GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Please help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help

Have you actually spoken to a professional body about your problems, all in all it may be that a formal approach could be best here, ie insolvency.

I would be looking to speak to a proper debt advisory service such as CAB or National Debtline even, just for some neutral advice regards formally closing your debts - horrible word called bankruptcy.

As most the debts are relatively new, there isn't much we can expect from haggling repayments, it'd take forever and a day to clear so maybe just maybe you should consider the more formal approach and wipe the slate clean - it'll also benefit your health dramatically.

Best of Luck

Niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya

Have you read this section on Uneforceability.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4

If you have credit cards pre 2007 and you have already been defaulted on them it may be worth having a read of this.

Comment

Thanks Niddy, All I have felt strong enough to do so far is look on the CCCS websote & fill in their debt remedy tool, I was so scared of posting on a forum too.
        Could u point me in the direction of insolvency info on here by any chance? Also if im bankrupt does my house get taken away & does it mean I cant keep my bank account?

Thanks x

Comment

Thanks Elsie, the unenforcibility thing is interesting as my biggest debt, egg credit card was applied for online a very long time ago. They have already defaulted me & said my account remains open only for repayment purposes, how do I find a letter to send to them to request CCA? Thanks x

Comment

UE probably isn't an option here - let me have a proper read and i'll come back to you.

Too many people try and hide behind UE and unfortunately it is not always the way to go - NOT when you also have so many debts that are CCA1974 exempt (overdrafts etc) plus your house situ means if I was you, walking away and making a new start with £0 owing is the best option.

That was my original opinion and that opinion still stands. Let me have a proper read...

CAB Insolvency help is here: ---> http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ind...s_20060804.htm

National Debtline help here: ---> http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...=01_bankruptcy

ps BOTH the above services are free, confidential and independent.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vicxzy View Post
              Thanks Niddy, All I have felt strong enough to do so far is look on the CCCS websote & fill in their debt remedy tool, I was so scared of posting on a forum too.
              Could u point me in the direction of insolvency info on here by any chance? Also if im bankrupt does my house get taken away & does it mean I cant keep my bank account?

Thanks x
              Yes you lose your house (the same one you don't go into and won't ever go into again, right?). You also lose your bank account but then you simply open a basic account at a bank not within your creditors, Barclays & CoOp are the best two for bankrupts - you also get a debit card with them so it's not that bad! DD's/SO's etc all come as standard.

Comment

Does the house get reposessed? I have opened a bank account with Natwest, but I have a credit card with them in my married name, only owe 300 on it but they dont seem to have made the link & have accepted token repayments. Could i keep the new Nat West one bank account? x

Comment

Does the house get reposessed? I have opened a bank account with Natwest, but I have a credit card with them in my married name, only owe 300 on it but they dont seem to have made the link & have accepted token repayments. Could i keep the new Nat West one bank account? x
                  Hiya

You're not listening, sorry but you need to speak to professionals here (those two links I posted, read them then come and ask questions). No you cannot have ANY credit throughout the bankruptcy, you would need to close everything and add all debts to the B/R petition - that means EVERYTHING and then you open a basic account. You cannot have any credit whilst B/R. B/R usually last upto a year so it's not that long....

Comment

I have read them, Thank you. I only ask about the bank account as it is a basic one, no overdraft facility etc so techinically is it still credit?
                    Im sorry for all the questions but at the minute with everything thats going on & my pregnancy hormones I know theres no point even picking up the phone as I would just sob down it & not get anywhere.
                    x

Comment

You would have to give up the CC with Natwest, chances ar you will need to open an account that has no frills and is not associated to any of the debts you own.

Comment

I have read them, Thank you. I only ask about the bank account as it is a basic one, no overdraft facility etc so techinically is it still credit?
                        Im sorry for all the questions but at the minute with everything thats going on & my pregnancy hormones I know theres no point even picking up the phone as I would just sob down it & not get anywhere.
                        x
                        Hi, I know what you're saying but you need to pick yourself up, unfortunately crying isn't the actions of a responsible adult and before long you'll find them taking things from you and forcing options upon you with statutory demands - basically stop feeling sorry for yourself and start to fight this.

Cry for what? Just sit there, say it as it is and deal with it. It's nothing to cry over and certainly nothing to make you hide your head in the sand all the time. Sorry if I sound a tad harsh, i'm not - far from it, but it frustrates me when people use crying as an excuse not to do things - you can do it, so go and deal with this and stop hiding from it, it will not go away.

Please, take our advice on board and sit back, de-stress and then fill in on-line help form or ring them, crying is not going to make things better.

Comment

also I cant find the £600 fees, my baby is due soon & I only get £124 per week which we have to live on x

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Hi, I know what you're saying but you need to pick yourself up, unfortunately crying isn't the actions of a responsible adult and before long you'll find them taking things from you and forcing options upon you with statutory demands - basically stop feeling sorry for yourself and start to fight this.

Cry for what? Just sit there, say it as it is and deal with it. It's nothing to cry over and certainly nothing to make you hide your head in the sand all the time. Sorry if I sound a tad harsh, i'm not - far from it, but it frustrates me when people use crying as an excuse not to do things - you can do it, so go and deal with this and stop hiding from it, it will not go away.

Please, take our advice on board and sit back, de-stress and then fill in on-line help form or ring them, crying is not going to make things better.

Niddy TBH I do find this rather harsh, being pregnant its hard not to cry at extremely minor things like TV adverts never mind the thought that when your baby gets here she may not have a roof over her head!

Comment

also I cant find the £600 fees, my baby is due soon & I only get £124 per week which we have to live on x
                              Your partner, does he work? Can you sell something?

Also, read this: ---> http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/...-faqs.php#faq2

Its not that dear! If you're on IS they may waive a fee......

Comment

Niddy TBH I do find this rather harsh, being pregnant its hard not to cry at extremely minor things like TV adverts never mind the thought that when your baby gets here she may not have a roof over her head!
                                Ok sorry you feel that way, its the truth though and horrible as it sounds you need to deal with this, not hide from it. So yea, if being harsh makes you sit up and smell the coffee then great - if you'd rather act childish and have a dig at me about sensitivity then sorry, wrong place for you.

You forget, i've seen and dealt with cases 100 times worse than what I have read here and sorry to say, pregnancy is not an excuse - from a father of two! Yes it makes you emotive, as does being in debt but you still need to try! We're all wasting our time trying to help you if you think my saying stop whining and dry your eyes and fight this, is harsh!

I am a no nonsense type of guy, you need to help yourself before we can help. Please read what i'm saying in context, I am not having a pop at you, I am trying to get you to understand how serious this is and trying to get you to listen to me when I say you need to speak to someone about this, these forums will not be best placed to help you.

The baby won't have a roof, no - you're right! UNLESS you start to sort things now so that it will have a roof over its head! Pregnancy = responsibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X