GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script On a 600 odd month agreement with Moorcroft, have they gone soft. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On a 600 odd month agreement with Moorcroft, have they gone soft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On a 600 odd month agreement with Moorcroft, have they gone soft.

Is the first time ive heard from them.
    Nothing about legal action, just says if I dont call them to discus an offer within 10 days further recovery action action will be taken. Letters dated 25th april so not much chance of that.
    To be honest it looks like Westcots return address on the envelope and 1 of there letters so I think its just the letterhead on a Westcot letter.
    Last edited by BigCraigJohn; 6 May 2011, 10:57.

Comment

Infact the return address is Hull yet the letter says Sidcup Kent.

Comment

Ahh ignore them then!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just an update.
          Had a letter off Moorcroft the other week informing my account has been returned to Lloyds. Ive been getting masses of missed calls but nothing answered so not sure if its anything to do with this but i'll wait for some writing.

Comment

What has Morecack done with the money you paid?

Comment

Not to sure tbh.
              Ive got another account with Moorcroft so I wont mention anything for the moment, wouldnt want to open a can of worms.
              Lloyds have not been back in touch so i'll just see what happens.

Comment

Nelson Guest are just "rent a solicitor letterhead" for Moroncroft and Wescrap and do not often litigate.

As the debt is for Lloyds, be more cautious should you receive a letter from SCM solicitors, as they are not always just full of hot air...
                -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Well as far as im concerned I was repaying at the agreed amount then out of the blue they tell me theyve sent it back. I am dealing with SCM for an overdraft actually, only paying £1 a month and they know thats my limit. Infact they were really reasonable from the start.

Comment

Right today received a letter from Credit security limited.

Dear Mr .......

We have been instructed to collect .......

"We DEMAND that the sum stated be sent direct to this office IMMEDIATELY"

Then threats of a ccj and personal visits.

Signed squiggle

These wont be getting a penny from me, surely this type of letter is against debt collection regulations???, tbh I dont give a damn anymore but to some people(definately my old dear) this would scare the living daylights out of them.
                    I have actually never seen such a rude letter, I thought they only did this on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCraigJohn View Post
                      I have actually never seen such a rude letter, I thought they only did this on the phone.
                      Sheltered life mate, its quite normal - however i'd not worry about their letter - in fact as someone else said earlier - why not wipe your arse with it and send it back to them....
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

What is the latest on the PPI on this?
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 4 November 2011, 17:15.

Comment

Trust me - that letter is rude, but by no means the rudest around. It's actually quite entertaining reading some of the crap they pen as long as you have the couldn't care less attitude.

Comment

Interesting reduced settlement offer on likely enforceable debt

This was the Lloyds card opened in 1998 that had a next to nothing a month agreement with Moorcroft but eventually went back to Lloyds.
                            Ive had a few vicious letters from Credit Security Limited but I never got around to cosponsoring. Today I had a bright red letter(danger), opened it and they have knocked 1/3 off if I pay in 14 days. No chance but surely this is going the right way?.
                            Its my third highest debt, the £10k Capital 1 is in UE stalemate for 2 years, The £4.5k Citicard disappeared off the planet when they were sold then theres this which was £3.3k with an offer of £2.2k. It would be nice to get rid of it as its the one I suspect is enforceable but thats too much.
                            I was thinking of writing back and offering a £1.1k within 3 months as a full and final, ive paid about £20 in the last year but i'd love to get rid of it for good.

Any advice how best to play it?, wait a bit longer?, whens the time to strike?

Comment

Pompey ive never got around to it, they did however send me 1/3 off offer today, I did actually post another thread which could be merged?? January sale?

Comment

I would not make an offer mate, not with two other higher debts - if you can get a grand then keep the grand in case anyone starts action and you need it get out with a quick offer etc....

I also merged the threads as per the second last post above... But I would sit tight and do not make an offer. Not yet anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X