GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA won't let me pay by standing order - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA won't let me pay by standing order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA won't let me pay by standing order

I've just had an idea, if they wont let you pay by Direct Debit or Standing Order or you don't want to pay by that method, why not pay by Standing Order and take off the cost of what the Standing Order costs from what you're going to pay them and tell them that due to their reluctance to accept YOUR chosen method of payment, you have had to revert to this method which involved a charge for the Standing Order and so that is coming off what you are paying them.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
      Yes I have internet banking, how would I find out their bank details?

have you got any of their lettes with a payment thingy on the bottom? (sorry, I don’t know what they're called), they usually have payment methods on the back of that type of letter.
      The Bank details are usually on the back of them.
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
        have you got any of their lettes with a payment thingy on the bottom? (sorry, I don’t know what they're called), they usually have payment methods on the back of that type of letter.
        The Bank details are usually on the back of them.
        yeah I have been looking and have found it now.

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
        I've just had an idea, if they wont let you pay by Direct Debit or Standing Order or you don't want to pay by that method, why not pay by Standing Order and take off the cost of what the Standing Order costs from what you're going to pay them and tell them that due to their reluctance to accept YOUR chosen method of payment, you have had to revert to this method which involved a charge for the Standing Order and so that is coming off what you are paying them.
        I like this idea too.

I will just start paying by SO and wait for them to complain about no payments - as usual, I must get around to trying to find a reason to annul these debts now too, all are getting old.

Apologies to the OP for hijacking this thread, not my intention but you just sort of get carried away

Comment

Hi!

No need to apologise - I was hoping my thread would help others too - it can be done ;-)

By the looks of the paperwork I got from Regal on my account - now its set up by standing order - fingers crossed it'll mean that they'll stop hounding me every x amount of months to increase my payment like they use to when the took money from my debit card!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            I see your logic, i wouldnt send it to them either, but once a payment has been made, they would know the bank account is came from, so is it not the same thing anyway?
            No.

With a Direct Debit (or Card Payment Mandate) the payment is initiated by a request from the payee's bank; with a Standing Order, the payment is initiated by the payer's bank.

Direct Debits and Card Payments are variable, whereas Standing Orders are not!

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
              By the looks of the paperwork I got from Regal on my account - now its set up by standing order - fingers crossed it'll mean that they'll stop hounding me every x amount of months to increase my payment like they use to when the took money from my debit card!
              And pass up the opportunity to get another tasty food pellet being dropped into their Skinner Box?

Comment

I pay a minimal amount each month to capquest, I have always paid by cheque, and despite me telling them by recorded delivery twice now that my bank will no longer be issuing cheque books after this one runs out they still are yet to acknowledge my letters.
                Write to them asking which of their offices has the best facilities for animal welfare because, when the bank has refused to give you any more cheques, you will have to write your next cheque on a live cow.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Write to them asking which of their offices has the best facilities for animal welfare because, when the bank has refused to give you any more cheques, you will have to write your next cheque on a live cow.
                  LOL, I like your thinking on that, am I right in thinking that although I send the cheque to crapquest but the payment is made out to egg that egg still own the debt and crapquest are just the sort of middlemen?

Comment

LOL, I like your thinking on that, am I right in thinking that although I send the cheque to crapquest but the payment is made out to egg that egg still own the debt and crapquest are just the sort of middlemen?
                    Yes.

Why else should one pay a firm other than the jerks actually sending the snotty-grams?

Comment

Yes.

Why else should one pay a firm other than the jerks actually sending the snotty-grams?
                      Yeah it sort of baffles me a little, egg rejected a higher amount each month initially and then let crapquest have a pop at me, I pay them less than a quarter of what I offered egg - nowt so strange as folk eh?

Comment

Yeah it sort of baffles me a little, egg rejected a higher amount each month initially and then let crapquest have a pop at me, I pay them less than a quarter of what I offered egg - nowt so strange as folk eh?
                        capita eorum in ano sunt

Comment

capita eorum in ano sunt
                          Scio capita eos in ano sunt ? surely?

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb View Post
                            Scio capita eos in ano sunt ? surely?
                            non, experiri Google interpres!

et non dicis ego sum Shirley visc

Comment

non, experiri Google interpres!

et non dicis ego sum Shirley visc
                              what is more amusing is it is/was a line that you used elsewhere :P

Comment

Ermm translation to normal language please?

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X