GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed Please - Marlin Letters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed Please - Marlin Letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed Please - Marlin Letters

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    date delivered
    Many thanks.

Comment

don't worry too much about the twelve days, as long as they don't produce lawful paperwork, it's in dispute, some of ours have been in dispute for quite a few years, waiting lawful paperwork....................

Comment

Fingers crossed

Comment

Quick update. Letters posted on the 8th this week (Monday) using signed for first class. Just tracked them and still saying post office have them. They have NOT been delivered yet, five days later?? thoughts?

Comment

happens a few times no track then out of the blue a letter arrives referring to the said item/letter, site updates delivery a week or so later, I sent a Card 1st class last Friday = it arrived Wednesday, the same time I sent 2nd class recorded Delivery on the Friday it was delivered on Monday? believe you me the Royal Mail is snail mail at most times.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

sometime the company only sign for receipt once a week just enjoy you weekend and get back to us if you receive anything more xx

to pass the time why not join us in the Bar http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ute-Bar-Part-7

and have you joined in the competition to win your Christmas Turkey/£50 http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...TION-WIN-%A350
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

First letter has been signed for on 15/12/2014 but as of yet the other is still showing as 'we have your item' since 8th December 2014!!

However, my partner has received two letters today from Marlin titled - 'Notification of Intended Escalation'. This is going to tip her over the edge. My thought is that these have been sent prior to receiving our requests under CCA, as surely once our request is in they should cease the threats?

Advice please as I don't want her to fret over Christmas and need to support her in this difficult period.

regards and Happy Christmas.

Comment

Don't worry about the threat, probably passed in post as you suggest. Not making any threat at present, probably asking you to contact them so that they can bully you on the phone. Ignore for now, enjoy your Christmas break. Had one of mine for over a year now, just get an annual statement of account.

Comment

Notice of intended escalation is just another scare tactic. They probably haven't received your letters, hopefully they will result in 'account on hold whilst we ask the OC for the documents'.

Do not fret over Christmas, they send a flurry of scare letters just before Christmas to scare people and panic them over the holidays.

Comment

Thanks Guys, knowing that many letters they send appear to arrive a few days after their letter date, then I am leaning to this. This is a follow up to their last threat and as you rightly say they have crossed paths in transit.

Is is it normal that they acknowledge our requests quickly?

Comment

they are all different, Marlin just have to be kept an eye on

I would just wait and see what happens now

They blow and bluster but just read the letters and let us know what happens, we'll keep you right about what is a viable threat and what isn't

these sound like mailshots

Comment

This is one of those received today, both same tex, note date of the letter is the 13/12/14.
                          Last edited by IF; 19 December 2014, 11:52. Reason: Ref number on attatchment

Comment

I think this has crossed with your CCA request it does sound scary but it is all a load of shyte actually

Let's wait and see

Comment

Isn't there an electronic identifying code showing in that attachment?

Comment

what makes me laugh at the letters at this time of year is that "you must contact within 7 days of the date of this letter" but a lot of the time they know you may not get the letter till after this time.
                                they hope you will panic and phone them so they can *assist* you in paying them over the phone, thus getting an extra sausage roll for the office do.
                                enjoy your Christmas xx

Comment

Working...
                                X