GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest defaulted account without me knowing PLEASE HELP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest defaulted account without me knowing PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natwest defaulted account without me knowing PLEASE HELP

Originally posted by Hdeals View Post
    A couple of days ago I received a call from natalie from the customer care team, she said she would be dealing with the case because i had made an urgent complaint and wanted some information. she then said she would send me everything she has on the case and all my data back in the post and that i should read it and then call her back directly so we can resolve it.
    Now after receiving her letter she hasn't sent me any data on my account or the default notices or letters just a letter about our conversation of our phone call she made notes on and hasn't offered anything instead says she can't offer a resolution i should contact triton to arrange payment.
    NatWest are part of the RBS group and hence their customer-facing staff cannot be trusted. If one of their staff accidentally appears to be helpful, a more senior employee will almost always correct their mistake and return to their usual condition of officious snottiness.

For those who use Satander, there is this translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      5. Why are try-it-on involved? I guess they've sold the debt?
      Did you mean that they'd sold the debt to themselves?

(Triton is a wholly owned subsidiary of the RBS Gruppe.)

Comment

ps they don't do hearts. Bastards they are
        Yoda you are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
          have they ever addressed the points raised in that letter I did for you..?
          Of course they haven't - why should they?

At RBS, customers exist solely for the entertainment and amusement of their staff.

Comment

Anything formal I could send back niddy ??
            Make an early payment of at least one pound to the bank, then send them this.

Send to Matheson, cc'd to Stephen Hester, Vince Cable and your local constituency snollygoster/MP; follow up with printed versions sent by Recorded Delivery.

(Yes, I know that a certificate of posting is usually sufficient at law, but we don't want to give those buggers any excuse.)

Sir,

I regret to have to inform you that the minions to whom you passed my email of 16th November 2012 did not even begin to address the points raised therein. It is possible that you simply did not understand the ramifications of the delinquent manner that the NatWest bank has dealt with me; it seems self-evident that the staff you directed to deal with the matter are too arrogant or deluded to care.

Even if the Consumer Credit Act 1974 had not been amended by the The Consumer Credit (EU Directive) Regulations 2010, the bank had agreed a timetable or schedule of payments by which the overdraft was to be paid. This modified or varied the agreement into a fixed sum regulated credit agreement.

I made the point in my previous email (and, for the avoidance of any doubt, I repeat it here) that at no time had the bank required me to settle the overdraft in full, nor had any notice to that effect been sent to me, whether with the OFT Information Sheet as required by section 88 (4A) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as amended, or without that Information Sheet. At no time did the bank make it plain or send any notice to the effect that the bank would send or place information harmful to me to or with any credit reference agency unless payment of a stated sum was made within a specified period.

Owing to the way I have been mistreated by the NatWest bank, I wish to settle this debt in a timely manner and to close the account completely, as is my right pursuant to sections 94 and 95 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended). Section 97 requires the bank to provide those data, yet the bank has failed to comply. Section 97A requires the bank to give me a statement in writing of at least the data prescribed in S97A (2) of the CCA within a period of seven working days.

I would especially like to draw section 97 (3) to your attention:

(3) If the creditor fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;

As your underlings summarily dismissed my complaint, I formally request that it be reconsidered and the wrongly supplied default information be removed from my files at every credit reference agency to which it was sent. If that is not done, a complaint will be raised with the Financial Ombudsman Service.
            Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 3 January 2013, 03:07. Reason: Minor change to word order

Comment

Glossary - snollygoster

Comment

Brilliant I'll send this and see how they respond

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

Send to Matheson, cc'd to Stephen Hester, Vince Cable and your local constituency snollygoster/MP; follow up with printed versions sent by Recorded Delivery.

(Yes, I know that a certificate of posting is usually sufficient at law, but we don't want to give those buggers any excuse.)
                  Except for Matheson, where would I be able to get the contact details for the above to email and send printed versions ?

Comment

Except for Matheson, where would I be able to get the contact details for the above to email and send printed versions ?
                    We use this handy gizmo here ---> CEO e-mail addresses - CEO email address - chief executive officer - managing director list - UK - US - Asia - customer services - customer care

The answer you seek was in my previous letter (who you emailed??): allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Natwest defaulted account without me knowing PLEASE HELP

However, for clarity - see below:

Stephen.Hester@rbs.co.uk
                    Les.Matheson@rbs.co.uk
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      Very good cloggy
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Okay heres an update i sent the email on wednesday and this morning had the following two emails:

This one from the birmingham collections customer care at 9:14

Thank you for contacting us about your complaint. As a valued customer, I’m sorry you're not happy with the response you have received to your email of 16th November 2012.

Your complaint has been passed to me to ensure you receive the correct response, from the correct department. In order to do this I need some further information, as I have been unable to locate your account(s) from the details you have provided.

Please could you email or call me with your account details, OR your full name, postcode, and date of birth.

Yours Sincerely
                        James Hodgetts
                        Business Support - Complaints
                        Debt Management Operations
                        Retail Banking Operations
                        4th Floor, 7 Brindley Place, Birmingham, B1 2TZ. Depot Code 005.
                        Tel: 0800 0563 574

Followed by this one from the group customer relations at 11:14

Thank you for your email addressed to Stephen Hester, our Group Chief Executive. I am sorry you have found cause to complain. We aim to resolve this for you as soon as we can.

After reading your email, I have arranged for a manager from our Credit Management Services Team to investigate your complaint and, to ensure that you get a full response.

I have asked for a copy of the response so I can be sure that we’ve handled your complaint correctly. You will hear further from my colleague within 10 working days.

If, you have not had a response by this time, please contact us and we will take matters forward on your behalf.

Yours sincerely

Group Customer Relations

Comment

Let cloggy loose on em mate - or consider the FOS now....

Comment

Let cloggy loose on em mate - or consider the FOS now....
                            Thanks Nid, i've sent cloggy a Pm

Comment

Thanks Nid, i've sent cloggy a Pm
                              Did he ever come back to you.....? Any update.

Comment

Did he ever come back to you.....? Any update.
                                yeah he replied to my message and I sent the letter off.

I received another letter in response to the one I sent them basically saying nothing so I've just pm'd it you and cloggy, let me know what you think.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X