GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA Heavy Handed Tactics - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Heavy Handed Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA Heavy Handed Tactics

Understood, thanks!

Tomorrow I shall sort out a nice letter using the template and bestow it upon said idiots. It's all good fun!
    Are you sure the DCA isn't my friend?

Comment

Hi Maz

The answer to your question "Why are they bothering to do this?" is also answered in the letter the original creditor sent to you and in one of your posts where they state:

"Your account will remain with our collections department for collection activity to continue. The demanding of payment is not considered enforcement and purely a step taken prior to the commencement of proceedings as in the ruling in the case of McGuffick vs RBS"

So what you have understand is what the term 'collection activity' means to these people.

In their view - Intimidation, Pressure Tactics, Lies, Letters, Continous Phone Calls etc etc.

At the moment, legally enforcing the agreement, they haven't got a leg to stand on so they are now trying to intimidate and bully you into paying them. Once they realise you can't be bullied and intimidated things should go quiet.

SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

SnV - well said!

Nail firmly smacked in the head!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I don't get the line they use, how can it all be a step prior to commencing proceedings? I don't get how they can say yeah this is unenforceable then say this is a step prior commending proceedings, what proceedings?! This all confuses me (hence getting advice from the experts here!)

I've done my letter and just off to post it. This is actually quite exciting, I'll eagerly await whatever tosh comes back next!!

Comment

Don't worry so much mate - they wouldn't know their arses from their faces!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

After sending that template letter to the solicitors, I had a reply from DLC today. To be precise, ever since the CCA Request they always write to me as Hillesden Securities.

I have to say, I find their reply rather amusing and it goes like this:

"Your letter dated 6 January 2011 addressed to Aplins regarding the above account has been referred to me for my attention.

We apologise for the letter sent to you recently by Aplins. However, as stated in our letter dated 19 November 2010, while we are prevented from enforcing the agreement, we can request payment from you as there is still an underlying obligation to repay the account balance.

Please contact our collections team on (number) to discuss your payment proposals."

I just find it funny because after the big CCA fail on their behalf, they've tried to play the big school bully and lay on their Aplins scare threat, not realising that I had Niddy at my side to stand up to them!! They weren't expecting Niddy to come around the corner whilst they were trying to take my sweets!!!! They've had to sheepishly apologise and back down when the little ploy failed. Be interesting to see how much they hassle me now!!

Thanks all, your support has been superb.
              Last edited by NWMazda; 19 January 2011, 23:05.

Comment

Was following your thread regarding MBNA - Hillesden and Alpins.

I have followed the exact same path as you re my mothers debt with MBNA and have she has received the same letters in response in the same order lol quite funny, i am now waiting to receive your last letter in repsonse to mine on her behalf sent to Aplins.

Ill let you know if it matches! Templates run rife with these people lol.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

was it not a Barclays Loan or was that another account?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                    Not another MBNA CC without a CCA is it?

It's such a shame there are so many of them!

Be alot more if I was still working there!!

"So you mean if I leave the CD next to the strong magnet, the CD could get wiped??? Its ok, dont worry, I know how to fix it. You just need to fold the CD in half"

Comment

Working...
                    X