GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ruthbridge letter and calls at work - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruthbridge letter and calls at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ruthbridge letter and calls at work

Hi all,
    I will send off the above letter tomorow and see what they say. Is it ok to type my name and also put underneath 'no signature attached to this letter'?

Also, got myself in a bit of a state yesterday when i got home from work, there was a man dresed smartly standing accross the road outside his car, he was staring at me when i got out of my car and went into the house, i told my wife and she said he been there around 30 mins so far and keeps looking at our house. i went upstairs and looked out the bedroom window, he stayed for another 50 mins, getting in and out his car, writing stuff down and on his phone constantly. It shook me a bit because he was always staring at our house.
    Could this possibly be a bailiff or someone who is monitoring the hosue before they apply for a bailif? Really shook me up and scared me to be honest.

Thanks for all your posts so far, really appreciate it.

Comment

just sign it digitally, ie type your name.

A bailiff can only attend with a court order, so whoever the eejit was he wasn't a bailiff. I think i would have reported him to the police if he was looking at my house for all that time, sounds a bit dodgy.

Do you think this could be statute barred, ie how long since you paid anything or acknowledged the debts in any way?

Comment

well i only have 1 outstanding debt on my credit file which is about 800 for an O2 contract which i refused to pay due to explicit txts coming through and O2 would do nothing about it and they were charging a fortune for each txt so i said i would refuse to pay it. it was defaulted in 2007 and updated in 2008.

I have a few old credit cards and loans which are SB and are not on my credit file anymore, a few went off at the turn of the year.

Just wondered about a bailif, wouldnt put anything past Ruthless, esp as got a letter 1 day and the next calls started, even tho the letter said if no contact was made within 10 days THEN they would call

Comment

don't answer the phonecalls and wait and see if they tell you what it is about, in writing. Sounds like it may be something SBed, if it's the phone bill I can't really see them having anyone watch the house for that amount, so try not to worry.

Comment

Hi all,
            Just a quick update, letter was posted on Monday and was signed for yesterday by 'Kelly'. Sit tight and wait for a reply now.

When i receive any i will update on here.

Thanks all

Comment

Hello all,

Well i have received a reply today from Ruthbridge....

The main details from the letter are:

Client Name: Cabot financial europe ltd
              Assigned from: Barclay card
              Bal: 2642

They say they have been instructed by Cabot who have passed the above debt to them for collection. As we have been appointed their agent you should now contact is, we are authorised to negotiate repayment of the debt with you.

Call us to discuss repayment to avoid a recommendation to our client to proceed with further action against you for the recovery of the balance.

Depending on your financial status, we may be able to offer an attractive settlement option which could substantially reduce the sum due. Alt, you can pay in installments but this would be against the full balance.

Well, i have to say i do not remember having a Barclay card, if i did it would be SB. I have checked my Equifax account and i can not find it on there going back to December 2011 athough i did see a search on there by Cabot some time ago, i remember that as i thought who are they.

I have never recieved any contact from Cabot either.

Is it posible it could be on another credit agency report?

How should i proceed with this one, im not too sure. They also included a letter from Cabot saying as we could not come to a mutual agreement on repaying the acount we are passing it to Ruthbridge. Ruthbridge will contact u within 7 days in order to work with you in setting up a substantial repayment arrangement and ensure the account is cleared, whilst taking into account your personal circumstances.

Can anyone advise how i should proceed with this?

I will scan the letters tomorrow in work and put a copy on here for you to see.

Many thanks everyone

Comment

You say you have been accepted for a mortgage, you think any old debts you had are SB. Therefore, if I was you, I would ignore the last letter..............
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Shouldn't i reply to their letter though? If i dont surely they will keep hastleing me or even send someone?

We got accepted for the mortgage in Feb but the acceptance certificate lasts 60 days so expires soon and then you reapply. We are still in the process of saving the rest of the deposit at the mo

Comment

Originally posted by leeroy221 View Post
                    Shouldn't i reply to their letter though? If i dont surely they will keep hastleing me or even send someone?

We got accepted for the mortgage in Feb but the acceptance certificate lasts 60 days so expires soon and then you reapply. We are still in the process of saving the rest of the deposit at the mo
                    I Would send this then---------> You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok thanks.

If it does turn out to be an old account i had ( I had soo many when i got into the big mess i cant remember them all) can i still go SB as its no longer on my cred file?

Comment

Ok thanks.

If it does turn out to be an old account i had ( I had soo many when i got into the big mess i cant remember them all) can i still go SB as its no longer on my cred file?
                        What is statute barred debt?

Statute barred debt is debt which in certain circumstances becomes unenforceable in court. The piece of legislation which sets out these circumstances is the Limitations Act 1980. So when a creditor comes chasing you for an old debt you can use the following information to access whether or not your debt is time barred.
                        How long can a creditor chase a debt?

This is dependent on the type of debt you have. The most common form of debt which people ask about in our forum is unsecured debts eg credit cards, personal loans, store cards, catalogues, bank loans, finance company loans etc. The Limitations Act 1980 states that when the following conditions are met then the debt cannot be pursue through the courts.

The conditions are:-
                        • That the creditor has not taken court action against you, eg CCJ, AND
                        • You have not made any payments on the debt over the last 6 years,AND
                        • During the years, you haven't written to the creditor acknowledging that owe them money.
                        As you can see all three conditions must be met in order for the debt to be "time barred". So the answer to the above question is 6 years.

Comment

ok thank you for the advise above.

I am pretty sure these are met (if it is an old account - its not on my report as i say)

The prove it letter wont affect this is any way then?

Thank you so much for your help, be lost without you

Comment

I am pretty sure these are met (if it is an old account - its not on my report as i say)

The prove it letter wont affect this is any way then?
                            No.

See paragraph 7 of section 29 (link) of the Limitation Act 1980 - once an alleged debt becomes statute barred, it cannot be revived.

What did you mean about working in a secured site?
                            Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 20 March 2012, 09:52.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              No.

See paragraph 7 of section 29 (link) of the Limitation Act 1980 - once an alleged debt becomes statute barred, it cannot be revived.

What did you mean about working in a secured site?

By secure site i mean i work in a military base so they should not have been able to get the number they used. We are not allowed to give it out either.

Comment

I have tried to upload/attach the letter i received but seem to be having a bit of trouble. Will try again later.

If i write back using the know nothing/prove it letter, should i also add a bit in there that the alleged account is not even on my credit file? Thus meaning they should get the hint that even if it is mine, it will be SB?

Comment

Working...
                                X