GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cancelling SCS Contract - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelling SCS Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cancelling SCS Contract

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    It is all brilliant advice Flossy so it is not waffle, lets hope mrcc follows the advice eh?
    Thanks Vossy x

Comment

Originally posted by Flossy View Post
      DO NOT GIVE UP.....

You are not an idiot for using SCS. I did the same as you and as many of others have done and used a big firm that you would expect to receive good quality items from. Unfortunately, SCS are not as described above! They will look for every way possible to stop you from cancelling this agreement as they will have already been paid from Barclays for the sofa and bare in mind these sales guys including the manager (who sold me mine) are also there for the extra money as they only get paid a basic wage and rely on people like us to buy from them to get the commission. As soon as you have walked out of there they will have had the finance agreement set up, been paid while they sit there rubbing their hands together!

They have not had a sofa MADE for you in the time scale you have said. It would take longer than that to be 'made' from scratch. As the agreement was only done a few days ago and as Niddy has said that ringing the manager up asap needs to be done. The manager will avoid you at all costs and give you a bullshit story of how you cant cancel the order. As I have said earlier you are in a good position as you have not got the goods yet. (sorry I asked loads of questions before reading your diary properly but I just wanted you to clarify everything so I knew exactly where you are up to with it all)... You do not accept the goods when they say they will deliver.

I will get the link for you for SCS own T&C's that they do not put on your contract but do apply! They have them on their website in a hope that you will only look at the piece of paper they have given you!

The link below is a brilliant link of the OFT guidelines. I was given this link on my diary about SCS from a member called Salt n vinegar. It is very useful and tells you exactly what is fair for the customer and the consumer.

I will keep my eye on this thread and hope you haven't given up and you intend to just accept the goods... DONT. You can get out of this and believe me if you dont do it before you get the sofa then it will be a nightmare trying to get them to get it back out of your house... I know as I am still trying to get them to take mine back 2 years on!

Any further information you can give me would be great and I will get the information you will need to stop the order. If you have any other questions just PM me or post up and I will get back to you. Keep positive and we will all help you as much as we can.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advic.../sogaexplained
      Hi Flossy, and thank you for your great replies on this thread.

I am almost accepting that I wont be able to get out of it, but I can try I suppose. However, there is no indication that the goods I ordered are stock or made to order - if I can prove this then I have a strong case I guess.

thanks

Comment

I always thought a stock item is exactly that - in stock or at least in a warehouse that you can have your goods delivered from in a few days, made to order was order it from China and see it in 8 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
          I always thought a stock item is exactly that - in stock or at least in a warehouse that you can have your goods delivered from in a few days, made to order was order it from China and see it in 8 weeks.
          Well it says on the sales document that it should be here in 6 weeks, but they never signed that document, does that mean I don't have any leverage?

Comment

Originally posted by mrcc View Post
            Well it says on the sales document that it should be here in 6 weeks, but they never signed that document, does that mean I don't have any leverage?
            I don't know anything about these contracts, but common sense is not included anywhere by the look of it, clearly it is not a stock item.

Comment

Working...
            X