GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA Gold
    replied
    Re: Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Yea that is a fob off - might be a decline.... remember todays date, 14th June - see what date the rejection letter is dated

If I am wrong and it is an accept then that would mean underwriting are extremely busy.

When I last applied I called several times and eventually spoke to underwriting who told me I had too many defaults

I explained they weren't mine and they said to get them removed then they'd consider it - I told him to shove it up his japsy.

Tosser
    Will do mate, i guess the manual review only takes a minute or two for someone to take a manual look at credit file and that the person i spoke with didn't want to be the bearer.....

Ah, that's a shitter mate, but i see you are doing OK card wise elsewhere

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by missy View Post
    Just called them and they said the application has gone for further checks which can take up to 10 days. Ah well, call again on Monday
    Yea that is a fob off - might be a decline.... remember todays date, 14th June - see what date the rejection letter is dated

If I am wrong and it is an accept then that would mean underwriting are extremely busy.

When I last applied I called several times and eventually spoke to underwriting who told me I had too many defaults

I explained they weren't mine and they said to get them removed then they'd consider it - I told him to shove it up his japsy.

Tosser

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Can be hit/miss depends who answers really.
    Just called them and they said the application has gone for further checks which can take up to 10 days. Ah well, call again on Monday

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

If you call just say you applied online earlier and managed to copy the ref number but missed what the screen said - can they give you an update on your application. If they try and fob you off to wait just say again, you are unsure of whether the app correctly sent so you want an update.

They will tell you eventually. Can be hit/miss depends who answers really.
    mate that's a quality reason and not just the usual chase-up (which of course it is )

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Thanks mate, i'll give them a buzz later and let you know the outcome. Fingers crossed
    If you call just say you applied online earlier and managed to copy the ref number but missed what the screen said - can they give you an update on your application. If they try and fob you off to wait just say again, you are unsure of whether the app correctly sent so you want an update.

They will tell you eventually. Can be hit/miss depends who answers really.

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Good luck mate - that has gone to manual review, nothing new there - happens a lot.

Give them a call after 3pm and chase it - if accepted they'll tell you there and then

Or wait if you hate being rejected on the phone (like me) - assuming it is a rejection of course. If it is don't worry, it's all part of the process - sometimes a second/third application stands you in better stead for approval
    Thanks mate, i'll give them a buzz later and let you know the outcome. Fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

ah know that feeling!

See attached mate. Fingers crossed, i guess its gone for human review?
    Good luck mate - that has gone to manual review, nothing new there - happens a lot.

Give them a call after 3pm and chase it - if accepted they'll tell you there and then

Or wait if you hate being rejected on the phone (like me) - assuming it is a rejection of course. If it is don't worry, it's all part of the process - sometimes a second/third application stands you in better stead for approval

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

I have some chips and a wrap (£3) - my daughter/mates add to it
    ah know that feeling!

regards creation, don't worry if they knock you back, just diary 6 months and reapply then - you should be fine (if they do decline you now) - it should be instant anyway
    See attached mate. Fingers crossed, i guess its gone for human review?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

DD's for both changed to minimum, Google calendar set to remind me to log in and pay extra via debit card

I shall do mate, and report back with the outcome.
    Thanks, you are a real Gem and fountain of knowledge on such things

That's how much maccy dee's i need to fill me up too! I think its about 2 big macs and 2 chips normally.
    I have some chips and a wrap (£3) - my daughter/mates add to it

regards creation, don't worry if they knock you back, just diary 6 months and reapply then - you should be fine (if they do decline you now) - it should be instant anyway

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Well the way to beat the shitty sub-prime interest is to let the DD go out at minimum level then the day after go in and pay online the remainder - you know with both Crappy1 & Vanquis you can pay online?

Crappy1 -- Log in and look at the base (see image below - highlighted blue)
    Vanquis -- Login
    DD's for both changed to minimum, Google calendar set to remind me to log in and pay extra via debit card

I would go and apply to creation this week if it were me....

