must suspend all collection steps when an alleged debt is genuinely in dispute. There are also rules CONC 7.5.2 and 7.5.3 (link) to consider.

Hi CC and thanks

I don't have the correspondence to hand at the moment, but I seem to recall an Accrington, Lancashire address.

Their earlier correspondence was received with a Studio Cards statement included, which also led me to believe they were possibly "in-house". They also very quickly (within seconds) obtained authority, allegedly from Studio Cards, to speak to me (the first time I phoned them after speaking with the Police) and must have access to Studio Cards records, as it was they that also raised the issue that goods were sent to my daughter's address.

All this suggested to me they are intrinsically linked to Studio Cards.

As you say, they are being very naughty by still chasing, as well as demonstrating total incompetence in not dealing with my subsequent calls of complaint.

It is also DCS that advised recently that they would be passing the debt on to Moorcroft if not resolved.

I suspect that Niddy's involvement might well raise some of the issues you have pointed to and put paid to their little games. In Niddy we trust!

Comment

Whilst you are indeed out of pocket, it is your daughter who is being harassed by those jerks.
              I know. I should have put a "wink" emoticon after it.

She is finding it very difficult to deal with the fact that she could have been so monumentally stupid to fall for this whole thing. Hence why it took her so long to pluck up courage to tell me what had happened. She has always been gullible, but has really surpassed herself with this episode.

Comment

She has always been gullible, but has really surpassed herself with this episode.
                There's gullible and then there's gullible...

Like the friend who checked the dictionary he'd just bought when I told him the printers had omitted "gullible".

Comment

Originally Posted by CleverClogs

Hi CC and thanks

I don't have the correspondence to hand at the moment, but I seem to recall an Accrington, Lancashire address.

Their earlier correspondence was received with a Studio Cards statement included, which also led me to believe they were possibly "in-house". They also very quickly (within seconds) obtained authority, allegedly from Studio Cards, to speak to me (the first time I phoned them after speaking with the Police) and must have access to Studio Cards records, as it was they that also raised the issue that goods were sent to my daughter's address.

All this suggested to me they are intrinsically linked to Studio Cards.

As you say, they are being very naughty by still chasing, as well as demonstrating total incompetence in not dealing with my subsequent calls of complaint.

It is also DCS that advised recently that they would be passing the debt on to Moorcroft if not resolved.

I suspect that Niddy's involvement might well raise some of the issues you have pointed to and put paid to their little games. In Niddy we trust!
                  Hi CC

Just checked and It's actually Debt Collection & Security, PO Box 13 Accrington BB6 6LU

(Athough they have now put in hands of Moorcroft.Despitet telling me that wouldn't happen when I last spoke to them!)

Comment

Just checked and It's actually Debt Collection & Security, PO Box 13 Accrington BB6 6LU
                    Well, they do seem to have been a bit naughty.

Whilst they did hold a valid Licence from the Office of Faffing and Twaddling, none of their notified addresses was within throwing distance of Postman Pat's cat away from Accrington, even if the poor moggy had been hurled by a trebuchet.

I've also checked them by name, postcode, and OFT Licence Number in the Fundamentally Clueless Authority's Interim Register, and could find no trace of them.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Whilst they did hold a valid Licence from the Office of Faffing and Twaddling, none of their notified addresses was within throwing distance of Postman Pat's cat away from Accrington, even if the poor moggy had been hurled by a trebuchet.

I've also checked them by name, postcode, and OFT Licence Number in the Fundamentally Clueless Authority's Interim Register, and could find no trace of them.
                      Ooh! Now that does seem naughty. Wonder what Niddy will make of it. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Sorry, typo - postcode for Debt Collection & Security should have read BB5 6LU not BB6. The return address on the back of their envelopes is Clayton Business Park, Clayton Le Moors BB5 5JY

Comment

Sorry, typo - postcode for Debt Collection & Security should have read BB5 6LU not BB6. The return address on the back of their envelopes is Clayton Business Park, Clayton Le Moors BB5 5JY
                          Thank you - that it certainly most remarkable, as it would seem to suggest that the alleged creditors are a pack of liars.

That is NOT the postcode for DCS.

It IS the postcode for Studio, Studio Cards, Webb Ivory and other trading names of Express Gifts Limited.

Please see the attachments.

Mr Milne seems to have learned his trade at Freemans plc and/or Grattan plc...
                          Attached Files

Comment

I've sorted a response for the OP so lets see what happens - you're all barking up the wrong tree, we don't care about the firm and regulation - we want this debt sorted so that's the main achievement here.......

Cloggy they are all properly regulated at Express Gifts

We are going after the OC - Express, DCS and Moorcroft are irrelevant ** RIGHT NOW ** - we'll come back to those two later
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you - that it certainly most remarkable, as it would seem to suggest that the alleged creditors are a pack of liars.

That is NOT the postcode for DCS.

It IS the postcode for Studio, Studio Cards, Webb Ivory and other trading names of Express Gifts Limited.

Please see the attachments.

Mr Milne seems to have learned his trade at Freemans plc and/or Grattan plc...
                              So I was correct with my assumption that DCS are Studio Cards own debt collection team arm after all? Hmm, all very underhand it seems.

Thanks again for the research.

Comment

So I was correct with my assumption that DCS are Studio Cards own debt collection team arm after all? Hmm, all very underhand it seems.

Thanks again for the research.
                                yes I told you this on email lol.

But now you have the whole history. Nice one
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X