GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA won't let me pay by standing order - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA won't let me pay by standing order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA won't let me pay by standing order

Superb thanks for that. Will advise if/when i get a reply.

I'm guessing that my phone will start ringing again!

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
      I'm guessing that my phone will start ringing again!
      Which only works in your favour because:

1) Their operating costs to recover the debt increases
      2) You build further evidence of harrassment

They can't but help hang themselves allowing you to give them a good spanking

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        Which only works in your favour because:

1) Their operating costs to recover the debt increases
        2) You build further evidence of harrassment

They can't but help hang themselves allowing you to give them a good spanking

Love it - just made me laugh out loud!!

Bring it on!!!!

Comment

Hi Malamute

If they refuse to provide their bank details to allow payment via standing order they are in breach of OFT guidelines.

Once you have that refusal in writing, you have evidence of unreasonable behaviour, keep it and file it to use at a later date if needed.

You then write back to them, and state, since their unreasonable refusal to provide their bank details to allow you to set up a SO all future payments will be sent by postal order. You will reduce the monthly payment by £x to cover the postal order costs.

Inform them that if they wish to provide their bank details at a future date you would be happy to set up the automatic monthly payment.

Stick to your guns and they should back down.

SnV

you made me giggle S&V, would love to be a wee fly on their wall when that one its the desk!

Comment

IT WORKED!!!!!

They have today sent a form with their bank details on.

BUT for me to fill in for them to forward to my bank on my behalf though????!

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
              IT WORKED!!!!!

They have today sent a form with their bank details on.

BUT for me to fill in for them to forward to my bank on my behalf though????!
              Nice one!

Don't send it back to them --- its a standard tactic to get your bank details.

No need to send it back to them - if you have online banking then simply set it up online, or alternatively go into your branch and get it set up.

Once done, write to them thanking them for their details, inform them its all set up, and when the first payment will be and how much.

Best
              SnV
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                you made me giggle S&V, would love to be a wee fly on their wall when that one its the desk!

They usually chew the carpet!

My favourite DCA (and individual) was Allied International and 'Mr Brown'. I had used to get him in a real twist and some of the stuff he put in writing (not template letters I'm sure) resulted in AIC and Amex getting a spanking (I got 'compensation' - I use quotes as although they paid it, they refused to admit any liability).

They can't help dig themselves into a hole with their tactics, so its easy to get them there and use it to your advantage.

Comment

Nice one!

No need to send it back to them - if you have online banking then simply set it up online, or alternatively go into your branch and get it set up.

Once done, write to them thanking them for their details, inform them its all set up, and when the first payment will be and how much.

Best
                  SnV
                  I see your logic, i wouldnt send it to them either, but once a payment has been made, they would know the bank account is came from, so is it not the same thing anyway?

What i would do, is use a family member or friends account, send the money via that, use a reference to reflect your name to show who its from, then they dont have your bank account details at all!
                  Last edited by SXGuy; 4 February 2012, 19:36.

Comment

don't, just set it up through your bank, online is usually easiest. just use the detaithey have supplied to set up a SO.

Comment

Nice one!

Best
                      SnV
                      Strange how they think i need them to set it up - written a reply confirming its been set up and will use their pre paid envelop to send it!!!

Comment

Sounds like they're happy as you've not written anything to the contrary on here...
                        I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

I pay a minimal amount each month to capquest, I have always paid by cheque, and despite me telling them by recorded delivery twice now that my bank will no longer be issuing cheque books after this one runs out they still are yet to acknowledge my letters. I sort of know the game they are trying because as soon as payments stop they will jump on the "defaulted in repayment" wagon. I point blank refuse to phone them on their daft rate numbers and I have told them that, and they never ever try to call me, (partly because they don't have my number anyway ) and partly because I pi**ed 'em off by the agreement to pay so small an amount that it will take just under 70 years to pay them off (I'm 55 now) and I have already been paying for 5 years. I was thinking of asking them to write the lot off as it's getting a struggle to pay that

Comment

Have you internet banking? you could set up a standing order so they get it when YOU want them to or if you don't want to do it that way, you could, if your bank has 'faster payment' facility?
                            I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Oh, another thing, I've learned from Reliable Collections that it doesn’t matter whether it's sent via Recorded Delivery or not, they choose to answer it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                                Have you internet banking? you could set up a standing order so they get it when YOU want them to or if you don't want to do it that way, you could, if your bank has 'faster payment' facility?
                                Yes I have internet banking, how would I find out their bank details?

Comment

Working...
                                X