I know of people who get accepted with current defaults 2+ years old - but not guaranteed.....
    I shall do mate, and report back with the outcome.
    Thanks, you are a real Gem and fountain of knowledge on such things
    Based on my screen print above, you can see I paid £5.91 as last payment - this was the trailing balance after the £5 DD went out (leaving £0).

That's how I do it - I only bought a Maccy Dee at £10 lol
    That's how much maccy dee's i need to fill me up too! I think its about 2 big macs and 2 chips normally.
    Last edited by SA Gold; 14 June 2013, 08:47.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Based on my screen print above, you can see I paid £5.91 as last payment - this was the trailing balance after the £5 DD went out (leaving £0).

That's how I do it - I only bought a Maccy Dee at £10 lol

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

if you were me, would you apply for one with my current bank (Lloyds) or go straight to a decent one i can transfer the balance of current Mastercard at 0% - like the ones Halifax are currently doing?
    I would go and apply to creation this week if it were me....

I know of people who get accepted with current defaults 2+ years old - but not guaranteed.....

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Ah, right, i see Nid. I'm actually doing that (as a result of your advice in another thread ) with a Mastercard which i've kept running sweet for about 6 years now. Usually no more than about £400 on it (limit 2K). DD pays the minimum and then if i get any surplus money that month - pay via debit card, sometimes £20, £30.
    Reason i haven't done it with Granite and Cap1 is due to the humongous interest rates, although i guess if there is only ever a small balance on it won't equate to much anyway.
    Well the way to beat the shitty sub-prime interest is to let the DD go out at minimum level then the day after go in and pay online the remainder - you know with both Crappy1 & Vanquis you can pay online?

Crappy1 -- Log in and look at the base (see image below - highlighted blue)
    Vanquis -- Login

Click image for larger version

Name:	dd.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1394478

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

I mean not sub-prime card history. So a bank account OD, a mobile phone, a credit card (sub prime or not) all help your general profile score.
    Got ya.
    I have an OD with Lloyds which i dip in too from time to time.
    O2 contract paid on the dot since 2009 (well it was a gift for the GF who took over the DD )
    Prime Mastercard with good history.

You however want to get off sub-prime and into prime so if I was you the next card I would go for would be from my bank. OR at least a Creation card like I suggested the other day on another thread (wasn't you but sure you seen it)....

--> 0% Balance Transfer - allaboutFORUMS

Creation is the next step to prime, plus you get £1000 limits upwards usually (as new customer) with frequent increments to your limit. It's a better card to get than Crappy1 - put it that way.

I would apply there sooner than later so that the search won't affect you too much in a few months.
    I did indeed see and read that thread with interest (and posted too ).
    Plan is to apply for a "bank credit card" in the new year (last default entry will be 3 years this December) - if you were me, would you apply for one with my current bank (Lloyds) or go straight to a decent one i can transfer the balance of current Mastercard at 0% - like the ones Halifax are currently doing?

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

That's not always best, I did say pay off more than the minimum - not pay in full.

Paying in full is not actually a good thing to creditors, bet you never expected that! it shows no risk level and pretty much negates any positives you build up from paying monthly. I tend to say set up a DD for the minimum payment then each month after your payment has been paid via DD, simply pay extra to lower the balance - this works better and also reports at the CRA that you paid MORE than the required amount. Paying in full shows the CRA that the balance is £0 - so other people searching you may think it is a dormant account and not being used.

Ah, right, i see Nid. I'm actually doing that (as a result of your advice in another thread ) with a Mastercard which i've kept running sweet for about 6 years now. Usually no more than about £400 on it (limit 2K). DD pays the minimum and then if i get any surplus money that month - pay via debit card, sometimes £20, £30.
    Reason i haven't done it with Granite and Cap1 is due to the humongous interest rates, although i guess if there is only ever a small balance on it won't equate to much anyway.

Edit: Just reading post #36; we were typing at the same time
    Last edited by SA Gold; 14 June 2013, 08:23.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X