GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA Heavy Handed Tactics - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Heavy Handed Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA Heavy Handed Tactics

Originally posted by NWMazda
    Got through to Royal Snail earlier and all they can say is that although they say 1-2 working days time for 1st class, it can take up to 15 days and it can't be considered lost until 21st October. Of all the letters in all the world to go astray, it had to be this one!!!!
    hiya ;Hi1
    i sent letters out in july that still say they are being processed through our system ;LOL ;LOL but i have recieved replys for them so don't worry they will get the letter
    ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Thanks for that Without knowing the receipt date though, I can't determine when the 14 days begins.
      Are you sure the DCA isn't my friend?

Comment

Thanks for that Without knowing the receipt date though, I can't determine when the 14 days begins.
        i am sure it is from the date of you posted your recorded letter if they don't responed i would say that would be a bonus
        good luck anyway 2

Comment

Ah so this could actually be in my favour!!

Comment

Ah so this could actually be in my favour!!
            lol i would say so

Comment

I'm trying to find out whether the postal order has been cashed but I think I could find the lost ark easier than this information. The problem is they can proceed with their CCJ attempt whilst the account is not in dispute. Thanks Post Office, great work!!!

Comment

I'm trying to find out whether the postal order has been cashed but I think I could find the lost ark easier than this information. The problem is they can proceed with their CCJ attempt whilst the account is not in dispute. Thanks Post Office, great work!!!
                sit back relax, believe me when they are ready to contact you they will, as niddy says its for them to prove and not for you to wipe the arse for them ( well he dosen't say that but i think thats what he means lol) wait and if they don't get back then, that to me is a bonus if they do reply then nid will guide you in the right direction,the longer they don't reply great until they do its is :UE
                hope this helps x

Comment

Normally I'd totally agree but if they haven't got my letter, they have nothing to reply to. I really need them to have my letter to stop them cracking on with their intentions. I am very tempted to send another letter tomorrow incase the first got there on Saturday, bounced back and now sat somewhere.

Comment

You're fprgetting, the fact you sent it recorded assumes in all legal cases that the letter is delivered 2 days from the date of posting, this is where the term 12+2 days comes in (10 days = mon-fri for 2 weeks, 2 days = both saturdays and the extra 2 days is the day you posted (recorded) until the day "assumed" delivered.

Point is, you have proof you sent it on XX date so no action can be taken y

Calm down, stop stressing matey
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So you're saying that whether they've received it or not, this account is legally in dispute because I have proof of the postage?

Comment

You have proof of postage and you have to assume it was delivered yes.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Awesome, that was a case of not knowing that fact rather than forgetting it

So, to calculate when 14 days is up. It was posted on 01/10/10.

So they have the Saturday and the Monday 04/10/2010 as the two days.

So the twelve days are last Tuesday 05/10/2010 to Monday 11/10/10 of this week being six.

Then Tuesday to Monday next week being the following six.

So by my calculations, Monday 18/10/10 is the last day.

Comment

Hi Maz

Sorry I've not posted you for a while, been madly busy.

You have proof of postage (you kept the receipt right?) so don't worry about it. If necessary you can send proof of postage in a follow up letter if need be.

To give you an idea, it took MBNA over a week to accept my letter and sign for it and then took a couple of days to update the PO website. The date on their response letter to my CCA request was almost a month from the date of the CCA letter (so put them immediately in breach!).

I understand your frustration and keeness to get a response from them, but this is also a reason for doing everything in writing as it SLOOOOOOWS the whole process down, and also keeps everything documented in the very unlikely event it went as far as court.

And also remember where you are now from a couple of weeks ago! This lot had you on the phone and were beating you into the ground. Now you are dealing with things on your terms and are making them work and sweat! 2

Best
                            SnV
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi SnV

I'm not keen for a response, just keen to know they've got the letter

It seems weird that legally, the first they could know of my CCA request is from me contacting them to say they had 14 days and did nothing about it.

The tracking online system is down so I can't check today, but this is like 10 days on from when it was posted.

All is nice and calm etc, it's nice to know the important point is when it was posted rather than IF they received it.

Yep, I have proof of postage and postal order receipt ;-)

Comment

It seems weird that legally, the first they could know of my CCA request is from me contacting them to say they had 14 days and did nothing about it.
                                I'll quote what almost all the DCA's put in their correspondance:

"Despite repeated attempts to contact you"

The difference is they can never provide proof of the 'repeated attempts'. You can 2 2
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X