GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice needed re a Trustcard Account, DCA, Default Notices and Other Matters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed re a Trustcard Account, DCA, Default Notices and Other Matters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice needed re a Trustcard Account, DCA, Default Notices and Other Matters

Hi Spector, any news on this yet?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Advice needed re a Trustcard Account, DCA, Default Notices and Other Matters

Hi nightwatch

I've sent off a CCA request to Cabot and have received an acknowledgement. That's it so far. Long way to go.

Spector

Comment

Re: DCA resurrecting a written off account

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        That looks pretty watertight to me

Why not send a copy of that Consent Order to Cabot.

Tell them you've not made any payment on the account recently so you are "at a loss to understand why they have made this assertion".

I would also tell them to clarify what "updates" they have made to your CRA files. I've seen an awesome letter composed by Andrew to send to rogue creditors who foolishly make inaccurate reports . . . .
        Thank you, PlanB

I will send Cabot a copy of the Consent Order.

I also made a SAR to them on another matter last year and I'm sure that I found a note closing the account in their records. I can't find the CD which contained all the processed data or the letter with the code to access the disk at the moment but I will.

However, the fact that I believe this exists in their files is further reason for me to feel that they are now up to something.

Where would I be able to find a copy of Andrew's letter?

Thanks again

Spector

Comment

Originally posted by Spector View Post
          I also made a SAR to them on another matter last year and I'm sure that I found a note closing the account in their records. I can't find the CD which contained all the processed data or the letter with the code to access the disk at the moment but I will.
          Uh oh. What was the "other matter" which you raised on the account last year which may have re-activated a closed account?

This may be relevant to your current situation.

Was it a PPI refund or something similar?

Comment

I have been extremely unwell and, TBH, I couldn't face a battle. I haven't received the credit agreement from C a b o t but I am ashamed to say that I ignored advice from very good and decent posters on this forum and I haven't stopped paying the token amount to Lloyds TSB who, I believe, pass it on to C a b o t. After the experience of C a b o t commencing proceedings previously I just didn't have the energy or appetite to risk the possibility of legal proceedings. Perhaps I need to rethink my position.
            You've no need to rethink your position yet unless something happens.

Paying Lloyds a token amount to buy you peace of mind while you struggle with your health and other stuff makes sense. Think of it as *hush* money. Lloyds are running an extortion racket and you're paying them to leave you alone.

We'll help you tackle that debt when you're ready

Comment

Thank you again PlanB

It's comforting to communicate with understanding people.

I know that I have to face up to the Trustcard business at some stage cos it's not going to go away.

It's just good to know you are not alone.

Spector

Comment

It *might* go away. Weirder things have happened and trustcard is old so you never know - all may not be as it seems (unless they've got judgment or it's enforceable).
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you, Niddy

This type of thing doesn't normally go away for me and I realise that I am just avoiding dealing with it. I would push the DCA to produce the agreement but I am worried that it would turn out to be enforceable. Is there a pattern to when specific lenders issued enforceable / unenforceable agreements eg TSB Trustcard in 1996?

Comment

No pattern sadly. It's an individual basis mate. No two accounts are the same.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy

Pity. It's surprising. You'd think that each lender would either have a consistently correct credit agreement or a consistently flawed one at any given time.

I'm thinking that it may be time to chase up C a b o t about that other credit agreement. They are 13 months late.

Comment

Well if you think about it in an average year a credit card firm could have anywhere from 1-50 different products. Therefore the terms differ that greatly that we always say never compare. You could get two people, exact same credit score, secure job, homeowner, same age etc applying for the same product at the same time yet one could be declined, offered better rates, offered a gold / platinum version etc etc whilst the other could get better rates/worse rates/same rate and/or different limits or cards.

See how easy it is to confuse things if you try and compare..?

Comment

Yes, I understand what you are saying. I must admit I can often take an extremely simplistic view of things. But life is never that simple.

Comment

I'm thinking that it may be time to chase up C a b o t about that other credit agreement. They are 13 months late.
                            Chase in what way? Do you mean you have a CCA request outstanding for 13 months, in which case I'd not chase them unless they're chasing you.

Comment

Hi PlanB

Yes, there is a CCA request that has been outstanding all that time. However, I am continuing to make a token monthly payment to Trustcard (who, I believe, forward it to the DCA). So everything is drifting along but I will need to do something at some stage?

Thank you

Spector

Comment

Hi PlanB

Yes, there is a CCA request that has been outstanding all that time. However, I am continuing to make a token monthly payment to Trustcard (who, I believe, forward it to the DCA). So everything is drifting along but I will need to do something at some stage?

Thank you

Spector
                                Oh you're paying into this - can you please remind us the details as per this post --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ull=1#post5922

Comment

Working...
                                X