GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Request for confirmation of documents under CPUTR 2008

Hi chippy,

If you have proper representation in place like properly instructed solicitors, professional debt management people as well as CAB and CCCS, then you can insist that no contact is made with you direct, everything and all contact has to be made via your "appointed representatives". It is stated with some clarity in the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines section 2.8 paras c and d. Failure to do so by anyone chasing a debt once informed of the reps forms the basis for formal complaint to all regulatory bodies governing the activities of said debt collection outfit.

Most of the parasites will ignore it for a while but usually run when it becomes obvious in the second letter you send that you mean business, like your sols are going to go after them under s40 of the Admin of Justice Act and s1 of the Protection from Harassment Act plus if the DCA has used a sols practice to harass and threaten you, you hit 'em back with a threat of a professional misconduct complaint via the SRA, SDT and/or Legal Ombudsman Service. the usual culprits run.

Just had that re confirmed professionally as well by the way when I know that other forums in the past have said S40 of the Admin of Justice act was now defunct in these issues since the inception of CPUTR2008. Not so it still stands.

hope that helps

regards
    Garlok
    Last edited by garlok; 23 November 2011, 19:43.

Comment

Nice one - thanks.....
      -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post

Hence our strategy with all this now is to split it down into very simple terms. One thing at a time. S 78, then, CPUTR, then "contact sols" under 2.8 of the guidelines.

Even then confusion reigns. (ha ha ha ha). They mix it up get wrong account numbers send it back to BC, "me no understand Guv!" I have said before I think of the CPUTR route as a method furthering the evidence trail against them. As P1 says anything they say may well be self incriminating for them.

regards
        Garlok
        Good strategy! It's worked for me for any debts I admit to for ages!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          PT's over here mostly -

Trying to get P1 to convert but she's a woman, so no hope there

I am sure she was converted years ago

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
            Thought I would bring the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (CPUTR) 2008 onto these forums..... following its success elsewhere. Companies don't seem to like being asked for clarification under CPUTR in response to reconstructed, microfiche and/or application forms...

.... and to date, no company has written back to confirm the precise documentation held (in my own case); the account has either been passed to someone else or there have been some very poor attempts to skirt around the issue.... confirming that CPUTR is a powerful tool to pull out of the box. Even my good friend Bryan Carter seemed beaten into submission after such a request....
            ... and finally disappeared without issuing those nasty court papers that I was threatened with...

My template is below:

Hey P1,

Just wanted to say thanks for this haha! Just sent it to quite a few, so lets hope they come back and say "case passed back to client" :P

TM

TibetanMonk
            On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Keep us updated TM....
              Remember the mantra:
              NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
              Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
              Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                Keep us updated TM....
                Will do

TibetanMonk
                On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Working...
                X