GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest defaulted account without me knowing PLEASE HELP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest defaulted account without me knowing PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natwest defaulted account without me knowing PLEASE HELP

Originally posted by Hdeals View Post
    Hi did you manage to sort a template i could use ?
    Is this something that will be uploaded to the template section? Might be useful for others.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No as bespoke templates are no use to others so they stay inline within a thread not the main site.

Leave it with me. If I get time ill sort you something to send.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        No as bespoke templates are no use to others so they stay inline within a thread not the main site.
        Fair enough chiefton
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi did you manage to sort a template i could use ?
          Leave this with me, I'll do it in morning for you.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Comment

Hiya

Sorry for the delay, try sending this to the following (he's one of the banks top-dogs): les.matheson@rbs.com

Good luck and keep us updated...

Dear Mr Matheson,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to the above numbered account and a horrific chain of events that has led me to be defaulted through no fault of my own, with no formal warning or reminder to settle. I have been passed around the houses and seem to get differing opinions depending whom I speak to so I felt I had no alternative but to email you.

I don't want this to turn nasty but I feel I have been royally screwed because here I am, a regular bank customer with a current account that was within it's agreed limit, yet all of a sudden when I search my credit file I notice you've defaulted me. No warning, no reasoning, nothing. This surely isn't official policy and if it is, then surely it is a breach of OFT and ICO Guidelines on the issuance of defaults?

I do have an outstanding balance on the account, which has never been in dispute however last I knew we had an agreement in place to reduce the overdraft yet I find you have added a default against me, without giving me any formal notice to clear the overdraft.

If you'd sent me a letter asking me to settle the account, or you'd default me, then of course I would have settled - I never knew there was a problem, as you'd never actually demanded full repayment of the overdraft and as I remained within the guidelines of the account I feel you must also follow suit, hence this formal complaint is to request settlement in exchange for default removal and closure of said account.

This whole experience has left an extremely sour taste in my mouth and as such I no longer wish to bank with you, and therefore request that the account is closed immediately with this unlawful default removed as part of the process, based on the fact you did not have any right to apply it because I was never actually in default. If I was then you have a duty to notify me and rectify the problem, this was not the case.

My credit file is clean. I am not a 'won't payer' and I do not try and dodge my liabilities, a search of my credit file will confirm this. The fact you have behaved in such a manner is having an adverse effect on my ability so obtain credit and as such a formal complaint to the ICO, FOS & OFT will be forthcoming unless you agree to remove this quite unlawful marker that you placed within the Credit Reference Agencies.

I do want to settle the account, as mentioned, hence please confirm you're prepared to remove this marker and also clarify the closing amount to pay and I will respond with a cheque to settle the balance and close the account once and for all.

I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Here

Comment

Thanks I'll send this and keep you updated

Comment

Hi
                  It's been a week since I've sent the email but haven't heard a single response. Not sure if I'm being ignored or the email could have gone to his junk/spam folder.

Any ideas what I should do now ??

Thanks

Comment

Hi
                    It's been a week since I've sent the email but haven't heard a single response. Not sure if I'm being ignored or the email could have gone to his junk/spam folder.

Any ideas what I should do now ??

Thanks
                    Copy and paste it here ---> RBS | Make a complaint online

Thats an online portal for complaints

Comment

Thanks just sent it, do you think I should re-email the ceo again ? Also according to the form they will call me, do I answer or keep it all in writing ?

I know I can ask too many questions and be persistent

Comment

Just received the following email to which I have responded

Thank You for your email.

Please can you attach a copy of your credit report and I will then forward it to the appropriate team to investigate.

Kind Regards
                        Samantha Meyrick
                        Customer Relations Advisor

Comment

Just received the following email to which I have responded

Thank You for your email.

Please can you attach a copy of your credit report and I will then forward it to the appropriate team to investigate.

Kind Regards
                          Samantha Meyrick
                          Customer Relations Advisor
                          Excellent.... keep us posted

Comment

Okay it's been a while and haven't had a response since the last time they asked me for my credit report so i emailed them again yesterday asking what was going on as its been a while. I also re-sent the email to the ceo and got this email back.

Thank you for your email I can see from our records that we have already responded to your complaint on 01 November and 21 November.

I will send a copy of these responses to your address.

Many Thanks

[NAME REMOVED AS PER REQUEST BY DATA SUBJECT]
                            Complaints Manager
                            Leicester Care Team,

It doesn't really make sense as the reason i have emailed is because of the response they originally gave. Feels like they haven't even read what i sent and just sent something quick back to me.

what should I reply or do ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                              Hi

Wait till they send written copies of their responses and then let me know, we'll then move forward with a more formal complaint - but have they ever addressed the points raised in that letter I did for you..?

Thanks for your support niddy, much appreciated against these professional criminals

They have sent me written copies stating they have responded on the 1st november and 21st november. what a complete load of rubbish they are actually wrong or even lying they have just sent me the copy of the letter i received from natalie from back in october and another new one just saying we will not uphold the complaint.

This letter in october was just before i put my first post on here asking for help. They actually havent done anything just resent that letter and made it out they have done something.

Therefore they haven't addressed the points in the email sent

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                                Hi

Wait till they send written copies of their responses and then let me know, we'll then move forward with a more formal complaint - but have they ever addressed the points raised in that letter I did for you..?
                                Anything formal I could send back niddy ??

Comment

Working...
                                X