GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed Please - Marlin Letters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed Please - Marlin Letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed Please - Marlin Letters

Originally posted by slay1373 View Post
    Oscar, I am intrigued? Your location is MBNA, are you a fighter from within? One of her debts was with them? But unsure who owns that one, just that BCW were the last one to try and recover it?
    I used to be an insider. Don't think MBNA use BCW so more than likely been sold on.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Slay i know only too well the assisting part in any debt, many of mine were done for this, and my hubby thinks I can deal with anything and leaves me to it, yes I am still with him and many times wonder why!,
      we are willing to help with any of your problems in any way we can.
      what are marlin asking or demanding as we need more info
      as Cym says try and get your partner to join so we can get direct answers instead of he said she did. or use your posts , just let us know who we're talking to, we are here to help not hinder and have been a lifeline to many, her choice, but I ask her to trust us, so that we can help bring some relief to the onslaught I know she is getting from some of these company's.
      if she is not happy with posting on the main site she can PM any of the mods for help at any time
      I wish you well NW xx
      Last edited by nightwatch; 4 December 2014, 00:17. Reason: after thought
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        Hi again, it maybe easier if either your partner starts her own account or posts as you, just because it will be easier to get direct answers. If she wants to try the unenforceable route then she will need to send a CCA request from the site template letters. http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...1-starting-out
        To access these you will need to reregister using your same log in details; you will then receive a verification email which you must follow.

As as for oscar, if you ever find his story on the site you will realise that there is slight irony in his location
        When I meet up with her on Friday she can either join or post as me. Is the unenforceable route the ideal starting point?

i have already re registered and downloaded the first template and we will get the PO on Saturday.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
          I used to be an insider. Don't think MBNA use BCW so more than likely been sold on.
          understood Oscar. Since last BCW letter heard nothing else, so not concerned till it resurfaces again.

Comment

Nightwatch,

many thanks, all Marlin are asking are for her to contact her to discuss, but in a threatening way (pic available)

All the details posted are the facts as she has as we discussed earlier. At the weekend, I will get her to introduce herself (Susan) through my profile and I am sure she will provide what information is needed.

Danny
            Last edited by IF; 4 December 2014, 09:33. Reason: Deleted attachment - Details showing on letter

Comment

We can't advise about trying the unenforceable route, it has to be your decision. Like any challenge it does have risks, BUT it can lead to accounts that can't be enforced and which the money cannot be claimed. if you want to try that there will be lots of letters, phone calls and threats, however there is a letter for every occasion and if you post about what is happening there will be help (not always instantaneously) to deal with most situations. Perversely you reach the point when you look forward to the next communication as it becomes a game! That is when you know that debt no longer controls you.

Comment

RULE no 1, do not speak on the phone. If they ring refuse to answer the security questions and say that all communication must be in writing (there is a letter for that).
                Also, don't use your own names, just as a security precaution to protect yourselves.

Comment

She always sticks to the first rule. How does she comply with the second?

if she starts with the unenforceable option, is it best to send a letter and £1 PO with S.77-79 CCA request letter for each Marlin issue, or can they be handled together?

Comment

Not familiar with them, but that letter looks like a generic chasing letter.

Its addressed to Sir / Madam, surely if it was serious it would be directly addressed?

Others may have a different opinion - as I say I am not familiar with the DCA.

Comment

think it may be a generic chaser but marlin can be a nippy bunch so you have to go carefully. DEFINITELY do NOT add them together in any shape or form. treat everything separately which I know can be a pain but it is the best way

so for the moment I would get off a CCA request to the top three on your list, sign digitally and use a PO

then sit back and see what happens

Comment

Thank you Mrs D.

Comment

Originally posted by slay1373 View Post
                          Nightwatch,

many thanks, all Marlin are asking are for her to contact her to discuss, but in a threatening way (pic available)

All the details posted are the facts as she has as we discussed earlier. At the weekend, I will get her to introduce herself (Susan) through my profile and I am sure she will provide what information is needed.

Danny

Danny, I have removed your letter as part of the address was showing.

IF
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi Danny

Welcome to AAD - I have not seen the letter as it needs to be edited but something to be aware of.......

If your partner is paying a token amount each month, which has been agreed by creditors, then they need to be very careful about what they state in their letters. Anything that can be considered oppresive with an aim to get her to increase payments beyond what she can afford (e.g. threats of doorstep collectors), would place them in breach of FCA CONC guidelines.

If your partner also knows the address of her ex husband, then I would also be tempted to write back to the creditors and supply them with this information. I am surprised that there was no provision in the divorce as to how the joint debts would be repaid?

Best
                            SnV
                            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Quick update;

We have sent two letters to Marlin using the first steps template and, as suggested, are treating both Marlin issues as separate.

The letters were sent on the 8th of December using first class 'signed for' service and contained the letter from here and a £1 PO left blank.

I have checked the Royal Mail site and as yet they have not been 'signed for' as delivered and are still in the system. When does the 12+2 days kick in? Is it from confirmation of arrival or from date of sending?

I will update if I receive a reply or not? What is the next step?

Comment

date delivered

Comment

Working...
                                X