GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA demand letter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA demand letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA demand letter

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
    are you still seeing the defaults on your credit file?
    i've never checked or felt the need to as i've never been refused credit for years. All this stuff with the DCA has only happened in the last few weeks.
    As I stated in my original post i'd completely forgotten about this debt as i'd never had any contact since 2000 -just got on with life!!

Comment

right I;m asking because normally this would be showing as an arrangement to pay, so despite the default falling off, it would still show as an arrangement, therefore alerting possible creditors that you had a less than pristine credit file even although they couldn't see see a default because it will have fallen off.
      so if you are getting credit it is unlikely to be showing
      which begs the question why not?
      I'm coming around to the thought that it may be better to ignore this letter entirely and wait and see what happens, it is a phishing expedition and if you don't bite...........

Comment

right I;m asking because normally this would be showing as an arrangement to pay, so despite the default falling off, it would still show as an arrangement, therefore alerting possible creditors that you had a less than pristine credit file even although they couldn't see see a default because it will have fallen off.
        so if you are getting credit it is unlikely to be showing
        which begs the question why not?
        I'm coming around to the thought that it may be better to ignore this letter entirely and wait and see what happens, it is a phishing expedition and if you don't bite...........
        i think its because this debt is attached to a previous address not my current address.

Ignore it - that was my original thought because there is no link to me from that address to to my current one - they've traced me via my name (its quite unusual) and location. No one has traced me for twelve years - why now??

i assume that as this is a first demand (previous letter just asked if i lived at my old address and i ignored it) that the next letters i get will not be ccj papers - thats my big concern.

any further thoughts ??
        Last edited by Fraser01; 5 May 2012, 20:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraser01 View Post
          As I stated in my original post i'd completely forgotten about this debt as i'd never had any contact since 2000 -just got on with life!!
          Then chances are it's SB - why concern yourself...?
          Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 5 May 2012, 20:22. Reason: removed dca name
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Normally , we would hope a debt this old would UE, so you can go down that road, but because you've been paying, you've been keep ing this debt alive, so it won't be statute barred until 2018 as long as you don't pay anything and don't acknowledge it in writing.
            so your choices at the moment are recognise this is a phishing expedition and ignore until they come back with something a bit more concrete
            or
            send the CCA, establish that it is UE, tell em to take a hike and fend them off with our help until it goes SB in 2018
            certainly don't pay anything at the moment

I suspect that when you got your car finance, they would hav searched your file and added the new address, hence the DCA found you

Comment

Niddy the OP has been paying until jan 2012, so it won't be SB until 2018

Comment

but because you've been paying, you've been keep ing this debt alive
                Niddy the OP has been paying until jan 2012, so it won't be SB until 2018
                Missed that

Ignore the SB comment above
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Then chances are it's SB - why concern yourself...?
                  Sorry , i mean't no contact - letters , calls etc
                  I've been paying £2 per month by S/o for 12 years

and yes it is.
                  Last edited by Pixie; 5 May 2012, 20:25. Reason: removed dca name from quote

Comment

Originally posted by Fraser01 View Post
                    Sorry , i mean't no contact - letters , calls etc
                    I've been paying £2 per month by S/o for 12 years

and yes it is.

I do wish people wouldn't pay £2p/m as all it's done is keep it alive doing nothing. Send for the CCA now - we'll have to chase UE (if you're up for that) cos you can't do much else now, even if you settle the default/CRA info will remain.

That said, have you ever been formally defaulted - if so then your credit file should be empty and then you could just ignore the fuckers (as they couldn't get another default).....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

I do wish people wouldn't pay £2p/m as all it's done is keep it alive doing nothing. Send for the CCA now - we'll have to chase UE (if you're up for that) cos you can't do much else now, even if you settle the default/CRA info will remain.

That said, have you ever been formally defaulted - if so then your credit file should be empty and then you could just ignore the fuckers (as they couldn't get another default).....
                      Didn't know any better back then - no access to sites like this!

Yes - defaulted in 1996 and 1998 - i have copies.

So ignore for the moment or CCA ??? which is best do you think??

Comment

personally I'd ignore for now and see what happens, it doesn't preclude you from sending a CCA if they get heavy

up to you really

Comment

personally I'd ignore for now and see what happens, it doesn't preclude you from sending a CCA if they get heavy

up to you really
                          Thanks, i'll do that for now and see what happens.

i assume i'll get further letters before any actual court papers arrive on the door mat? - that's my only worry about ignoring the letter.

Comment

no guarantees but yes you would hope so

they'd look like right eejits taking this pile of poo in front of a judge

Comment

I agree with evenlessdopey and ignore it. I've been ignoring some of mine for the last couple of years and they haven't taken me to court.

It's highly unlikely that you would get court papers without further communication from them.

If they send anything else just let us know.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks 'all' - much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X