GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice needed re a Trustcard Account, DCA, Default Notices and Other Matters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed re a Trustcard Account, DCA, Default Notices and Other Matters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA resurrecting a written off account

Originally posted by Spector View Post
    Yes, I received default notices. josie888 reviewed both and said that the earlier one was valid but the 2010 one was not.
    Ahhhh you're talking a formal demand for payment under s.88 CCA - NOT your credit record which is what I thought you meant so don't worry. Forget I asked.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Advice needed re a Trustcard Account, DCA, Default Notices and Other Matters

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Ok, as you've not sent a CCA for a while, send a new request ( http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request ) ONLY is Cabot are still chasing you about this - if they're leaving you alone and not really being nasty then just leave it alone and do nothing. But if they're bugging you / harassing you for payment then send a new CCA and £1.

Keep us updated
      Thanks, Niddy

No I haven't heard from them regarding this account since they acknowledged receipt of my CCA request in Aug 2013.

So I should continue to pay the token amount each month and only send a further CCA request if they start to hassle me?

Thanks again

Spector

Comment

The reason that I connect the 2010 Default Notice with my credit record is that whilst that appears on my credit file my wife can't get a cheque book bank account due to the financial association with me. We would also probably have difficulty changing internet service provider or getting phone contracts as well.

That would be fair enough if that was when the default should stand from but the real date is 2003 and the 2010 Default Notice was, I suspect, concocted in order to prepare to sell the account or at least to keep an old debt live with the credit reference agencies.

My dilemma is that at least the 2010 version is not valid if C a b o t attempted to use it in legal proceedings.

Does any of that make sense?
        Last edited by Spector; 15 October 2014, 01:58. Reason: To expand on what I originally wrote

Comment

Re: Advice needed re a Trustcard Account, DCA, Default Notices and Other Matters

Thanks, Niddy

No I haven't heard from them regarding this account since they acknowledged receipt of my CCA request in Aug 2013.

So I should continue to pay the token amount each month and only send a further CCA request if they start to hassle me?

Thanks again

Spector
          Send for the cca. That's all. Then we'll see what comes back.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The reason that I connect the 2010 Default Notice with my credit record is that whilst that appears on my credit file my wife can't get a cheque book bank account due to the financial association with me. We would also probably have difficulty changing internet service provider or getting phone contracts as well.

That would be fair enough if that was when the default should stand from but the real date is 2003 and the 2010 Default Notice was, I suspect, concocted in order to prepare to sell the account or at least to keep an old debt live with the credit reference agencies.

My dilemma is that at least the 2010 version is not valid if C a b o t attempted to use it in legal proceedings.

Does any of that make sense?
            no you're way off.

1. A default issued under s.87/88 is nothing to do with CRA's;
            2. A CRA entry stays for 6 years. If the account was defaulted in 2003 in any format do you have evidence? And specifically did you ever see it on your credit file? Forget the default notices - they're irrelevant here

**** note - please stop leaving spaces in words. Our filter misses tags when you write like that. Please write Cabot as that.

Comment

Sorry about the spaces in words. I won't do it again. Just part of the paranoia that they will identify me from the level of detail provided - presumably they will routinely scan this forum for their name?

I assumed that the serving of a default notice that could not be satisfied meant that the account was automatically defaulted? No, I don't have evidence that the original default notice was registered with the credit reference agencies. I don't think I was aware that I could obtain a copy of my credit reference file in those days. I don't think, from recollection, that a termination notice was served in 2003 or 2010. What other evidence would there be?

I must admit that I am totally confused now. What was the significance of josie888's comments in post #25 of this thread if default notices are not relevant? Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult. I just don't understand.

Comment

1. Your threads are quite safe. Logout then try and read a thread. You'll get warned to register so no Cabot don't read AAD / Your threads;
                2. I still think you're confusing the word default. You do realise when a lender defaults you for non payment via s.87/88 that does NOT add a default to your credit file. You could have a default in your credit file after 3 months but the lender may not formally demand repayment (via s.87/88) for years later. They are not linked in any shape or form;
                3. Josie was talking about the actual default notice that was served as being invalid. A lender can remedy that by issuing a new DN at any time (as you've found out) so in essence it plays no significance to either of your accounts on AAD whatsoever.

read this --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974

Comment

Thank you. I have read that now.

No I didn't realise the difference which is why I was using the wrong terminology and going off at a tangent. I thought that perhaps the existence of the two s87 notices would enable me to get the default date with the credit reference agencies changed to the earlier one. But your link has explained how wrong I was.

Comment

What default date shows on your credit file? Thing is it must be defaulted properly. They can't add a record to the CRA 3 years after termination/default (s.87/88)....

Maybe be it has been duplicated which us what I'm fishing for.

Comment

I think I was just working under a series of misapprehensions.

The 2010 s.87/88 notice was dated 9th July 2010 and the CRA default was registered on 8th October 2010.

Comment

I think I was just working under a series of misapprehensions.

The 2010 s.87/88 notice was dated 9th July 2010 and the CRA default was registered on 8th October 2010.
                        Ok that is a correct entry then so it'll vanish totally in Nov 2016 regardless of settled / satisfied dates.

Comment

Great, thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Working...
                          X