GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed Please - Marlin Letters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed Please - Marlin Letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed Please - Marlin Letters

I have removed letter from post as attachment was showing a ref number, NW xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Second signed for letter has arrived as of today to Marlin.

My question is this; what happens now to the cases? Are they effectively in dispute or on hold until they provide or not the necessary proof and paperwork? Should she cease payments direct to HSBC (£1 a month)? What happens if they do not respond in the 12+2 days of signing for the letters?

kindest regards and Happy Christmas

Comment

ball is in marlin's court, just relax, enjoy Christmas and wait until they reply

up to you on the £1, probably better waiting to see what comes back at this stage

Merry Christmas

Comment

Ditto Mrs D, have a nice Christmas xx
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update, received letters for both accounts. Both returning postal orders, one for no payee so sent back yesterday (the £5,995 credit card). The other arrived today saying as it's not a credit card the CCA act does not cover it, as its a current account. Does this need a different letter? Know there is another letter you can send with a £10 PO, but not sure which it is?

hopefully the main CC debt will take a step forward now once they receive the PO made payable to them. But need to sort out the old account too.

on the final debt which isn't being pursued and the bank are happy with current terms, she is interested in seeking a full and final offer. The debt is only around £2,700 but she would like it cleared so we can start moving forward and away from her past.

thanks and Happy New Year.

Comment

Hi slay1373. Send the first letter in this thread for the overdraft Overdrafts-CCA-Information You don't need to send the £1 and it's a little experimental but it's kept mine at bay for a couple of years.

The letter that you send £10 with is a Subject Access Request so not the one you want/need.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                Hi slay1373. Send the first letter in this thread for the overdraft Overdrafts-CCA-Information You don't need to send the £1 and it's a little experimental but it's kept mine at bay for a couple of years.

The letter that you send £10 with is a Subject Access Request so not the one you want/need.
                Pixie,

I am sending the letter above, not had any reply at all from Marlin since early this month.

To date we have had;
                £5955.78 CC Debt - letter dated 23rd December returning postal order, arrived 2nd January and returned same day - Nothing yet.
                £2162.57 Jnt Acc Debt - Letter dated 30th December returning PO and above comment about not being subject to CCA, but also stating that they had enclosed a Statement of Account (nothing enclosed in letter). Returning Pixie's letter as advised above today.

Comment

Update;

Had a response back from Marlin regarding the letter Pixie suggested above, it is dated 20th of January and states they have requested the relevant documentation from the original creditor. But nothing else!

However, the other letter relating to the Credit Card debt letter that was sent prior to Xmas, we had the reply and return of the PO which was sent back to Marlin on the 2nd of January.

We have heard nothing since then! Is there a follow up letter as this is now well past the 12+2 as suggested in other areas? I have seen somewhere a letter you can send to ascertain that as they have not replied and it is passed the deadline that as far as we are concerned this is now unenforceable?

She has stilled maintained the £1 payments on accounts as per the original agreement with HSBC, is it advisable in the circumstances to now stop these payments?

Any advice would be welcome.

Regards
                  Last edited by slay1373; 2 February 2015, 13:51.

Comment

Hi Slay,
                    Just sit tight mate, its up to them to find the necessary documents and send them to you.
                    Cheers
                    SA
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

but it'll never be SB if you keep paying the £1........................personally I'd stop

Comment

Agree with Mrs D.
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Pixie,

had a package from Marlin with statements from account and copy of terms and conditions but nothing else and a letter saying to contact them to clear the debt. Thinking of writing to offer £5 as we have ceased all other £1 payments to start the SB clock ticking.

however, still not heard anything on the Credit Card debt from them? Is there a letter we can send to acknowledge we have received nothin in the 14+2 and that in our view this is now unenforceable?

regards

Comment

hold the bus

that isn't a lawful CCA, I can tell without anyone even seeing it, it's a bunch of T&Cs

does it have your name and details on it anywhere?

I would just send off http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...tions-received

do it on Monday and meanwhile chill for the weekend, you're a long way from offering them anything

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                              hold the bus

that isn't a lawful CCA, I can tell without anyone even seeing it, it's a bunch of T&Cs

does it have your name and details on it anywhere?

I would just send off http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...tions-received

do it on Monday and meanwhile chill for the weekend, you're a long way from offering them anything
                              Mrs D,

just need to clarify, this debt is pertaining to a Joint Account, for which Pixie's letter was an experimental as the overdraft is in effect credit.

more importantly, how will we know if the other CC debt can be classed unenforceable? They have not responded for over 6 weeks from our original letter.

Comment

I haven't heard from some of mine for over 3 years........................you just have to wait and attempt to get over the SB line, 6 years in England, 5 in Scotland. Sometimes they admit they can't enforce, more commonly they just keep sending daft letters asking you to pay. That's the only way to play this, you need patience and you need to just go with the flow. If it looks like it's going to go shit up , you can come to some arrangement at that point, but you are just beginning, long way to go with both of these.

Comment

Working...
                                X