GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt with Very. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt with Very.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt with Very.

Okay, an update..
    Received this from very today..

Dear xxxxx
    Further to your letter received on 18th june 2013 I confirm that we have already provided you with the following in our letter dated 11th june.

i. A signed copy of your credit agreement, sent to you at the time of opening your account, and,
    2. A copy of your current credit agreement, which includes all applicable contractual variants and amendments that have taken place since your account was opened.

We have therefore satisfied your request in accordance with the consumer credit act 1974.

According to our records the current outstanding balance on your account is now £1661.28 and an amount of £214.40 has become payable but remains unpaid.

You agreed to make payments every 28 days in accordance with the terms of your agreement.

I'd therefore like to take this opportunity to remind you that such payments must be made by you in order to avoid default charges.

It just goes on to say contact them blah blah blah.

So what do you think the best way forward is now? shall I send a letter offering reduced payments? That seems to be my only choice as far as I can see.

I don't expect an answer from anyone tonight, but hopefully you'll read this in the morning..

Thanks everyone. x
    Last edited by Sophie; 25 June 2013, 21:18.
    ''You know nothing Jon Snow''

Comment

Just ignore it.... see what they send next
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sophie View Post
        I don't expect an answer from anyone tonight, but hopefully you'll read this in the morning..
        We are 24/7 at AAD you know
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Just ignore it.... see what they send next
          Ok Niddy, if you think that's best..
          We are 24/7 at AAD you know
          Thankyou Niddy..

Comment

Hi everyone, I know it's been a long time but just thought I'd give an update.
            I wrote to Very twice, offering reduced payments but both letters were ignored. Just before Christmas I had a letter from Capquest saying they'd bought my debt.
            Had another letter from them this morning, this is what it says.

Dear xxxxxx
            As you will be aware your account is being processed for legal action.
            Your account has been selected for a one time solution to settle your account.

Our plan is simple
            1. You agree to pay an amount of your choosing by direct debit or another method that may suit you.
            2. For each payment that is received in line with the arrangement made, we will credit your account with an amount equal to 30% of your payment. that is to say, if you pay £50 we will credit your account with another £15.

If you comply with the arrangement you will save at least £400

Please contact our collections line to accept the plan or if you have any questions we will assist you.
            This offer will remain open until the 12th Jan when it will be withdrawn.

We hope that you seriously consider this proposal.

I've never heard of a debt company doing this before, is this right? and should I take them up on this offer?

Thanks in advance.
            x

Comment

Hiya, yea this is normal but we can get that deal bettered for you - how much is the debt again, and are you able to make an offer?

Comment

Hiya, yea this is normal but we can get that deal bettered for you - how much is the debt again, and are you able to make an offer?
                Hi Niddy,
                Well with interest it's now £1755.93
                I can make an offer but as things are at the moment it would only be £10 a month.

Comment

Ahh but is this UE ie you're not making any payments? If so then might be best to leave it, if £10 is all you can afford.....

Comment

No, you told me last year it was enforcible but was just blagging for a while, now I've had this letter not sure what to do.

Comment

Can you send a new CCA request off, to that dca. Let's see what they have now.....

Comment

Can you send a new CCA request off, to that dca. Let's see what they have now.....
                        Yes I can do that, at least it may buy me a bit more time if it comes to a push I may be able to stretch to £20 a month, but no more than that.
                        Thank you Niddy, I'll get that printed off today and posted.
                        x

Comment

Oh sod that, if a tenner is what you can afford then a tenner is what we'd agree..... It'll be fine, just send a new CCA

Comment

Ok great keep us updated and email me the response to the new CCA

Comment

Oh sod that, if a tenner is what you can afford then a tenner is what we'd agree..... It'll be fine, just send a new CCA
                              Lol, ok, just printed it off, will go and get a £1 postal order now and get it posted.

Thanks Nid..xx

Comment

Ok great keep us updated and email me the response to the new CCA
                                I will Niddy. x

Comment

Working...
                                X