GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script On a 600 odd month agreement with Moorcroft, have they gone soft. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On a 600 odd month agreement with Moorcroft, have they gone soft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On a 600 odd month agreement with Moorcroft, have they gone soft.

Originally posted by BigCraigJohn View Post
    Right will see if I can find it anywhere otherwise i'll have to get it re scanned.
    Ok, please do it cos things have changed somewhat with recent case law so best let me re-check matey
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have just emailed the agreement over, its raw ie nothing removed.

Comment

Have just emailed the agreement over, its raw ie nothing removed.
        Bugger it is still good i'm afraid - oh well, thought it best to check again. Seems they had that straight, however you could reclaim PPI, an 18 year old lad in his first job would not need PPi and as the account was referred then over-ridden, you have a good case for a refund. Have you looked at reclaiming PPi?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

p.s. it was 2 sheets, however on page 1 (the application) above your siggy it says that you agree to the terms overleaf blah blah.......

Comment

I certainly didnt know jack about the ppi, form was pre filled if I remember right, I just signed all the forms infront of me, I was an immature 18yo.
            Only issue is that in the sar they sent me only went back 6 years on the credit card and I think the ppi was canceled around 2003. There is a load of charges also I need to get on, well maybe £600 + interest. Guess i'd just left this 1 alone but might be a good time to look at it.

Do you think theres anything that can be done regarding the ppi given that they can prob say they dont have record of it?

Comment

I certainly didnt know jack about the ppi, form was pre filled if I remember right, I just signed all the forms infront of me, I was an immature 18yo.
              Only issue is that in the sar they sent me only went back 6 years on the credit card and I think the ppi was canceled around 2003. There is a load of charges also I need to get on, well maybe £600 + interest. Guess i'd just left this 1 alone but might be a good time to look at it.

Do you think theres anything that can be done regarding the ppi given that they can prob say they dont have record of it?
              As they sold you a regulated product, then they will have records for at least 13 years in line with HMRC regs.

A SAR should still have provided you this data, however the company that sold the PPi would have to retain data or how would they ever allow you to claim? There will be records unless the card was closed over 6 years ago in which case yea, they may not have records.... If it is live though, regardless of whether in arrears or not, there MUST be a live record of the PPi somewhere.

make sense? :niddy

Comment

Im with you.
                Clearly useless insurance though, I do remember not even wanting the damn card but he advised it being a good idea for emergencies etc.
                Do you advise trying to get contractual interest or just the 8%?

Btw had another letter off Westcott this morning, this time with a big strip at the top, headed "final warning", saying how they will take further action if I dont ring in the next 10 days blah blah.
                Yet another payment made to Moorcoft.

Comment

Sorry for the silly question but lets just say Westcott were to take this to court would the fact im already paying the debt be a defence?. To myself a total layman with a small amount of knowledge id think that it would but just wondered what you thought. Sure I read something about banks using multiple dca's at a time somewhere also.

Comment

Do you advise trying to get contractual interest or just the 8%?
                    Some companies do pay interest at contractual, though they are only a few.

Most pay at the statutory 8% - which is all you are entitled to as per the county court act (i think it is). Best way forward is to claim your charges PLUS INTEREST - dont mention an amount or rate and see what you get.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry for the silly question but lets just say Westcott were to take this to court would the fact im already paying the debt be a defence?. To myself a total layman with a small amount of knowledge id think that it would but just wondered what you thought. Sure I read something about banks using multiple dca's at a time somewhere also.
                      The fact you are already paying this account is a complete defence. You should not be chased by more than one company for the same debt.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                        The fact you are already paying this account is a complete defence. You should not be chased by more than one company for the same debt.
                        Agreed, they cannot take action against you if they have already accepted a payment plan!

Dinnae worry :niddy

Comment

So basically guard Moorcrofts letter with my life.

Comment

So basically guard Moorcrofts letter with my life.
                            Oooh Ahhh matey - exactly

Comment

Right letter from Nelson Guest & Partners solicitors acting on behalf of Westcot/Lloyds. To be honest its just more of the same so I presume I just file under cack.

Comment

Right letter from Nelson Guest & Partners solicitors acting on behalf of Westcot/Lloyds. To be honest its just more of the same so I presume I just file under cack.
                                Can do, unless they threaten legal action..... is this the first you have heard from them?

Comment

Working...
                                X