GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Is there any "Section 12345" legal reference which I could add to the CPUTR 2008 request to help concentrate their tiny minds?
    Probably.... but I wouldn't bother working it out. Let them do their own dirty work, I say.... .... the tendency for them to trip up and/or tie themselves up in a virtual straight-jacket trying to wriggle around things is far greater and much more amusing....

Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Is there any "Section 12345" legal reference which I could add to the CPUTR 2008 request to help concentrate their tiny minds?
      As the others have said, it isn't worth worrying about but for clarity you refer to the main legislative index as shown below:

Then your answer would be

"Under section 9 (The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983) (1983 No. 1557) Copies of old agreements and security instruments where the agreement or security instrument has been lost"

Then continue with your point, ie...

..... clearly states that "Any copy of an executed agreement made before 19th May 1985 or of a security instrument relating to security provided before that date which is given to the debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act on or after that date may comprise an easily legible statement of the current terms of the agreement or security as the case may be insofar as they are known to the creditor or owner where, due to an accident or some other cause beyond his control, the creditor or owner does not have in his possession the executed agreement or security instrument or any copy thereof."
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
        Probably better to avoid quoting specific sections of the CPUTR.
        Couldn't agree more! Exactly the same usually with the DPA - nearly always best to refr to the eight underlying principles rather than try to quote specific sections.

Keeping the canvas broad gives them more to sh1t themselves over!

Comment

hi all me again.
          just going through paperwork for Lloyds account
          found out it was taken out in 1978
          so all they had to send is recent T & C

so where do I stand now

stating a thread as I type.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think the difficulties are that the agreement regs didnt come into force til long after this agreement and arent retrospective so, i do not think you will be able to deal with this in the normal way we would by challenging the unenforceability

Comment

There must have been some sort of regulation around? I guess it's a case of finding the right piece that is fit for purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                There must have been some sort of regulation around? I guess it's a case of finding the right piece that is fit for purpose.
                back then 127 wasnt enacted either if i recall, so no not really

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the comment on nightwatch's agreement. I have raised this point on several occasions on forums various. Everyone skirts around this issue. Two of ours are of '83/'84 vintage. The 74 Act was enacted Sept 77, the regs are not retrospective as you say so we have this "in limbo" situation whereby there are a significant number of us who fall into this trap. Certainly we fall under auspices of the 74 Act and have the full protections of s61/s127 but here we have a set of Regs coming in which releases the creditor from all of the Act's obligations placed upon them.

Our solicitors have said this makes things a bit more difficult but not to worry it can be dealt with. I honestly don't know what their strategy is and it has niggled at me for a long time. On one alleged account of ours they have found some years after the event found a microfiche application form only which is definitely UE. I have been told not to worry about it.

Do you have any suggestions to point the direction for some further study please?

regards
                  Garlok

Comment

Have started thread 'Lloyds 1978 cc' sorry don't know how to link

Comment

There you go nightwatch:-

>Lloyds 1978 cc - allaboutFORUMS

Garlok

Comment

I've seen off one particularly aggressive creditor using this and I'll now see how it works with Barclay's.

In a nutshell...

CCA'd them over a year ago and the "agreement" (msdw) is not only non compliant, but looks like a c&p job.

I questioned it and then it done the dca rounds (6 I think). It ended up with Wescot and I queried the agreement again, concentrating on "inferring" it was a c&p.

So, I get a letter from Barclays saying they have enclosed a copy of my agreement along with both theirs and msdw's t&c's. However, there was no agreement enclosed - just the t&c's.

I've now cputr'd them, so we'll see the response....
                        -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Ok,

Update on the above as promised.

Their reply mentioned nothing of the fact that no agreement was enclosed with the t&c's they sent.

It then rambles on about Carey as expected.

Their answer to my cputr question was this...

"With regards to your reference to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, we do not accept that there is any basis to assert that we have not fully complied with our obligations"

That's not what I asked!

I basically said (shortened), "do you, or do you not hold a cca that is both COMPLIANT and UNADULTERATED."

Mine quite clearly is not in it's original unadulterated form and I don't think it's compliant either (may have to email this to the Niddz)

So, it seems they've answered and not answered - and it their final response on the matter.....
                          -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Lol waste of time this CPUTR - they do not need to acknowledge this remember

You already know they've doctored it. It's what they do best, innit?
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps try wording it like P1's as that may be better tbh.

She's got the wording pretty spot-on

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Lol waste of time this CPUTR - they do not need to acknowledge this remember

You already know they've doctored it. It's what they do best, innit?
                                I think it's just a different strategy we have going on Niddy. I know they don't need to acknowledge anything.... that's not the point. The point is to stop them from misleading or, to catch them out doing it.

Creditors and DCAs hate it. Some will acknowledge they have nothing but most don't and pass it back to the OC or stay silent, rather than put something they may regret later down in writing.

It's a mind game..... which is probably why I use it so much, to be honest.

Remember the mantra:
                                NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                                Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                                Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Working...
                                X