GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA Heavy Handed Tactics - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Heavy Handed Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA Heavy Handed Tactics

Thanks muchly SnV, i'm at work now but I'll deffo take a read of your attachment this evening.

Should I cancel the solicitors appointment for this afternoon or take it anyway? Seems I have a path mapping out already for what to do next.
    Are you sure the DCA isn't my friend?

Comment

You don't need a solicitor FFS!!!!

I've read your mse posts, made me laugh how you thought a typo was not a word which in turn was stressing you out lol. If you want our help then calm down and listen to us!! You seen on mse, same info!!

Send cca and wait - do nothing.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No worries, I shall cancel the appointment

The typo thing only had me concerned because I guess the law is such a fickle thing that if I'd sent that, they might have been allowed to just ignore it because I'd not asked for a genuine thing, I just don't know!

I've sent the CCA at lunchtime, recorded delivery, £1 postal order enclosed and not hand signed so all should be good to just see what happens next.

Comment

Mazda

We've got 22 creditors the best bit is sitting waiting to see what rubbish they are going to come up with next. Chill as Niddy and S&V says, you are in safe hands and they are only a DCA, most of whom would not know the "law" if it fell on their heads!!!!

Chill

Comment

I was a bit surprised that you guys were all so taken aback by my stressful approach at the beginning to be honest. I know you guys have experience in this area and know the chain of events and what can happen and what can't, but to someone who doesn't this is all just a bit daunting and full on.

I do genuinely feel a lot more relaxed about this now, still difficult to persuade the other half that I'm doing the right thing, she was a bit hacked off with me that I cancelled the solicitors appointment. As I pointed out though, it seems a tad pointless to ask for their advice whilst also pointing out that I've already made the next move. At this moment whilst waiting for the CCA, there is nothing to know anyway.

Can just sit back and see what they come up with now, hopefully nothing of any use!

Comment

Originally posted by NWMazda
              I was a bit surprised that you guys were all so taken aback by my stressful approach at the beginning to be honest. I know you guys have experience in this area and know the chain of events and what can happen and what can't, but to someone who doesn't this is all just a bit daunting and full on.
              Hi Maz

I totally understand, and I know its difficult to not stress. But thats the biggest leverage your creditors have over you. Once you take that stress away you start to think more clearly and are able to deal with things more easily.

Have a read of that document I sent you. It should give you an idea of how uneffective most charging orders actually are.

And getting to a charging order is such a long way even if your creditors take things that far.

You've sent off the CCA so they now have 12+2 days to respond. Try not to count the days too much waiting for the post. If you don't get a response in this time then you are in the driving seat.

Best

SnV
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I did have a read of that document you attached for me, very interesting reading isn't it, very handy to know these things too!

Many thanks

Comment

LISTEN TO NIDDYxxx and do exactly as he says xxxx ;-y
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm there, really appreciate the assistance and support here

Comment

Out of interest, what DCA is chasing you?

Comment

D-L-C

Comment

Well, I'm guessing the DCA would have received my nice letter yesterday so hopefully they will be in the process of actioning my request for CCA.

Should I create a diary thread or due to being one DCA, is keeping here okay?

Comment

Not yet matey - just sit tight......
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Slightly interesting update in events, though not really!

Had a letter from the DCA today which was basically a follow up from the phone call whenever that was. Basically says we're wanting CCJ and charging order, don't worry we want to secure our money and not take your house, you will pay what you can afford still etc etc.

Now I thought this 'might' be a last ditch attempt to shit me up in light of the CCA request I sent last Friday, so I checked the tracking number of my recorded delivery.

Turns out that shows the letter as still being in the post office system, it was first class a bloody week ago!! So it sounds like they've either declined it (??) or it hasn't got to them yet. Doesn't seem like I can contact the post office as they seem to be a brick wall along the same lines as BT etc, though I will try.

So, if they haven't received my CCA, so I can't expect a reply! My first thought was just to ignore their silly letter based on the CCA request but if they don't have that, does it changes things maybe?

I have a feeling the advice would be ignore the letter and investigate the whereabouts of the CCA request. Just wanted to update on the situation.

EDIT: Just tried to call PO customer services and exactly as I thought, got nowhere. Finally managed to get through their weapons grade keypad (press 1 to do this, press 2 to do this etc) entry system but didn't quite get as far as speaking to an actual human and gave up. I'll try again from home soon!

Comment

Got through to Royal Snail earlier and all they can say is that although they say 1-2 working days time for 1st class, it can take up to 15 days and it can't be considered lost until 21st October. Of all the letters in all the world to go astray, it had to be this one!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X