GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt with Very. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt with Very.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt with Very.

Hello everyone.
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this, I'm really worried and don't know what to do.
    Ok, well I've been with Very catalogue for quite a few years now and have never missed a payment, until now.
    I've been paying £100 a month-I owe roughly £1400, but now my hours have been cut at work and it's impossible to keep up with these payments..my next payment was due today and I've missed it, so am expecting a phone call from them. I've set my phone to answer machine.
    I really don't know what to do next, hope you guys can help and advise.
    Thankyou in advance.
    ''You know nothing Jon Snow''

Re: Debt with Very.

Hi Sophie

* for info I know this user

Is this your only debt? Are you able to recommence payments in the future or are you wanting to consider UE with this?

Don't worry though, you'll be fine.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes it's my only debt Niddy, I'm not sure what I want to do..I was reading someone's diary about Very and it all seemed so complicated..it also seemed that they are unwilling to take smaller payments.

(sorry, I can't remember whose diary it was)

Comment

Originally posted by Sophie View Post
        Yes it's my only debt Niddy, I'm not sure what I want to do..I was reading someone's diary about Very and it all seemed so complicated..it also seemed that they are unwilling to take smaller payments.

(sorry, I can't remember whose diary it was)
        it's frequent - they cause a lot of grief so it might be better to argue for CCA you know..... up to you ultimately what you do though, but coming to some sort of repayment with them isn't always the best thing to do but if £1400 will knacker your credit file then you need to decide if you want it temporarily knackered with a couple of late payments or whether you want it fully defaulted by going down UE path.

Decisions decisions...
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          it's frequent - they cause a lot of grief so it might be better to argue for CCA you know..... up to you ultimately what you do though, but coming to some sort of repayment with them isn't always the best thing to do but if £1400 will knacker your credit file then you need to decide if you want it temporarily knackered with a couple of late payments or whether you want it fully defaulted by going down UE path.

Decisions decisions...
          To be honest I'm not bothered about my credit rating being shot to pieces, I don't want to get in debt again!
          I can't see my job prospects improving anytime soon, so there's no way I'll be able to resume payments anyway, and if I send small amounts is it worth it if it doesn't dent my debt.

Comment

To be honest I'm not bothered about my credit rating being shot to pieces, I don't want to get in debt again!
            I can't see my job prospects improving anytime soon, so there's no way I'll be able to resume payments anyway, and if I send small amounts is it worth it if it doesn't dent my debt.
            If that's the case I'd be sending a ------> CCA Request
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As Deepie says, why not send a CCA request then and see what that does

Comment

As Deepie says, why not send a CCA request then and see what that does
                I'm not that familiar with all these terms. does that mean my original agrement with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                  If that's the case I'd be sending a ------> CCA Request
                  Ah thanks Deepie, I've just clicked on your link..

Comment

Hi Sophie,
                    Just wanted to say Welcome to AAD.
                    I know its worrying for you, but you really are in good hands here.
                    When i found AAD i had five creditors on my case totaling around 15K and thought there was no way out. It kept churning over and over in my mind. AAD puts the power back to the people.
                    Yes, they will call you (its best not speak with them) and write to you - but that's it. £1400 is not a lot so I would be interested to hear what they actually do about it other than nag you.
                    All the best, try not to worry and keep us all posted.

Best,
                    Missy.
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm not that familiar with all these terms. does that mean my original agrement with them?
                      yep

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                        Hi Sophie,
                        Just wanted to say Welcome to AAD.
                        I know its worrying for you, but you really are in good hands here.
                        When i found AAD i had five creditors on my case totaling around 15K and thought there was no way out. It kept churning over and over in my mind. AAD puts the power back to the people.
                        Yes, they will call you (its best not speak with them) and write to you - but that's it. £1400 is not a lot so I would be interested to hear what they actually do about it other than nag you.
                        All the best, try not to worry and keep us all posted.

Best,
                        Missy.
                        Aww thank you Missy, I know it doesn't seem a lot when you hear other peoples stories but when it's actually you it just seems overwhelming doesn't it?
                        I do feel a little better with everyone here on my side..xx

yep
                        Ok Niddy, I'll get that sorted over the weekend and see what happens..I really can't remember if I signed an agreement or not it was that long ago.

Comment

Have a look at this ------> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=112

Comment

Aww thank you Missy, I know it doesn't seem a lot when you hear other peoples stories but when it's actually you it just seems overwhelming doesn't it?
                            I do feel a little better with everyone here on my side..xx
                            that's so true - we often hear things happening to others, but when it happens to us it - even when its "not half as bad" as others - it hits home.

Everyone on AAD will support you and help you get the best possible outcome on this.
                            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                              Oh blimey that sounds encouraging, did it take a long time to get to that closure I wonder?

Comment

Working...
                              X