GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

The question asked by thechippy was always going to be ignored in part. Maybe try sending your tried n tested template.

That's what I'm saying
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

My wording to them was actually nicked from P1...
      That was just my shortened to the point version for the forum..

I follow CAG and do nick the odd bit from there....

I follow P1's threads on there quite often, they are always interesting reading - used to follow PT as well........
      -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

PT's over here mostly -

Trying to get P1 to convert but she's a woman, so no hope there
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
          Ok,

Update on the above as promised.

Their reply mentioned nothing of the fact that no agreement was enclosed with the t&c's they sent.

It then rambles on about Carey as expected.

Their answer to my cputr question was this...

"With regards to your reference to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, we do not accept that there is any basis to assert that we have not fully complied with our obligations"

That's not what I asked!

I basically said (shortened), "do you, or do you not hold a cca that is both COMPLIANT and UNADULTERATED."

Mine quite clearly is not in it's original unadulterated form and I don't think it's compliant either (may have to email this to the Niddz)

So, it seems they've answered and not answered - and it their final response on the matter.....
          That's the kind of twisted response creditors/DCAs normally issue when they have no complaint docs. Your not asking them about their "obligations" (s78).... your asking for them to add some clarity to the paperwork they have got.

They can't say any more without potentially incriminating themselves, so the dummies come flying out the pram and it becomes a "final response". If Barclaycard are not going to talk to you anymore, then they will farm it out to a DCA. If they decide they are going to talk to you by demanding payments, then issue a formal complaint based on their avoidance of the issues raised.

This is one way of doing things..... but there are others on here that have also been tried and tested. If you would prefer to use another tactic, then that's cool..... as long as they p*ss off.... lol!
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My wording to them was actually nicked from P1...
            That was just my shortened to the point version for the forum..

I follow CAG and do nick the odd bit from there....

I follow P1's threads on there quite often, they are always interesting reading - used to follow PT as well........
            Ok I meant that particular point you asked for clarity on was always going to be ignored. You'd have been better leaving that bit out.

In my opinion - I just think it was too much and inviting them to dig their own grave...

Comment

Hey P1, it's been through about 6 dca's already....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Ok I meant that particular point you asked for clarity on was always going to be ignored. You'd have been better leaving that bit out.

In my opinion - I just think it was too much and inviting them to dig their own grave...
                Yep, I think you could be right on that..

Comment

PT's over here mostly -

Trying to get P1 to convert but she's a woman, so no hope there
                  I'm multi-tasking.... ..... lol!

Yes.... agreed.... there's asking for clarity and there's asking for CLARITY WITH NOBS ON.
                  Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hey P1, it's been through about 6 dca's already....
                    Well that kinda tells its own story.... !!

Barclays must be well p*ssed off with you then!!
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

You're both correct, as that was what I was actually trying to do.

Oh well, don't knock it till you've tried it eh?
                      Anything to further the cause, at least I won't advise that route to anyone......

Comment

You're both correct, as that was what I was actually trying to do.

Oh well, don't knock it till you've tried it eh?
                        Anything to further the cause, at least I won't advise that route to anyone......
                        What? P*ssing them off? I think that's an excellent route to take..... whatever form it takes!

Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                          What? P*ssing them off? I think that's an excellent route to take..... whatever form it takes!

Nah, I mean the extra bit I added. I advise people quite often to use the basic CPUTR request and it often sends dca's very quiet..

Comment

Hi all
                            have a 3rd acct wiv barcs, sent a letter sept reducing ammount of reduced payment (no job) they agreed to reduction, sept payment returned to bank as un recognised payment, oct payment returned as payment blocked, sent letter last week asking why, and offering to pay arrears as soon as they would explain what was going on .
                            received a letter today saying they have sold the account to Cabot. this has annoyed me to say the least as never missed a reduced payment in the last 10 years. droped of credit file ect; now I want blood!!!

Comment

Hi Guys just trying to catch with the speed at which you type l l

However as regards chippy's points I think that there may have been too much in there as has been said. We have been through 16DCAs in all with BC and to be perfectly honest I have reached the conclusion that it is a necessary qualification to work for bankers and DCAs to have an IQ BELOW 70. (what is estimated by science to be just below that of a chimpanzee) You will fail at the first interview if you can string more than three words together and are able to read more than two sentences at one sitting.

Hence our strategy with all this now is to split it down into very simple terms. One thing at a time. S 78, then, CPUTR, then "contact sols" under 2.8 of the guidelines.

Even then confusion reigns. (ha ha ha ha). They mix it up get wrong account numbers send it back to BC, "me no understand Guv!" I have said before I think of the CPUTR route as a method furthering the evidence trail against them. As P1 says anything they say may well be self incriminating for them.

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                                Hi Guys just trying to catch with the speed at which you type l l

However as regards chippy's points I think that there may have been too much in there as has been said. We have been through 16DCAs in all with BC and to be perfectly honest I have reached the conclusion that it is a necessary qualification to work for bankers and DCAs to have an IQ BELOW 70. (what is estimated by science to be just below that of a chimpanzee) You will fail at the first interview if you can string more than three words together and are able to read more than two sentences at one sitting.

Hence our strategy with all this now is to split it down into very simple terms. One thing at a time. S 78, then, CPUTR, then "contact sols" under 2.8 of the guidelines.

Even then confusion reigns. (ha ha ha ha). They mix it up get wrong account numbers send it back to BC, "me no understand Guv!" I have said before I think of the CPUTR route as a method furthering the evidence trail against them. As P1 says anything they say may well be self incriminating for them.

regards
                                Garlok
                                Can you elaborate on that bit - I'm feeling particularly thick tonight.....

Comment

Working...
                                X