GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Please help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help

Hi everyone,

I do not want to live in the property as I left my ex husband as he had an affair, the majority of which was conducted in my own home so I cant even bring myself to go back there, nevermind live there again. My current partner also does not want to live there as it would be too starnge for him. On top of this we have a lease on our current home until October & we cannot get out of this early without severe penaltys.
    I have no other children, I am desperate to get divorced but just cannot afford it until the house sells, even if I do the divorce myself without a Solicitor its still close to £400.
    To be difficult the Ex will not divorce me, he says he cant afford either.

Thanks everyone x

Comment

That is outrageous!! Then he should blooming move out and you should be allowed to rent it out whilst you are waiting to sell...... sounds like you are better off with your new partner.

You do know that you are entitled to charge him occupational rent esp if you are paying half the mortgage? That is what my ex is claiming from me and he pays NOTHING towards the mortgage. The trouble is as I said before each "divorce" case is different and my solicitor has said to me on numerous occasions the law is a bit wishy washy over this point! So please do not be like me and waste £'s on solicitors. In my divorce there will be two winners - my and his solicitors.

It's just horribe that you are struggling and he is sitting pretty in your house.

Comment

I know Sunny, it is totally outrageous!!! However he says of he moves out he will not pay towards it at all
        Our mgt company will not allow me to rent it out as there is not enough equity in it x

Comment

O blimey - that it awful!

Well I am glad you are in the right place to get some help with your debts and honestly you must make sure yours and the baby's health are your top priority everything else can take second place.

xx

Comment

Thanks Sunny x

Comment

Just wrote a long reply then lost it because I timed out

Sorry to hear that you've been in hospital - hope things are better now.

I can understand (from personal experience) your reasons for not wanting to live in the house but would it not be worth it (financially and health-wise) for a short while until it's sold?

If it's been on the market for almost a year it would seem that it is priced too high to sell in the current climate. Again, financially and health-wise, would it not be worth it to reduce the price? Is your ex-husband doing something to discourage viewings? After all, it would seem that he has the most to gain if it doesn't sell.

How much does the ex pay towards the mortgage? It should be the same as it would cost him to rent a similar home.

Would the equity you have in the house cover your debts? You could consider unenforceability on your pre-2007 credit cards (overdrafts aren't covered by it) and then perhaps make full and final settlement offers once the house is sold.

You can find out when cards/loans were taken out and if they have been defaulted by getting a copy of your credit report.

Sorry if it seems like we're asking lots of questions. It's just that we're looking at all possibilities for you.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, Thanks, I have already reduced the house by 30k, any more than that & I wont be able to clear the mortgage, selling the house will not allow me to pay the debts there's nowehere near enough equity in it now the way house prices have gone...He pays less than half what he would pay in rent on the property, not sure if you saw my earlier post but hes threatening to move out & pay nothing towards it if I dont continue to pay half & that means the house will be reposessed, Im the one with the most to lose, none of the equity is his so he doesnt care anyway.
                Also I have another 9 months on the lease in my current property & the penalty to leave it early is almost 6k, the mgt payments & rent payments are about the same so I wouldnt gain anything by leaving here & going there sadly. x

Comment

Originally posted by vicxzy View Post
                  Hi, Thanks, I have already reduced the house by 30k, any more than that & I wont be able to clear the mortgage, selling the house will not allow me to pay the debts there's nowehere near enough equity in it now the way house prices have gone...He pays less than half what he would pay in rent on the property, not sure if you saw my earlier post but hes threatening to move out & pay nothing towards it if I dont continue to pay half & that means the house will be reposessed, Im the one with the most to lose, none of the equity is his so he doesnt care anyway.
                  Also I have another 9 months on the lease in my current property & the penalty to leave it early is almost 6k, the mgt payments & rent payments are about the same so I wouldnt gain anything by leaving here & going there sadly. x
                  Sorry, I didn't see the post about him threatening to move out - it was made when I was having problems with my post disappearing.

What a bummer of a situation for you. Are you going to come out with anything even if the house sells tomorrow? Is it enough to be worth all the worry?

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Let him move out and get someone in to rent ? You can give cheap rent and still be better off.
                    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

If the house sold tomorrow at the price its on for now I would get about 18k back (I put 60k in 9 years ago )but my debts are around 35k so I wouldnt be able to pay anything off, the house is now valued at 30k less than I paid for it 9 years ago its all just such a mess x

Comment

Originally posted by billypre View Post
                        Let him move out and get someone in to rent ? You can give cheap rent and still be better off.
                        Hi not sure if you saw before but my mgt company say they wont let me rent out as there is not enough equity in the property now x

Comment

What a horrible situation !! xx

Comment

Totally stuck & baffled by the whole thing!x

Comment

I've just sent a message to the moderators who might not have seen this thread to see if they could come up with any more advice. I'm not feeling too well today myself.

Comment

Thanks Pixie, I hope ur ok x

Comment

Working...
                                X