GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Link Financial - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Link Financial

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
    seems link have brought a bundle of Student loans most of which are irrecoverable it seems, shame
    Apart from mine.

Why are they irrecoverable? No CCA? Mine had one it seems.

Statute barred? Mine were not.

Something else?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Link Financial

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
      seems link have brought a bundle of Student loans most of which are irrecoverable it seems, shame
      Oh! I think I see what you mean now.

They bought a load up under the government sale of the student loan book.

Those were sold as a job lot, and not as delinquent ones specifically. Most were normally deferred or loans being paid as per agreement. They are administered under the "Thesis Serving" trading name, and not dealt with by the DCA part of link.

I suppose a fraction of the ones included in the sale would be delinquent loans. Non deferred, and non paid. Statute barred etc. So it is then those that "Thesis" has passed on the the proper DCA part of Link?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X